AgnosticRadar
debate339

God is an inside job

debate339

AgnosticRadar

Pro

God is fake and he likes men.
debate339

Con

Thank you for this interesting debate. Until you provide additional information i cannot answer to any questions as there are no questions to answer to. Also please do not insult God as by doing so regardless of your religion, you are insulting my own religion and also insulting me.
AgnosticRadar

Pro

God is to fake. Have you ever even seen him, or have him talk back? (Not on drugs) He is the biggest phony in all of time. He is just a fragment of imagination that governments created to control its people. DUHH

(Also this is just a fake debate) (GOD IS STILL FAKE THOUGH)
debate339

Con

Yes indirectly i have heard and seen God. (i wasnt high) it was last winter and i was skiing in Minnesota and i was partially snowblind and heading down the hill at a considerable speed. heard a voice yell "STOP!" and i stopped and looked around and no one was around. i looked ahead and i saw a 50 foot drop off.
AgnosticRadar

Pro

Yep you were obviously on some hard drugs. God is still fake, and he is still just a corporate thing. The churches have too much power and are never taxed, they get huge discounts, and yet, when is the last time someone actually saw god. Never. Because he is a fraud and needs to be removed from peoples minds.
debate339

Con

i forfeit on the grounds that this debate might prove insulting to the general public so i shall end it here
AgnosticRadar

Pro

I knew I would win :3
debate339

Con

jus posting to end debate
AgnosticRadar

Pro

I acknowledge the end of this debate. BTW this was a fake debate.
debate339

Con

debate ends here and vote tied as this debate was invaled
Posted by AgnosticRadar 3 years ago
AgnosticRadar
@Swagmasterpoopoo I already notified everyone that this was a stupid debate on my part. I just joined that day and made a pointless debate. Sooo..yeah quit jumping to conclusions, Aye?
Posted by Swagmasterpoopoo 3 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
Everyone should report this debate. I believe that God is non-existant, but I still respect those who think he does exist and their religion. This in no way was funny. Shameful...
Posted by AgnosticRadar 3 years ago
AgnosticRadar
I would just like to apologize to everyone who was offended by this debate. I was trying to be funny, and this is not the place to do that. So again, I am deeply sorry, although I am an Agnostic I shouldn't bash others beliefs. Please accept my apology.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Neuroscience is a pretty amazing and fascinating field.
Aye! :-D~
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
As a youth I often encountered snakes while watering the farm.
One day I was walking along the bank and my mind said "STOP", suddenly my legs froze, it was like I lost contact with them, my step I was about to take did not happen, my legs suddenly became rigid, but a few seconds later I consciously looked down to see a snake slithering between my legs and into the water.
My peripheral vision had seen the snake and told me to not move, which is the best practice when encountering a snake, my instincts (genetically inherited) already knew this from previous generations of survival learning.
Millions of years of survival learning and responses are built into our lizard brain which surface when our peripheral vision sees that we need such a learned response. Even though we are not conscious of these learned skills.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I'm studying neurology, so I am simply informing ppl of something that is pretty amazing, but common.
Many people wrongly believe that something spiritual has signaled them of danger, when it is truly and innate response that existed in humans, long before we developed our advanced form of consciousness.
Our peripheral vision is still connected to our primary lizard brain centers which cannot detect color, but mainly outlines. In the forests it was handy for detecting lions and tigers crouched in the nearby bushes awaiting to spring. While we focused on food, fruit and berries our peripheral vision is scanning the environment for recognized patterns, when the pattern of a tiger or lion is detected, we automatically go into defensive mode, without even consciously knowing why we suddenly went into flight mode. Though even if it is a false alarm (a bit of wood that resembles a tiger) we are better off going into flight mode, just in case.
We still have this defense system built into our bodies, so we may sometimes feel afraid without knowing why, like a coil of hose on the ground may resemble a snake, so our peripheral vision picks the likeness and suddenly we feel fear, until we consciously recognize that it is only a piece of garden hose and then our fear response ceases.
It has happened to me occasionally, which is why I had such interest in this phenomenon.
Posted by Echo 3 years ago
Echo
I do not know what is more mind boggling, people who believe in something the cant see or people who are offended by something they do not even believe in.
Posted by Senatus 3 years ago
Senatus
Although I am an atheist, I do not think that the way that you started this debate was very respectful. Debate339's decision to forfeit was reasonable, because is doesn't seem like you are actually trying to start a decent debate.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
The God yelling stop scenario is common, it means what little peripheral vision was available had picked up the danger, before the person was consciously aware of it. It is part of our basic Lizard Brain, or Brain Stem reflexes.
A neuropsychologist was walking behind his son and suddenly yelled out to his son to Stop Still. His son obeyed, and neither of them knew why, until the both noticed a coiled rattle shake which the son would have inadvertently stepped on if his father didn't say Stop.
Yet, the Neuropsychologist had heard this many times and realized that it was his peripheral vision had spotted the likeness of the snake and instantly, enacted the empathy reflex in telling his son to stop.

It happens often, we see things often without being consciously aware of them.
Only when those things that pass by normally in your peripheral vision are perceived as a threat (often false alarms) do we actually take notice of them.

No, it was not from God: :-D~
Vote Placed by DJ-R3mix 3 years ago
DJ-R3mix
AgnosticRadardebate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: AgnosticRadar is a troll and is obsessed with me and debate339.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
AgnosticRadardebate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gets arguments for Con conceding. Con gets conduct for taking the high road and ending a pointless debate. The whole "fake debate" comments confused me as well.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
AgnosticRadardebate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not provide sufficient arguments that God existed and conceded in the end. I'm not sure what does Pro mean by "Fake debate".