zeromeansnothing
Darkerknight

'God is everywhere'

zeromeansnothing

zeromeansnothing

Pro

If God is not everywhere then religion is baseless.
That would infer that mankind's degree of acquired 'self perception' is generally ' delusional' or 'false', in it's nature.
How could this achieved 'state of self-delusion', possibly occur?
I feel that God is everywhere and I am prepared to debate that this is so.
Darkerknight

Con

Totally forgot about this. Anyway, your argument suggests that there is a God. Not all religion has a God anyway. So how could their religion be baseless?
zeromeansnothing

Pro

Hi Batman,

Why is it that 'God belief' emerged independently among human societies all over the world. God belief is everywhere. This fact alone displays a, common everyday source or cause. Do you agree?

Danger is everywhere, cohesion is everywhere, chaos is everywhere, Why not God? Think about it.

The God of our existence captivates and attracts us in a myriad of ways. It is all-encompassing and awe- full to us. It transcends the universe to logically hold within it 'omnipotence' What have I missed? Have I lost you yet. I will respond to all and sundry via comments and we can move on slowly. Are you any good at picking holes in something, Batman?
Darkerknight

Con

"God Belief" emerged because one man alone believed that there is an afterlife. It is up to all other people to accept that theory. God belief, as you said, is everywhere. That does not support the theory that God is everywhere. Simply believing in something does not mean that is is real necessarily. And a God is not the only thing that can explain all curiosities. Science, however, is able to provide an explanation to a myriad of curiosities. I consider myself quite good at picking holes. And, it's not Batman. It's Bat(er)man
zeromeansnothing

Pro

Hi Bat(ter)Man,

You state 'Simply believing in something does not mean that is is real necessarily. '

Can you give me real examples of what you are talking about. As Cher says 'Do you believe in life after love?' If there is consistent 'God belief' in various isolated locations during human history then this is proof that there is a single cause for this phenomena. It also indicates that the source of this belief is tangible and local to each of these human groupings.If not then why not? The essential existence of God within the range of human awareness explains why 'God belief' appears to evolve and mutate rather than to wane and disappear. over time. Correct me if I am incorrect but last time I checked over 80% of the world's population profess a belief in God. Why do people believe in God?
Darkerknight

Con

Now, when you said 80% of the world believe in God. Assuming you are a Christian, you are saying the Christian God. I did a little research. Only 31% of the world is religious. Of that percentage, 70% are Christian. Now that that is out of the way, I'd like to explain what I said in the last round. In early times, people had no explanation for natural spooks, and no science could provide an explanation. They would say that it all happens because of an angry deity is punishing the world for it's wrongdoings. Also, the first religion is thought to be Christian, but that is false. The first is Hinduism: a belief in multiple gods, not one lone creator. A religion that believes everything is immortal. A religion that does not flow with Christian beliefs. Christianity is a creation. Therefore, it's beliefs are a creation.
zeromeansnothing

Pro

There you have it, just like people consider that a fresh sea breeze is good for clearing your chest, they also consider the presence of God as being actual. Let us be honest here, and state that there are enough gaps in our real self awareness to allow for the existence of this entity to remain a bit of a mystery to us.

People feel God. People arrive at God by a process of deduction. People are pulled further into God if they allow their instincts to help them. God never sleeps. God never disappears. All life forms participate in God. Inanimate objects are in themselves, components of God, as are consequences such as shadow, moonlight, wind, current etc. God is in a constant state of well being. Our position and purpose in all this is to participate and wonder as only humans can.

Our exuberance and wonder has blinded us as to our real role within God. We were meant to participate and share within God and not to gather and redistribute. We have been one of the more idiotic aspects of the God phenomena and we are about as objectively useful as Canadian mosquitoes or the midges of the Scottish Highlands.
I do not want to be too harsh but it appears that we are bent on self exclusion from the healing that is God. Such are the implications of our 'free will'. Is it free will to insist on stupidity?? Your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks Batterman for your participation here. You make good points about the various manifestations of 'God belief ' that have occurred down through the ages. Yes, there has been superstition and fear and exploitation throughout this story but the fact remains that all this 'belief' is squarely based on our perceptions of our own reality. There is something there that we describe as 'God'

We feel God, we deduct God, and we find God to be beneficial to our state of being and we therefore believe in God. Unfortunately, that is the point where we take out our box of crayons and we attempt to draw God. God is best understood when we are in direct contact with our physical world be that through simply living, working or just enjoying physical activity outdoors. God is a wonderful experience if allowed to happen.
Darkerknight

Con

I think that at this point our opinions have been expressed as best as possible. The winner is to be decided in the next round. Final statements, please!
zeromeansnothing

Pro

The human is enshrined within an existence that constantly radiates God to it. The human is of this God and it belongs to it. It's place is within God. It can only deny this fact through willfulness and self exclusion. God is a resource that allows for fulfillment within the temporary cognition that we call our lives. Anyway, anyhow, it is always there.

Thanks Batterman!
Darkerknight

Con

I believe that it is possible to feel that there is a God out there. But most people like to believe He is there because they are scared. I also believe that we have consciences for a reason, and that is to make decisions and make opinions. My opinion stands, and there is not much to change that.

GREAT DEBATE ::)
Posted by Darkerknight 11 months ago
Darkerknight
That was Poetic
Posted by zeromeansnothing 11 months ago
zeromeansnothing
Hi Darkerknight,

You ask 'Have you seen your God?'

I have never seen love but I have felt it.
I have been awestruck by many things in my life, ie the beauty that is in nature, the complexity of our make-up, the immense nature of the Cosmos. The progression of time against my frail efforts at existing. There are many many things that I have not seen that I know are there. Within this magnitude, the human is best advised to not resist the experience that is what we call God. God is without limits in that it easily surpasses our wildest possible assimilations. What do you think? We should not attempt to caricature or describe God, we should not attempt to own God. We should merely bow before the Almighty in humble gratitude and allow ourselves the cathartic benefits that come with us expressing basic human appreciation for something beyond us. Life is aboutthe glorification and perpetuation of this entity. It is beyond us to destroy God in any significant way, it is only possible for us (within our will) to deny it. It is almost certain that life of a different type, probably much more advanced exists somewhere out there, Is this a reasonable assumption. All possibilities exist for God. If a child cannot reach the top press does that mean that the press is empty. I do not think so.
zeromeansnothing
This is a strange debate stance as I do not feel that I carry with me the burden of proof. The reason I say this is that what I have said to date here is clear and observable 'matter of fact'. So therefore, tell me why people believe in God if such an entity does not exist. What other things do people believe in that are not there, ie morals. Is it wrong for a human to cut the head off a child? I'm sure it is. What's the difference, ie we believe in God because of it's factual and actual existence. What do you think????

The burden of proof rests with those choosing to describe 'God Belief' as being delusionary and baseless, I would have thought.?
Posted by Darkerknight 11 months ago
Darkerknight
Thank you for being rational and polite throughout this debate. I appreciate that.

As humans with their own consciences, we are able to depend on ourselves, just like any other surviving organism. On another note, your profile says that you believe what you see. Have you seen your God?
zeromeansnothing
Hi DarkerKnight,

Explain to me the interdependence of organisms within life that achieve an inter- balance between themselves that leads onwards towards a perpetuation and evolvement of this system that is almost without limits. How does that happen. Isn't that a form of cohesiveness that is real. Does this cohesion exist or not. Just like God. What do you think?
Posted by Darkerknight 11 months ago
Darkerknight
"Love is in the air" and "The times, they are changing" are known as "expressions". "God is everywhere" is not an expression and, therefore, is taken seriously.
zeromeansnothing
Hi Stonehe4rt 11,
Thanks for your interest and participation here. What is the big deal that people have with 'god being everywhere' . We say things like 'love is in the air', 'the times they are a changing'............... God is definitely there or else we would not be talking about it. I too feel that God can be explained in a simple logical way without the need for 'stage dressing'.

I was watching Ray Mears explore the Boreal Forest. His guide explained the complex cohesion that exists between the various life forms in this place,ie trees,rodents, birds, moose, wolves etc. This is an actual created cohesion. What is that about?
Posted by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Wouldnt that make you more Agnostic Zero? Well regardless of that, I also believe God is everywhere, just something that would make most logical and scientific sense to me. I mean that would explain better how God created us, if he is everywhere, then he is everything, hence we were made from him in the literal sense. I have numerous theories for that but of course just theories.
Posted by Darkerknight 11 months ago
Darkerknight
I am back! No bias.
zeromeansnothing
Is the Darkernight going to appear with knowledge? Personally, I doubt it!
Vote Placed by Stonehe4rt 11 months ago
Stonehe4rt
zeromeansnothingDarkerknightTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argued we can feel God everywhere like you can feel Love, or feel other not tangible things. Con argued that he believes we can feel God but also that people believe in God out of fear. Whether or not God was real was not the debate, and Con did not successfully logically debunk Pro. Bottom Line. Pro was much more convincing and used each of his rounds to provide information.