TheLeafBlower
Noahernandez98

God is evil

TheLeafBlower

Pro

God is evil. Suffering happens everyday. Millions of people die every year from illnesses and natural disasters. If God was not evil then why would 'he' let this happen.
My brother was born with a heart disease, 2 months later he dies. Why would a good God let this happen?
Noahernandez98

Con

Assuming you are speaking of God as depicted in the Christian Bible and that you then acknowledge his existence.
You do not recognize the Bible as totally accurate in it's depiction of God.
You use observations on humanity to justify you statement that God is Evil.
I will attempt to refrain from scripture to back my claims but will use them as canon history

God is often considered to be a triangle of sorts. the three corners of said triangle would then say "all powerful", "all knowing", and "all good". However, if these three statements were true, we would be living in a perfect world. God would be willing to stop everything, able to stop everything and know how to stop everything. You take the stance that the discrepancy lies within the statement that God is "all good". A God who is all good would not allow children to die at two months old if he was able to prevent it. The problem is there, but not to the extant of which you have taken it.

I say that God is not all good, at least not by our standards. God is first all just. He does what is necessary for the benefit of all under the premise of free will. A life of blind worship would be a boring one to say the least. We would involuntarily sing and dance for his amusement. This would also be boring for him.

Think of it this way; If you knew your S.O. didn't actually love you sincerely, but participated in the relationship only for the sake of doing so, you too would feel empty inside. You would likely end the relationship right then as well. similarly, God created a civilization with the option to worship him. It was not necessary. In keeping free will, he has to refrain interference as much as possible.

If you briefly examine the story of Adam and Eve, you would see a man and a woman who disobeyed God and thus condemned the rest of humanity to a life of evil and wickedness. How is this, then, just? Well, Adam and Eve were, in a way, a metaphor for all of humanity. Given the option between happiness and a world of evil, given that the world of Evil contained a level of understanding about the universe that that of ignorance did not, I wouldn't hesitate to eat the fruit. And I know that everybody else wouldn't either. We would have all disobeyed God in that instance because we are all hungry for knowledge whether we know it or not.

God is infinite, therefore he sees us in our youth and our old age. Our health and infirmity. in the midst of our wrath and in the midst of our peace. All at once. We see only what is right before us, in that instant. We see a tattered shamble of memories. And we see uncertain assumptions of the future. God sees it all with perfect vision. We see a child die, and we see innocence. We see a criminal die, and we see guilt. However, in reality they are both equally guilty. The standards for heaven are perfection, and nobody can say with honesty that they are, and always will be, perfect. Not the child, and not the criminal. The child did not yet sin, but would in the future, just as we all will. God sees the adult the child would become, and he sees the imperfection involved. Just as God sees the child the criminal once was.

Because we all disobeyed him, none of us deserve Heaven. Therefore we all go to Hell. At least that's how it used to work. those who lived good lives used to go to a good spot in Hell, similar to the good spot in Hades. That's how it worked for thousands of years. But then Jesus came and ended that.

Imagine a nasty strawberry. Black and furry and ready to throw away. Now dip that in chocolate. Is the chocolate rotten? No. The chocolate looks great actually. In the same way, God sees Jesus when he sees us. God knows we're bad but our sins are forgiven. All of them. Forever. Every sin the child would have committed, forgiven.

Because he holds this perfect system; Because he is just, God is good.
TheLeafBlower

Pro

TheLeafBlower forfeited this round.
Noahernandez98

Con

Noahernandez98 forfeited this round.
TheLeafBlower

Pro

TheLeafBlower forfeited this round.
Noahernandez98

Con

Noahernandez98 forfeited this round.
Posted by albertack 7 months ago
albertack
I believe the only way out of this conundrum, officially known as "The Problem of Evil," is to assume God is not omnipotent, at least in the traditional sense of the word. Many of the arguments that suggest "Otherwise we couldn't learn and grow" implicitly accept this claim, though I don't know if they would be happy to be forthright about it. Still, if God truly were all-powerful, meaning he could create circular squares and he could cause us to grow in adversity's absence, then there would be no reason for pain. Death and disease would be cruel afflictions permitted by a God who could have prevented it. This, in my mind, would make him "evil." The only escape, I believe, is to reconsider what it means to be Omnipotent. Though this task proves tricky, with additional complications along the way, I believe it is the only explanation that makes sense.
Posted by KristaBoy 7 months ago
KristaBoy
God will send me to the sun after life he just not justifice with me in psyko when I talk about Gud who is my belief when he from Sweden I belief and in Finland are Finnish God Jumala how I pray for and to Gud to for my language chanches. Yes, I can't speaking Swedish and Finnish. But I live in Sweden and parents from Finland and they speak Finnish and my mother both two language I will. God is evil in 04/05 in psyko home. I was scarred by he send me to the sun there is 6 million celsius and inside he will send me in the sun God is Stupidfy and evil against me and Allah Akbar promise same like God from USA. God do not will my Gud belief. He are scarred about evil in Swedish hell. And Gud he can't knowing. From Sweden he are. Swedish heaven. Nobody in USA also belief Gud is Swedish. I pray to Gud and Jumala last day 2-3 or 4 times. Hope them can help me.
Posted by Orose_Khan 7 months ago
Orose_Khan
@PonticGreekMacedonian or whatever, you're not helping the argument.

However, I will pose a few questions to proposition. Perhaps, had your brother been born in perfect health, he would have lead such a life as to surpass Hitler, Stalin, Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and all other evil folk in terms of just that. Evil. Can you know the future? Can you understand God's reasons for taking your brother from you? Proposition assumes that God's will should shape itself to align with Mankind's when it should be the reverse.
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 7 months ago
PonticGreekMacedonian
If the world was perfect then nothing good would come out of it! We wouldn't know how to fail and then make things right! Also when someone gets cancer and they die, that is God taking them out of that pain, when they die their pain is gone so if you die from Cancer then God is healing you from that pain therefore he is GOOD!!!
PonticGreekMacedonian
God is not evil! These things happen because of the human race! God is giving us a chance to take care of this Earth but because of the fcked up human race we can't even do that! This is why Jesus must return to put all things right! God is not evil, the human race is! STOP BLAMING GOD FOR YOUR OWN PROBLEMS!!!