Varto
harrytruman

God is made up by humans.

Varto has forfeited round #3.

Varto

Pro

God what is god or who is god even in the bible is not explained what actualy is god.And there is no proof that he exists.Dont tell me to look arround and see that life couldnt have just came out of no where.I would say that god is made up becouse we dont understand verry good where did life came from or the whole universe it like the ancient people they made up gods to explain where rain came from or lightnings ect.What i want to say is there is no proof of god and everything points that he is made up to explain things we cant understand yet.
harrytruman

Con

My opponent may be able to claim that G-d does not exist based on no eidence, but not propose a way that the idea of G-d came into existance without proof, my oppponent therefore must prove that humans made up G-d.
Varto

Pro

Proof that god was made up-Control over humans by fear of hell.Controling by fear is tactic that has been used and is used by many dictators and it works.Churches getting free money in the bible it says that people should give percent of their salary to church.If you just used your head a litle you could see that religion is nothing more that method for controling the masses.Give me good argument that god exists ohh forgot that you dont have any.
harrytruman

Con

Actually, this idea of hell was instituted with Christianity, in Judaism we don't really believe in hell, nowhere in the Tanakh are there warnings of hell or orders to give Christian Church's money. Since Judaism existed before Christianity, and is the first religion to profess belief in one G-d, you must prove that the G-d of Judaism was made up by humans, whilst I have proved that none of your arguments apply to Judaism.
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
missmedic
A definition of your god is needed and proof of the existence of a supernatural realm.

Believers must be able to present a model of the universe in which some god is "either required, productive, or useful." No believer has been able to demonstrate, or even strongly suggest, that there are any events in the universe which requires some alleged "god" to explain. Instead, these constantly failing attempts end up reinforcing the impression that there is no "there" there " nothing for "gods" to do, no role for them to play, and no reason to give them a second thought. It's technically true that the constant failures don't mean that no one will ever succeed, but it's even more true that in every other situation where such failures are so consistent, we don't acknowledge any reasonable, rational, or serious reason to bother believing.
Humans have invented thousands of gods over thousands of years, and all have been myths.
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
are you saying its impossible for a green monster to be under your bed?
Posted by canis 5 months ago
canis
Upps !..I just saw something under my bed. Could have been green..I better take a look...No it was a purple boat...
Posted by canis 5 months ago
canis
"@BackCommander Well that's a bit ironic because saying God doesn't exist is an argument based on assumptions lol. "... How can that be an assumption ? . It is like saying.."A green monster under my bed doesnt exist" ... Its not an assumption..
Posted by Huron0 5 months ago
Huron0
@BackCommander Well that's a bit ironic because saying God doesn't exist is an argument based on assumptions lol. Besides, you have to define what God is because there is several definitions people give for what it even is. If you say it's something that is worshipped well anything can be God because literally anything can be an object of worship. If it's the Creator of all that is well that's just another way of saying source. If God is source than it obviously exists since we otherwise wouldn't even exist. If God is the creator of morality that makes him a law maker, he sets the ultimate quantities and parameters in which we get to live in. But morality (good and evil) are very easy to understand. Good-anything that is beneficial to yourself and others. Bad= anything that is destructive to yourself and others. You have a creative force or a destructive force that's all it comes down to. That is absolutely ridiculous, total chaos cannot produce order or else its not true chaos. Chaos is destruction and pure destruction just destroys everyTHING until you end up at noTHING. Creation, destruction duality is especially evident in the physical realm. Our bodies actually are incredibly complex because if one thing is off in a critical area you get sick and die. Your heart is missing one valve you're dead. You rupture a major artery, you're dead. It's so obvious it was designed that way that it's insane how anyone can deny that. If I saw a Boeing Jet sitting in the middle of the field I'm not going to go WOW, what an amazing job evolution did. Why? Because that's retarded. People would think I'm stupid as hell. The Boeing Jet was designed to do a specific purpose for specific reasons anything that is off or goes wrong in the design can result in a dangerous, fatal crash. Same thing with the human body. Besides, evolution is supposed to be random, it isn't suppose to design things to have organs in order to live unless you claim evolution has awareness itself
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
claims are not proof
Posted by TruthBeTold13 5 months ago
TruthBeTold13
To prove God does not exist you must first dis-prove the Bible. If the bible is false, God is not real. If the Bible is true, God must exist. The Bible can be proven true by history. A roman author by the name of Tacticus wrote. " Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus." Which, if you have read the book of Luke, is perfectly in line with the bible. So we can then conclude that Jesus Christ really lived.

If I believe that my teacher is a god, and people are constantly making fun of me and beating me up, am I going to endure the punishment just to hold fast in my belief? The disciples of Jesus endured torture, mocking, jail, and even Crucifixion, the worst type of death possible at that time, because they knew that their friend Jesus was their lord and savior.

The bible was written by 44 authors over a time period of over two thousand years, yet through years of scouring and criticism by atheists, not one contradiction has been found.

I know you don't want me to tell you to look around but try. land forms like the grand canyon, the alps and the great layers of rock built up in sedimentary deposits all point to the Biblical flood. "Scientists" have tried to explain it with time (millions and billions of years) but nothing fits better to explain these great wonders then the flood.

So, after all the PROOF you can find that isn't based off of assumptions but hard facts, the bible stands true.
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
its what they have on god that is nothing canis :b
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
vi_spex
a first cause must be an effect, therfore it has a cause and isnt a first cause but merly cause and effect
Posted by Zaephou 5 months ago
Zaephou
We do not know if there was even a first cause because to do that we need to look at a time before the Big Bang.