Skept
BrettBoelkens

God is needful

BrettBoelkens has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Skept

Pro

God is needful. Some people need God. If there are people who ask for something. That thing is needful.

I did not confer whether God is or not. That is not a subject of this debate. But if we should consider that topic to advance our discussion, we can.
BrettBoelkens

Con

I accept the debate and hope that we can have a productive dialogue. Before we truly begin, do you define God as the God of Abraham, since you capitalized the g? Or do you just define God as some great spirit not connected to any religion?
Skept

Pro

The latter is more proper than the former for my intention. But the former is also needful.
I wrote my opinion considering God as the absolute being. I don't know whether Christian God is and perfect, or not. But Christians believe that their God is the complete being, and look for God.
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
You mean people are needful so they create gods ?...Yes..some need to.
Posted by Skept 2 months ago
Skept
To Throwback
'God stands in need' imply that God exists. God is a concept in need,(I don't know if that concept is or not is) and humans are needful of him. I think.
Posted by Skept 2 months ago
Skept
Challenge please
Posted by Simple_Logic 2 months ago
Simple_Logic
God exists in the mind as an idea

We need ideas to inspire, create, understand, and communicate our perceptions

To say the idea of God will be needed forever implies we will never be able to fully understand what we perceive
Posted by Throwback 2 months ago
Throwback
I can't even decipher if pro wishes to argue that God stands in need (is needful), or if others are needful of Him (is needed). Could be interesting either way, but they are 2 very different propositions.
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
First off you have to ask "which god"? If its the god according to the bible, you first need to prove that he exists which naturally no one can. Be that as it may... getting past that barrier, in print which is such a hypnotically and contradictory hypocritical bold faced power pack of lobotomized lab rats as man is, faith is the #1 thing preached in the bible in which shows one of god's many imperfections - that he NEEDS man's faith to survive. Pathetic.
Posted by philochristos 2 months ago
philochristos
Maybe you should define "need" and how you distinguish it from "want."