telisw37
LifeMeansGodIsGood

God is not Good According to the Bible!

telisw37

telisw37

Pro

God is not Good. No petty rules. We agree to limit bible examples. to 3 per round. 99.9% of all Christians/Religions are biblically ignorant. Let's prove it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Sadly, I have to agree with my opponent that most Christians have a poor working knowledge of the Bible. I am not one of them. I am looking forward to my opponents first three Bible examples where he will show his lack of understanding of God and God's Word. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.
telisw37

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate.

Bible Example: #1.
I open with Genesis, God saw everything He had made was good. Then He formed another man Adam who was better than good. The man to til the ground is/was Christ not virgin born, was/is anything but averaged old good. I say God is great, who dishes out goodness, out of His greatness. But not always good all the time. Which is totally false.
Or how can a God who created good things be just good, and not better/ higher. Or great but never good? Explain why God in Spirit allowed the God man Himself =Adam=The Alpha of the bible=The Root of David's actions of 'Good' in Eden the Garden of God. A good God would have put the Serpent elsewhere. Making a family with The Serpent's sloppy seconds. So Adam was acting stupidly of revengefull.

Luk 3:38

Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent,(Satan) Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity(War) between thee(Satan) and the woman,(Eve=Israel) and between thy seed(Satan's children) and her seed;(Adam's children) it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. (Pop Quiz who's heel was brusied for you?) What part of Satan's head wound is good for the Serpent's rich family?) Again sometimes God will behave badly or strange anything but good!)

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Now offer Webster: God is a noun.(Person, Place, or Thing.) Who does not conform to the Universe. Also mere men have praise worthy character. The Alpha of the Bible/The Root ofDavid (Sitting on the Throne is worthy of praises.) Again God is not good. Sometimes, he behaves badly or strange.

Main Entry: 2good
Function: noun
Date: before 12th century

1 a : something that is good b(1) : something conforming to the moral order of the universe(2) : praiseworthy character : goodness c : a good element or portion 2 a : advancement of prosperity or well-being <thegood of the community> <it's for your own good> b : something useful or beneficial<it's no good trying> 3 a : something that has economic utility or satisfies an economic want b plural : personal property having intrinsic value but usually excluding money, securities, and negotiable instruments c plural : cloth dplural : something manufactured or produced for sale : wares, merchandise<canned goods> e plural British: freight 4 : good persons —used with the 5 plural a : the qualities required to achieve an end b : proof of wrongdoing<didn't have the goods on him — T. G. Cook

Bible Example of Point#2 of God not being good. Mighty is not just good! Different word meaning different than Good. The bible does not say at all anywhere that God is good!

Many do pray daily God is Good, God is Great, Thank You for This Plate, Amen!

5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.

6 He preserveth not the life of the wicked: but giveth right to the poor.

(A Good God who despiseth not any, even the wicked, yet does not preserveth thier life, yet claim's wisdom for the wicked winning is not 'Good of God'!)

7 He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings are they on the throne; yea, he doth establish them for ever, and they are exalted.

8 And if they be bound in fetters, and be holden in cords of affliction;

9 Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded.

10 He openeth also their ear to discipline, and commandeth that they return from iniquity.

11 If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.

12 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.

13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

14 They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

15 He delivereth the poor in his affliction, and openeth their ears in oppression.

(Sometimes the Good God forgets, some, or maybe He enjoys seeing suffering? Good for who poor, sick, and blind people oppressed by His creation and Leadership by The Royal Line of David?)

Remember Goliath is of Cain

16 Even so would he have removed thee out of the strait into a broad place, where there is no straitness; and that which should be set on thy table should be full of fatness.

17 But thou hast fulfilled the judgment of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold on thee.

18 Because there is wrath, beware lest he take thee away with his stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.

19 Will he esteem thy riches? no, not gold, nor all the forces of strength.

20 Desire not the night, when people are cut off in their place.

21 Take heed, regard not iniquity: for this hast thou chosen rather than affliction.

22 Behold, God exalteth by his power: who teacheth like him?

23 Who hath enjoined him his way? or who can say, Thou hast wrought iniquity?

24 Remember that thou magnify his work, which men behold.

25 Every man may see it; man may behold it afar off.

26 Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.

27 For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:

28 Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly.

Again acts of Greatness, Nonsense, Foolishness, Bias, Nepotism, not Goodness. God has favorites! Again not Good!

Bible Examples #3 (Bias, Nepotism, not Goodness.)

Romans 1:16 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:9 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Romans 2:10 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

30 And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

Notice the inferior Greek Mother got her request when she knew her lower position. Not a Jew. A always good God would be good to all, always but it is only natural to favor your own family first. (Israel' People from the nut's=SPERM of Adam who sinned allowing death on planet earth!)

God Behaving Badly – Is the God of the Old Testament an Angry, Racist, Sexist Masochist?

Read more: http://www.patheos.com...

An Old Testament custom that seems unnecessarily harsh is the "eye for an eye" laws, also called lex talionis, or law of exact equivalence. Many people are familiar with Jesus' radical response to this law in the Sermon on the Mount, in which he tells his listeners to "turn the other cheek" (Matt. 5:39). The clearest expression of this law appears in Leviticus.

If anyone injures his neighbor, as he has done it shall be done to him, fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; whatever injury he has given a person shall be given to him (Lev. 24:19-20).

Good?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

Since the theme of this debate is "God is not good according to the Bible", and my opponent shows his complete lack of understanding the Bible and ignorance of it as in his Point #2 summation saying "the Bible does not say at all anywhere that God is good!" I will try to keep this simple.

he Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good.

Psalm 145:9 ..... The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Psalms 145: 1, 5, & j (1) I will extol thee, my God, O king;......(5) I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. (7) They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.

Psalm 118:1 "O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good......."

My opponents entire position as Pro and his assertion, clearly invalidated by the brief passages I have quoted from the Bible, show all of his arguments to be a terrible lack of understanding and awareness of the Bible.

Why is my opponent referring to sources outside of the Bible when the debate is "God is not good according to the Bible" ? It seems my opponent is avoiding acknowledging that the Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good.

telisw37

Pro

I will gladly educate my clueless opponent. Yes David did pray that God was good to him personally. However this is not a description it is personal song/prayer.
So I refute your false claim, I admitted God has goodness, however God given common sense knows, that what was always good for David was very bad for others.
So I say again God is not good. You error again.

I suggest my opponent use Strong's concordance or Lexicon before babbling religion over bible. The bible is not the good book. It is about one man the Alpha of the bible, His family Israel, and their impact of earth. Here a link free.
https://www.google.com...

2896 towb tobe from 2895; good (as an adjective) in the widest sense; used likewise as a noun, both in the masculine and the feminine, the singular and the plural (good, a good or good thing, a good man or woman; the good, goods or gocod things, good men or women), also as an adverb (well):--beautiful, best, better, bountiful, cheerful, at ease, X fair (worwwwd), (be in) favour, fine, glad, good (deed, -lier, -liest, -ly, -ness, -s), graciously, joyful, kindly, kindness, liketh (best), loving, merry, X most, pleasant, + pleaseth, pleasure, precious, prosperity, ready, sweet, wealth, welfare, (be) well ((-favoured)).

So again I stand on the bible does not say God is good. David is grateful for God's personal good fortune towards him not calling God good. So if God means the above words, which is he welfare or is God ready sweet? And the author of prosperity preaching? Or are you a biblically, bible babbling, nothing at all?

So your believe everything you read in the bible? Next round try God given common sense!
And try to babble not!

I am waiting for an intelligent argument. I also question a man's opinions(Of what good is) who killed 200 men and cut off their penis's as a gift to another girlfriend.
Luke 14:26King James Version (KJV)

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I guess you hate your own mother too?

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

This is a waste of time. The Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good. "O give thanks unto the LORD for he is good......." means he is good. I don't even want to dignify my opponents ignorance with any further arguments.

.....if you say there is no God who created all things, life's value certainly is questionable. God values life and especially His creatures which he endowed with free will, reasoning, and creative powers like His because He is good and He enjoys Himself and He enjoys all of His creatures who do what He designed them to do, to enjoy the freedom He gave them honorably, and to give their Creator all of the honor and glory for the life He gave them.

Why should a man complain about the punishment for his sins? God does not willingly afflict or grieve people. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. All who are turned against Him will be turned into the fire of Hell. God is not willing that any shoudl perish, but that all should come to repentance. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Life Means God is Good!!!!! That is why it's value is unquestionable!!! For crying out loud, repent and believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you will be saved from the fire of Hell!! God Himself (Jesus Christ) died in your place to pay for your crimes against Him and rose from the dead so He is just to punish your violations of His holy law with the fire of Hell if you reject His payment for your sins and you refuse His offer of pardon through the blood he paid with for you......God's gift offer is eternal life, salvation from the fire of Hell which we all deserve! Recieve the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour through faith and you will be a child of God and heaven.

Let me know if I can help you pray about this.
telisw37

Pro

I guess my opponent concedes? I still stand saying a great king did not pray to a good god.

I follow Jesus Christ the The Root and Offspring of David. Rev.5:5 Rev.22:16 Jesus Christ never gave more than a word of thanks in public, He always went away alone to pray. So why do you want me to be a hypocrite like you?

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 5:5 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context
And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Matt. 6

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

hyp·o·crite

G2;hipəG6;krit/
noun
noun: hypocrite; plural noun: hypocrites
  1. a person who indulges in hypocrisy.
    synonyms: pretender, dissembler, deceiver, liar, pietist, sanctimonious person, plaster saint;More

http://www.google.com...

http://www.google.com...

I do believe in The God of the Bible, The Alpha of the bible = Adam was is God Himself. So I do declare Christianity is totally false along with 99.9%of all religions. And as I stated Christians are totally biblically ignorant. So I again refute your judgement against me, judging me to hell when not one soul is currently in a burning pit. Not even Satan! Why Christ has not ruled the earth for a thousand years. It is called the millennium, Duh!

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

telisw37

Pro

My opponent offered nothing! I guess a 'good god' leaves my opponnet speachless. Ignorant of the bible he babbles from.

1 Peter 3:15

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I refute your claim that the bible teaches that God is Good, He is great not good. A creator of good must be better than good. So next time try God given common sense.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Con

The Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good. Yes of course He is great. He is also good. His goodness is great. His greatness is good. My opponent uses a lot of words a pictures for confusion.

The above passage speaks of the glorious honour of God's majesty, an of his wondrous works, a reference to His greatness which is good.

I do not understand how my opponent can say the Bible does not say God is good. The examples I have used in this debate are three among hundreds wihich can easily be found in the Bible.

According to the Bible, God is Good.
Posted by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
Told? Try reading for yourself.2 Timothy 2:14-16King James Version (KJV)

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
But we are told God is eternal
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
Jesus cannot come after God as he is not a seperate being but part of God . God is eternal therefore Jesus cannot be a son unless he came after God which means that Jesus is not eternal .
Posted by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
The Bible babber babbled again. Eternal Death is after Christ rules this earth for 1000 years. Wrong again. But LMGIG will just babble on and on.
Posted by YamaVonKarma 3 years ago
YamaVonKarma
... Huh. I'd rather be held accountable for my own crimes then let someone else take the fall. And you don't quite understand my religion.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 3 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
yama, you dont get an afterlife. You either have life now, eternal life, or you have death now, eternal death. You eiter will go to heaven with your sins forgiven or you will be cast away from God, rejected by your own rejection of His offer of pardon for your sin through the price He paid to set you free from death.

Do you have death? if you say no, I say you are fooling yourself. You can't get rid of death, and Yama will lead you straight into the fire of Hell if you don't get saved from it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
if a man has a son, that son is a man. God's Son is God. duh......why is this so hard to understand? Oh yeah, I know, it's because you hate God and you love your sin all the way to death and you don't care about the fire of Hell. Sorry.
Posted by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
Funny thing is that Jesus is not even the son of God as God is eternal . The father has to exist before the son but in this case its impossible therefore the relationship between Jesus and God is simply described as father-son and it is rationally impossible .
Posted by YamaVonKarma 3 years ago
YamaVonKarma
Well.... we believe that after we die, we sit before a judge. That judge decides what afterlife we will be sent to. Some are reincarnated, some are sent to a hell, some are sent to a heaven, and some ascend to godhood. We are held accountable for our own sins. I've not insulted your religion. Insulting another person destroys all of your credibility. Insulting a religion is simply pointless.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you can judge me all you want. My sins are forgiven. God Himself paid for my sins with his own blood in jesus Christ. Is Yama going to pay for your sins? who is gong to pay for your sins? I'll give you one guess if it is not God Himself........who do you think it will be? It won't be me paying for your sins, and you don't care that God Himself took your death to pay for your sins, so do you think God is going to let you not pay for your sins in the fire of Hell, ding dong? Who do you think is going to be your Judge? me? guess again. Could it be your Creator you are rejecting after He took your death so that you could be spared from eternal death in the fire of Hell?
If you hope is some goofy death god, you can be sure all you will get is death, and death is eternal now if you don't have eternal life now. If your death is finalized in your body, then you lose all possiblility of being delievered from death to life by your own choice. Your own words and actions will stand againt you when you face jesus Christ as your Judge if you continue rejecting Him as your Saviour all the way to the fire of Hell. God loves you, He did all He could to save you when He took your death. There is nothing more He can do to save you from the fire of Hell. He loves you and He will let you go your own way preferring Yama over Him if you want to, and you will be cast away from Him forever where Yama belongs, in the burning garbage pit of Hell.
Vote Placed by Preston 3 years ago
Preston
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro insulted Con, But he provided more concrete arguements
Vote Placed by thenewkidd 3 years ago
thenewkidd
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Logical Debate was Logical :) Pro was made his case and clearly stated the exceptions to the rule that was stated by Con. Just because it says God is Good.. doesn't mean he was good "all the time".. which that is what Pro Proved.
Vote Placed by GarretKadeDupre 3 years ago
GarretKadeDupre
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con won the debate with a single Biblical quote calling God good. Pro loses conduct for saying his opponent 'babbles on'. Con get source points for using the Bible as a source correctly.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: God's genocdal & atrocious actions weigh louder than his words. Con, as usual, argues babblingly.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: con couldn't quite fulfill the definition of Good simply by stating the bible says god is good and great...too much babbling.
Vote Placed by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: "This is a waste of time. The Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good. " Yes, it is written that he is good. The bible needs to repeat several times that god is good so you can remember because as presented by Pro, God is not that good to fit the definition of good. Con didn't try to refute Pro's argument, just quoted some bible verses that were not proper rebuttals.
Vote Placed by YamaVonKarma 3 years ago
YamaVonKarma
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: "This is a waste of time. The Bible clearly and repeatedly says God is good. "O give thanks unto the LORD for he is good......." means he is good. I don't even want to dignify my opponents ignorance with any further arguments." I won't be dignifying you with any points, then. Oh and points to Pro for the pwnage served towards the end.
Vote Placed by Saska 3 years ago
Saska
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con just kept quoting the same passages that were nothing more than prayers from people in the bible proclaiming God is good. Individual prayers, as Pro stated, are biased and do not reflect reality. One might see God as good because 'God helped' him win a war, but to the thousands who died in the war and the families of the dead, that God is not good. Pro did a much better job arguing the topic at hand, even if his methods were odd and a bit confusing at times. Con was a roller coaster of "you're not worth my time" and "you're going to burn in hell". Not a great debate, but Pro earned points for arguments and sources.
Vote Placed by Daltonian 3 years ago
Daltonian
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have long thought that the God of the Christian bible was far from "forgiving" or "kind" but I will admit that Pro's reasoning is far from... expectable, and honestly, does seem a bit like babbling mixed in with an odd blend of photographs. Con's reasoning was very expectable, and he didn't really reaffirm his side at all; making only undefiled and simplistic statements that were in no way convincing. Both sides of this debate seemed random in their reasoning, and BOTH sides could have been argued better, so I was unconvinced by either side. However, I will give conduct to Con because of Pro's assaultive stance in round 4. Pro used at least one ref, while Con had none. Con also lacked punctuation, so grammar will go to Pro.
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 3 years ago
Phoenix61397
telisw37LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were confusing and didn't really prove anything. Pro's only truly coherent argument came in the third round, but I feel it wasn't enough to meet his burden. The various pictures were almost entirely useless. Con put several examples forward of how the Bible clearly states that God is good. Pro gets conduct because con spent a few rounds claiming his opponent as ignorant and opposing arguments as useless. Con gets sources as very few of Pro's sources actually proved anything or furthered his claim.