Mante123
twentyseven

God is not almighty or does not exist

twentyseven

Mante123

Pro

God doesn't exist because God is a man made phenomenon. The only proof of God is the bible, but the bible has many condriations. For example "God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works."Gen 6:6"
This means that the bible is not legit proof and its just fiction maby based on some true events. If God is perfectly good, he wants to get rid of the bad. If he also is allmighty he could get rid of all the bad. The bad still exist so god cant be allmighty and all good at the same time. Also if God is almighty he should be able to create an object so big you could not lift it up meaning god is not almighty
twentyseven

Con

I Con believe that the Bible is true and do not contain errors. Pro says that the bible has many contradictions. I disagree ,In his example, Genesis 1:31 says "And God saw everything that he made,and behold, it was very good..". Then Genesis 6:6 says "And it repented the Lord that he made man on the Earth,and it grieved him at his heart."So why would God say this the explanation is in Genesis 6:5 "And God saw that the wickedness of man was widespread in the Earth,and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." There is no contradiction here.Pro just did not read the chapters he says there is a contradiction. Pro also said that God is not almighty because if he was he would not allow "bad"in the world. The reason that there is bad in the world is because man is bad ..God allows free will in the world.It is up to us to decide if we will obey him or not.It would not be fair if God made everyone obey him.
Mante123

Pro

YOU believe that the bible is true, but would you believe in a book full of garbage if people told you its thousands of years old and some random people wrote it ? No, so why would you believe in the bible. There is no proof that almost anything in the bible is true but its been proved by many paradoxes that God is not almighty. ""God," he says, "either wants to eliminate bad things and cannot, or can but does not want to, or neither wishes to nor can, or both wants to and can. If he wants to and cannot, then he is weak " and this does not apply to god. If he can but does not want to, then he is spiteful " which is equally foreign to god"s nature. If he neither wants to nor can, he is both weak and spiteful, and so not a god. If he wants to and can, which is the only thing fitting for a god, where then do bad things come from? " Epicurus fragment 374. You can think anything about something, but if I told you that there is a teapot orbiting the sun somewhere in between of mars and earth its nonsensical for me to think that people would believe me on the grounds that they cannot prove me wrong.
twentyseven

Con

I believe that God allows bad things to happen.Why? Because it helps us,here is a example ...When a doctor operates on you,it may cause temporary pain.But it will help you in the future.Your body will be stronger,instead of weak like it was before the operation. When God allows bad things in your life he is operating on your life,he is trying to make you a stronger person.And after the bad things you will come out stronger and wiser. If you are also saying that God is wrong for allowing death,then I would say you are wrong.God created us and has the right to end us.But he is only ending your physical body and not your soul. You will have a spiritual body after you die.And if you are a believer and saved you will be with God..
Mante123

Pro

You no idea what are bad things. Bad things for example are terrorism, murders, and other things that break the Ten Commandments. And if God is almighty why would he make the ten commandments. And as I already told you in my last argument it does not matter what you believe its about the facts but you don't have any facts.
twentyseven

Con

I want to make sure that it is clear that God does not make evil things happen. But God allows the effects of sin.
Vote Placed by Soldier_4Christ 1 year ago
Soldier_4Christ
Mante123twentysevenTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agreed with con before and after the debate. The conduct and grammar was about the same. There were no sources used either way besides the Bible. Pro asserts a contradiction which is refuted by con. The fact that it is mankind and not God doing the bad things is explained. The debate title implies that pro will provide decisive evidence that God isn't almighty or doesn't even exist. I didn't walk away from this convinced of either.