Thecomeback
AbnerGrimm

God is not real.

Thecomeback

Pro

God is not real. If he was real, one: why would he ask us to worship him? If we are all his children and he loves us all then why do I have to spend my whole life worshiping him? Two: God is supposed to have created everything. that is the worst argument I have ever heard. he made everything perfect just for us, right? no, there are billions of other galaxies that could have been shaped like this. only us humans that trample anything in our path could believe that there is some mystical being that watches me and protects me, because humans are the perfect creature. How did god make the universe? did he sprinkle some magic dust and poof all this up? third, God is a dictator. if you don't worship him, you go to hell. if you don't like him, you go to hell. also, hell and heaven are made up. hell is a combination of what we don't like, and heaven is the opposite. In the end, god is a fake individual who was made up by humans so that they could explain what they didn't know. for example, back then they didn't know how the universe was created, so they made god. right now, I don't exactly how planets were made (this is an example), so I make the zuly. he is the creator of everything I do not understand, and I should worship him all the time, or he will give me bad luck.

This argument was finished before man made up God, and I Won it.
AbnerGrimm

Con

I accept this debate. Thank you Pro. Pro says that God is not real and that leaves him with the full burden. All I must do is show that God can be real. Pro asks, "

If he was real, one: why would he ask us to worship him?" I will contend that humans seek to celebrate and since God is worthy of worship, we should celebrate Him. I will contend that wirshipping God is the right thing and Him telling us to worship Him is the right thing. Pro must show that God could not have created everything which will be sucessful if he proves God cannot be real. I will also contend that God made everything for His pleasure and not for humans. I will also contend that humans are not perfect. I will offer reason why we can believe why God created the universe.

The resolution is: God is not real.

I will offer some definitions of the God we are talking about and what real means.

God- the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Real- not artificial, fraudulent, or illusory.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Burden of proof:

Pro has the Burden of proof because he has made the claim. Pro must show why God is not real. Con only needs to show that God is real or atleast most plausable. The most convincing argument should prevail.

Rules:

1) Pro must defend their position.

2) You must have sources for all claims.

3) Con must defend his warrants or rebuttal Pros

5) All rules and definitions must be followed

Rounds:

1. Round one is for acceptance.

2. Pro and Con present their arguments. Con can simply rebuttal Pro.

3. Additional arguments and rebuttals by both.

4. Rebuttals only

5. Final rebuttals and conclusion

I thank Pro for starting this debate and send it back to him.

Thecomeback

Pro

Debate was not meant to be, sorry about this con. My friend was at my house when he decided to go and go onto my debate account.
AbnerGrimm

Con

Thank you for your concession Pro. I appreciate Pros dilemma but I entered this debate with full intention for a long drawn out debate. Since I do not have to provide a through argument since I am Con. I will provide four contentions why people believe in God. These reasons are logical evidence on why and how God exist.

My first contention is the Ontological Argument.

This argument is the concept of a maximally great being is consistent and hence possibly instantiated, it follows that such a being exists in every possible world. Here is a representation of the argument:

1. The concept of a maximally great being is self-consistent.

2. If 1, then there is at least one logically possible world in which a maximally great being exists.

3. Therefore, there is at least one logically possible world in which a maximally great being exists.

4. If a maximally great being exists in one logically possible world, it exists in every logically possible world.

5. Therefore, a maximally great being (that is, God) exists in every logically possible world.

AxS5: If A is possible, then it is necessarily true that A is possible.

The intuition underlying AxS5 is that "all propositions bear their modal status necessarily."

http://www.iep.utm.edu...

My second contention is the Cosmological Argument. Otherwise known as the Kalam argument.

William Lane Craig formulates the kalām cosmological argument this way:

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause of its existence.

2. The universe began to exist.

3. Therefore, the universe has a cause of its existence.

4. Since no scientific explanation (in terms of physical laws) can provide a causal account of the origin of the universe, the cause must be personal (explanation is given in terms of a personal agent).

5. An actual infinite cannot exist. A beginningless temporal series of events is an actual infinite. Therefore, a beginningless temporal series of events cannot exist.

6. If something has a finite past, its existence has a cause. The universe has a finite past. Therefore, the universe has a cause of its existence.

7. Since space-time originated with the universe and therefore similarly has a finite past, the cause of the universe's existence must transcend space-time (must have existed aspatially and, when there was no universe, atemporally).

8. If the cause of the universe's existence transcends space-time, no scientific explanation (in terms of physical laws) can provide a causal account of the origin of the universe. If no scientific explanation can provide a causal account of the origin of the universe, the cause must be personal (explanation is given in terms of a personal agent).

http://plato.stanford.edu...

My third contention is the Teleological Argument.

Schema 1

1. Entity e within nature (or the cosmos, or nature itself) is like specified human artifact a (e.g., a machine) in relevant respects R.

2. a has R precisely because it is a product of deliberate design by intelligent human agency.

3. Like effects typically have like causes (or like explanations, like existence requirements, etc.)

4. Therefore It is (highly) probable that e has R precisely because it too is a product of deliberate design by intelligent, relevantly human-like agency.

5. Some things in nature (or nature itself, the cosmos) are design-like (exhibit a cognition-resonating, intention-shaped character R)

6. Design-like properties (R) are not producible by (unguided) natural means—i.e., any phenomenon exhibiting such Rs must be a product of intentional design.

7. Therefore Some things in nature (or nature itself, the cosmos) are products of intentional design. And of course, the capacity for intentional design requires agency of some type.

http://plato.stanford.edu...

My fourth contention is the Moral argument.

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.

2. Objective moral values and duties do exist.

3. Therefore, God exists.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org...

I offered contentions even though I did not have too. Pro concedes so far. Until he offers a argument and addresses mine I should win.

Thecomeback

Pro

Thecomeback forfeited this round.
AbnerGrimm

Con

Arguments extended.
Thecomeback

Pro

Thecomeback forfeited this round.
AbnerGrimm

Con

AbnerGrimm forfeited this round.
Thecomeback

Pro

Thecomeback forfeited this round.
AbnerGrimm

Con

AbnerGrimm forfeited this round.
Posted by Jboughey 3 years ago
Jboughey
It doesn't matter whether people think he's real or not. They will all find that he's as real as you and me. His word is you and me. All of the non-believers WILL convert no questions asked one day when judgement comes.
Posted by O.Z 3 years ago
O.Z
.........I think one of these guys might be an Athiest....
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
I don't think this is an argument of whether or not God is real so much as it is that a certain, particular, specific kind of God you heard about somewhere isn't real. If you can figure out which belief system the definitions you implied represents, then perhaps you'll have better luck in finding someone to debate with you.