silvertechfilms
ufcryan

God is not real.

silvertechfilms

Pro

God doesn't exist.
ufcryan

Con

Thank you silvertechfilms for starting this debate, I hope to find this constructive.

I am going to start by saying that I am actually agnostic over God's existence, but I lean towards the probability that he exists.

I am agnostic because I argue that we cannot logically or empirically prove God nor can we logically or empirically disprove God. So I ask my opponent, what evidence do you have that disproves his existence so extensively that you can most certainly say that he/she/it doesn't exist?

Also, what definition of God are we arguing over?
silvertechfilms

Pro

Then why did you accept this debate?
ufcryan

Con

Please see the comments for my explanation of why I accepted this debate.

Otherwise, you as the instigator have the burden of proof. What evidence do you have to disprove God's existence?

What definition of God are we arguing over?

I propose two definitions,

Theistics God: An infinite being who is

All Powerful
All Knowing
All Good

Deistic God: An infinite being who is

All Powerful
All Knowing
silvertechfilms

Pro

Lying out that fact was unnecessary about not wanting to debate an Agnostic.
ufcryan

Con

So your not going to justify why you claim God doesn't exist? Can you justify it or is it a blind belief? Additionally, did you just start this debate to poke fun at theists for believing in an ultimate being?
silvertechfilms

Pro

If you cannot justify of something being real, the chances is that it isn't.
ufcryan

Con

Well people have justified why it is God is likely to be real, mainly from applying the Grand Design of the Universe, or that our universe could not order itself as it does by simple chance.

Next, and the reason I'm agnostic, is that there is absolutely no scientific evidence absolutely disproving the existence of a grand creator. Some have argued that some actually proves the likelihood, such as the fact that life exists despite our bodies defying the second law of thermodynamics. Additionally, one day we may come across some scientific fact that proves its existence.

Next, your very argument works both ways. You cannot disprove God's existence, so you have no right to rationally claim its non-existence, just like if you cannot prove God's existence so no one has the right to rationally claim God most certainly exists.

This is why most atheists I've debated with argued with do not claim God does not exist, but they disbelieve the evidence that God is likely to exist. However even they recognize it is erroneous to blatantly claim God does not exist.

This is all, of course, arguing over existence when philosophically we have no clear idea exactly what it means for something to exist, nor have we argued over the definition of what it means to prove existence, which can get quite cumbersome and abstract.
silvertechfilms

Pro

silvertechfilms forfeited this round.
ufcryan

Con

Since my opponent forfeited the 5th round, I will end with my comments from the 4th round. Thank you silvertechfilms for starting this debate.
Posted by ufcryan 3 years ago
ufcryan
I accepted this debate because I believe it is as just as fallacious to positively state that God does not exist as it is to say God definitely exists.

Additionally, you did not verify that an Agnostic could not debate with you.