silvertechfilms
KingDebater

God is not real.

KingDebater

silvertechfilms

Pro

When people say, "I'd like to thank god for helping me win this award."
Okay, what did he do rig the election? Mind control people? Eliminate the competition? and besides, why instead of helping people that ACTUALLY NEED IT, would he help you win an award?!
KingDebater

Con

Introduction
I'm playing the devil's advocate.

Doing more than one thing at once.

I, like pretty much everything, can multitask. I can eat a sandwich and wear my favourite top at the same time. But like everything, there are things that are better at multitasking than I am. Perhaps there's a guy who can eat a sandwich, whack something with a stick and wear his favourite top all at the same time.
God is this guy who is pretty much perfect. I'm sure he can do a gajillion things all at once, like help a guy win and do more important stuff at the same time.

When people say he helped them win something or other, they mean that he helped them have the courage/confidence/strength to do whatever they did.

But hang on, how do we know he's really there?

Every time something happens, there is a reason why that thing happened and a different thing didn't. That sheep died because his vital organs were squished by the fat cow who sat on him, and he can't live if they're not in mint condition. Now, use this example when talking about the beginning of everything. Unless there is some eternal being that intervened, how can anything happen? Could something have come from nothing? No, because if it did, there would be no reason why that happened and another thing didn't come into existence instead. So, Mr. G exists.

End of my round

I've been KingDebater, thank you and see you in the next round.

silvertechfilms

Pro

Obviously everything happens, everything life forms do happen for a reason, because you decided to do something. None of this proves an existence of any sort of deity.
KingDebater

Con

Pro just conceded. He failed to mention one argument completely and with the one that he did mention, he basically just said "No, that's wrong" and gave no argument support his assertion.

I extend all arguments, and expect Pro to give some kind of rebuttal to my arguments in the next round. Or, he could just fully concede.

I thank you.
silvertechfilms

Pro

silvertechfilms forfeited this round.
KingDebater

Con

Extend all arguments.
silvertechfilms

Pro

silvertechfilms forfeited this round.
KingDebater

Con

Extend all arguments.
silvertechfilms

Pro

silvertechfilms forfeited this round.
KingDebater

Con

KingDebater kicks butt again.
Posted by PBJS 3 years ago
PBJS
Religion is a way that people try to answer a question beyond comprehensiblility, the universe is free will and there is no logical proof that God exists.
Isn't believing in god like believing luck will help you?
Posted by O.Z 3 years ago
O.Z
I'm pretty sure God didn't help the dud with anything. If God gives us the choice of free will, he wouldn't interfere directly with anything, because that would just be unfair. It would make more sense if you thanked God for having things go your way. Also, seriously Pro, this is what bothers you about God?
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
silvertechfilmsKingDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty open and shut debate here.