wolfassasin347
TranquilSpirit

God is not real.

TranquilSpirit

wolfassasin347

Pro

Well my problem with God is that there is no real evidence. No one has proven him to me, and the facts show that he is impossible. Even if he were real he is evil and horrible, which is one of the reasons i believe he cannot exist. The contradiction in the bible is that God is all good, were as he goes around and murders people which (at least in my opinion, and hopefully most others) is not good. My big question though is why did he choose to only "reveal" himself to the a sector of the middle east, on 1 of 8 planets around the sun to one sun in the galaxy to one galaxy in the universe. It seems odd that he'd not choose to at least reveal himself to the whole world not just a few people.
Watch darkmatter's video for a more in depth argument about this: https://www.youtube.com....
TranquilSpirit

Con

Your argument here, is complete fallacy.

Fallacy - A mistaken belief, especially one based on unsound argument

You claim that God doesn't exist, because there is no evidence to support Him. This is fallacy, because I can make the same, yet opposite claim. God is real, because there is no evidence to refute Him. Your argument is based solely on opinion, and not fact. There are no facts that say that God doesn't exist. Not one scientific equation says that God doesn't exist. Science seems to negate the story of creation in the Bible, but that really isn't the case. However, that's a much deeper argument, and for now, I'm going to keep it simple.

God is good. If He weren't, you, I, or anyone else would be here. Why would you think that God is evil? God doesn't go around killing people, hurting people, letting people starve, etc.. People do. Not God, people. We must understand that God and religion, are no means the same thing. Man created religion, not God. Since the dawn of intelligent thinking, man has felt something greater than himself in the universe. It's man's interpretation of God that we have religion. Through this, we have come to have many religions and philosophies across the planet. Even some scientists, who don't believe in God, are coming to believe in intelligent design.

I have Faith in God and His existence. You have faith that God doesn't exist. These are simply beliefs with no evidence to prove either way. We will not know the truth until our time is up on this beautiful planet. Which is why we should just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Telling someone they are wrong, or trying to prove someone wrong when there is no evidence to prove so, is wasting time. Why can't we just accept everyone's right to their own beliefs? If they aren't hurting anyone, then what is the problem?
wolfassasin347

Pro

Yeah i totally agree with the last paragraph, if that was the case. Religion has caused so many to kill hurt discriminate, for no other reason other than their religion. Then they use their religion to say it's ok because god told them to. Plus your statement that god never kills or hurts people is incorrect. Genesis 6:9-9:17 is about how god flooded the earth because they did not believe in him, and he saved a drunk and his family. My first problem with that is that he commits genocide of many different races, secondly he does it because he has not given evidence for himself. Exodus 7:14-11:10 is about the plagues of Egypt, 2 of which stand out to me, the first is the 8th plague where god sends locust to destroy all the crops of Egypt therefore leaving the people to starve. The second is the 10th were god orders all first born sons (some of which would have been under the ages of 10) to be murdered. You may say that it is because he wanted the slaves to be freed but murdering innocent children is evil beyond comparison. Also sending someone to hell, for not believing in a God without proof, to burn for eternity is really harsh.

I guess you are right there is no evidence for or against god so people can believe in what they want. The argument should really be that God is evil and causes destruction and was only made up so that we could justify the horrible things we do.
TranquilSpirit

Con

My friend, did you even read my argument? I said that man created religion, not God. Where, in my post, did I say that I was a Christian? So first off, quit making assumptions about me. Did I also not say that there are many religions and philosophies of the world? You are focusing on one religion as your argument, and not religion as a whole as your argument. There are many monotheistic religions of the world who believe in God, not just Christianity.

Faith is defined as - complete trust or confidence in someone or something

I have faith that God exists. You have faith that God doesn't exist. The way we come to believe, or not believe in God, is through one's own perception of the universe, and creation. To say that God doesn't exist because there is no evidence for Him, is the exact same as me saying that God does exist because there is no evidence to refute Him. The argument it's self could go on forever, and no one would win. Your headline says that God is not real. This is merely a belief. Nothing more, nothing less.
wolfassasin347

Pro

wolfassasin347 forfeited this round.
TranquilSpirit

Con

Before you claim that God doesn't exist, do some soul searching. Open you heart the possibility of God, and how you may benefit from God. To an atheist, it may seem far fetched. However, we should always keep our minds open to new things. Of course there are things that logical thinking may not need to even ponder on, but the existence is God shouldn't be just thrown away because of what the Bible says or what science says. Get in touch with nature. Take a hike, get surrounded by nature for awhile. Talk to nature, and open you heart to God. You may find more than you were looking for.
Posted by CreationGuy 11 months ago
CreationGuy
@Wolfassasin347
If you read the first chapter of exodus, what did pharaoh do to the babies that were boys? They were thrown into the Nile. God is not evil,man is evil. You said that there's no real evidence for God? Look around you. He has given Creation as his testimony but some people want to exchanged the truth for a lie like Evolution (Romans1:18-22). Some people are willingly ignorant of the Creation,the Flood,and Coming Judgement (2Peter3:3-7). Now if you don't really believe in God, I would asked you if you know everything? You would probably say no. If i asked you, do you know half of everything? You would probably say maybe or yes . I would then asked you if God could exist in the other half you don't know. Another example would be if we came to the beach and found an ink pen with no tracts and no traced of anything,what be the right conclusion? That it evolved from a rock 4.6 billions of years ago or an intelligent designer designed it and put it there?
Posted by CreationGuy 11 months ago
CreationGuy
@ wolfassasin347
God didn't flood the earth because people didn't believe in him, he flooded it because of their sin and wickedness (Genesis6:5-8).
Posted by TranquilSpirit 11 months ago
TranquilSpirit
I was simply using that as an example to show that his view was fallacy, because it can go either way. Your belief that God doesn't exist is based on faith with no facts. That's what I'm trying to show here. This argument is completely void as God cannot be proven or disproven.
Posted by Trisgav 11 months ago
Trisgav
I believe it's worth noting that since TranquilSpirt wants to bring in logical fallacies that the fallacy known as "Burden of Proof" is stated. While you could say "Well he can't prove he's NOT real," that's just ludicrous, the existence of a deity such as God is based on faith with no facts. So therefore, you have to assert facts and science proving a deities existence. I can't prove that unicorns don't exist because they are by nature, nonexistent. Same applies to a Derfalerble, a 3 headed goat with a raccoon's tail.
Vote Placed by lannan13 10 months ago
lannan13
wolfassasin347TranquilSpiritTied
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
wolfassasin347TranquilSpiritTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.