God is not real

Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point

I challenge you to a debate ;)

You go first and I will debunk your arguments.

It's hard for me to believe in something that has so many contradictions. Did you know that's Gods own definition contradicts itself? The definition of God in the Christian Bible is that he is
1.Super natural
I'll start off with the first one. Now, being supernatural means you are inmaterial, which means it can't be tested as in science you can only test material things. With that said, you couldn't prove for a supernatural being to be right or wrong since you can not test it. With that said, you say God is the higher power, while I say Zeus, and another one says a flying spaghetti monster. As ridiculous as that sounds, you can't prove one to be more right or wrong than any other one, therefore all 3 answers are equally valid.
The second one is God is Omnibenevolent or all good. Now let's use examples of horrible things: War, disease, natural disasters, almost anything bad you can think of. Now, do you think that is the work of God, or the devil? If you said God, that proves you disagree in the defintion of God. If you said it's the devil, you are also wrong. God says In Isaiah 45:7 KJV, "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things". He says himself he creates evil, proving he is not all good, contradicting his own definition.
The next one is Omnipotent or all powerful. Now here's a question in which you've most likely heard before but stands true and proves my point. Can God create a boulder so big even he himself could not lift it? If you say God can, that proves he is not Omnipotent since he is not powerful enough to lift the Boulder, and if you say God can't them that proves he is not omnipotent as he could not create a boulder so big.
The last part of this definition is he is Omniscient or all knowing. If God knew everything, then he would know what you need or what you want, and therefore there should be no reason to pray for it.

You can not test if God exists BUT, there is some evidence and proof of his existence. [God of the gaps argument insert here] [God's prediction of the rise and fall Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome]. Something you can't test with science, does not disprove it. Aliens can exist BUT, you can not test that. The origin of humans is from a theory and evidence in our world doesn't 100% support evolution. God allows evil in the world because of free will and letting us choose our destiny. God does not want us sinning but, humans choose to sin against GOD. War, disease,natural disasters, etc. are not made by God's doing... IT IS SATAN'S. Satan managed to trick Eve and Adam to sin thus causing creating evil. Sin brings along greed, lust, pride, gluttony, envy, sloth, and wrath. Another evidence that supports God is just and good is that he punishes Satan, Adam, and Eve for their sin. During Noah's time, almost all humans were evil and God was sorry for ever making humans. If God is not Omnibenevolent, why would he kill of his evil creations and save the good creations. He is all powerful and can probablly just make the boulder disappear.
There is no need to pray because he knows everything but, praying connects you with God more.

I never said science disproves God, I'm just saying it can't prove it either, just like it can't disprove the Easter bunny, flying spagetti monster, aliens like you said, or anything else supernatural. You talk about times God predicted something, I mean of course he predicted it, he's omniscient isn't he? You found that in the bible, and you know what's also in the bible? That the Earth is flat. In the bible they say the Earth is round, And every time they use round elsewhere in the bible they use it for a wheel, etc. round is not the same as a sphere. Also, it talks about how a tree from the center of the Earth will reach the heavens that everyone else on Earth could see it. Obviously, this is impossible if they were talking about a spherical earth, and they most have believed the earth was flat.
Speaking of the bible, no where in the bible does it say we have free will. It says multiple times we are predetermined. That means every time God is "testing" us, he would already know what we would do and act, so their is no point in testing us.
God doesn't allow evil, he creates it. He said so himself. If it is the devil and satans work, why doesn't he stop him? He is all powerful, he is omnipotent. Either he can't help us, so he's not omnipotent, or he chooses not to, so he's not Omnibenevolent.
You said God killed all the evil creations and saved the Good ones. Why then, is it that he killed entire villages? It's hard to believe that everyone in that village was evil, what about the children and small/unborn babies? What about when everyone died of a great flood except for Noah and his crew? It's hard for me to believe everyone on the Earth at that time was evil.
"He is all powerful and can probably just make the Boulder disappear". He's omnipotent, which means all powerful like I told you, so yes he could make it disappear. However, you said he could probably make it disappear, meaning you think he could creat a boulder big enough he could lift it, meaning he is not truly omnipotent.

"I never said science disproves God, I'm just saying it can't prove it either, just like it can't disprove the Easter bunny, flying spagetti monster, aliens like you said, or anything else supernatural."

But you can actually see people hiding the easter eggs so.......yeah. MAYBE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS DO EXIST.

"You found that in the bible, and you know what's also in the bible? That the Earth is flat."

I have read the bible many times and the bible never said the earth is flat. If you are going to quote a bible then, at least say where it is.

"Also, it talks about how a tree from the center of the Earth will reach the heavens that everyone else on Earth could see it."

1.If you are going to quote a bible then, at least say where it is.
2.It could just be figurative language

The children and small unborn babies would receive eternal happiness with god in heaven. The life on earth is not really important but merely to set us up for our place in heaven.

One of the most haunting questions we face concerns the problem of evil. Why is there evil in the world if there is a God? Why isn"t He doing something about it? Many assume that the existence of evil disproves the existence of God.

Sometimes the problem of evil is put to the Christian in the form of a complex question, "If God is good, then He must not be powerful enough to deal with all the evil and injustice in the world since it is still going on. If He is powerful enough to stop wrongdoing, then He Himself must be an evil God since He"s not doing anything about it even though He has the capability. So which is it? Is He a bad God or a God that"s not all powerful?" Even the biblical writers complained about pain and evil. "Evils have encompassed me without number" (Psalm 40:12, RSV). "Why is my pain unceasing, my wound incurable, refusing to be healed?" (Jeremiah 15:18, RSV). "The whole creation has been groaning in travail together until now" (Romans 8:22, RSV). Thus we readily admit that evil is a problem and we also admit that if God created the world the way it is today, He would not be a God of love, but rather an evil God.

However the Scriptures make it plain that God did not create the world in the state in which it is now, but evil came as a result of the selfishness of man. The Bible says that God is a God of love and He desired to create a person and eventually a race that would love Him. But genuine love cannot exist unless freely given through free choice and will, and thus man was given the choice to accept God"s love or to reject it. This choice made the possibility of evil become very real. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they did not choose something God created, but, by. their choice, they brought evil into the world. God is neither evil nor did He create evil. Man brought evil upon himself by selfishly choosing his own way apart from God"s way.

Because of the Fall, the world now is abnormal. Things are not in the state that they should be in. Man, as a result of the Fall, has been separated from God. Nature is not always kind to man and the animal world can also be his enemy. There is conflict between man and his fellowman. None of these conditions were true before the Fall. Any solution that might be given to the problems mankind faces must take into consideration that the world as it stands now is not normal.

Although evil is here and it is real, it is also temporary. Evil will eventually be destroyed. This is the hope that the believer has. There is a new world coming in which there will be no more tears or pain because all things will be made new (Revelation 21:5). Paradise lost will be paradise regained. God will right every wrong and put away evil once for all, in His time.

If God created all things, He must have created evil. However, evil is not a 'thing' like a rock or a puppy. Just as cold is the absence of heat, evil is merely the absence of good. Therefore, creating good was all that was necessary for its opposite to come into being. Although God's creation was good, He put in it two humans with volition, the choice to obey or rebel. Sadly, they chose the latter. Just as Lucifer rebelled against His perfect Creator in the perfect heaven, so Adam and Eve chose to rebel against Him and evil was born out of that rebellion. God did not create evil... but humans did.

Christians have a justification for fighting evil, immorality and corruption. The world was not designed with evil in mind and the believer has a real basis for fighting social ills. He is not following the belief that whatever is, is right. The Christian does not condone wrongdoing by claiming it is God"s world, neither does he assume that everything that happens is agreed to by God. God does not desire evil nor does he ever condone it. He hates evil, and the Christian also is not only to despise evil, he is obligated to do something about it. Even though sin is real, it is not something that the believer accepts as the way things ought to be. By identifying with Jesus, the believer has a duty to call things wrong that are wrong and to speak out when evil is overtaking good. The Christian is not fighting against God by fighting social problems. Natural disasters, crime, and mental retardation should not be the accepted order of things, because they were never meant to be and they will not be in God"s future kingdom.

However, some people are still bothered that God even allows evil in the first place. They question His wisdom in giving man a choice in the matter. Dorothy Sayers put the problem of evil in the proper perspective: "For whatever reason God chose to make man as he is" limited and suffering and subject to sorrows and death"He had the honesty and the courage to take His own medicine. Whatever game He is playing with His creation, He has kept His own rules and played fair. He can exact nothing from man that He has not exacted from Himself. He has Himself gone through the whole of human experience, from the trivial irritations of family life and the cramping restrictions of hard work and lack of money to the worst horrors of pain and humiliation, defeat, despair and death. When He was a man, He played the man. He was born in poverty and died in disgrace and thought it well worthwhile" (Dorothy Sayers, Creed or Chaos? New York, Harcourt Brace, 1949, p. 4).

The Bible tells us that God"s purposes are sometimes beyond our understanding. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8, 9, NASB). Paul, in a similar vein, wrote to the church at Rome, "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How un"searchable are His judgments and un"fathomable His ways" (Romans 11:33, NASB).

Although the Bible informs us how and why evil came about, it does not tell us why God allowed it to happen. However, we do know that God is all-wise and all-knowing and that He has reasons for allowing things to happen that are beyond our comprehension
This is why there is evil in the world. Why did God not simply make us so that we could not be sinful? This is the question of free will. Without free will, we would be God's puppets. We could not truly love God. Because He desired to have a real relationship with us " one that involves choice " He had to allow for evil to exist.

We may say that God could still give us free will while at the same time preventing the consequences of evil. This becomes a question of degrees. We may want God to intervene in the case of murder or rape. But do we want God to intervene in the case of our own idolatry? Sin is not graded on a sliding scale. All sin is an offense to God, and it all separates us from Him equally. An unsaved person whose worst sin is that of gossip is just as unsaved as a nonbeliever who is a serial killer. If God were

Just because a person hides eggs does not mean their can't be a Easter bunny. Just because you've never seen him do it physically with your own eyes right in front of you doesn't mean he's nerer done it, I mean that is your belief on God and his works isn't it? Haha
When I said the earth is flat, I'm aware that they never said it was. I'm saying that if you read the bible, which you've afmitted you've done several times, you can come to the conclussion they believe it is.
I apologize for not giving the bible verse. It's Daniel 4:11, and to make up for not giving the verse earlier I will say it here(you may go and look it up if you'd like, I'll be reading the new living translation),"The tree grew very tall and strong, reaching high into the heavens for all the world to see".
What proof do you have that they would go into heaven?
You said evil is the absence of good, and God didn't create it, yet he himself said he created evil(look back at my first round argument Isaiah 45:7 KJV)
You said man chose to not do God's will and chose to sin. Like I stated before, where in the bible does it state we have free will? It's states we are predetermined, but no where free will. If I'm wrong, please correct me, as you said yourself you've read the bible several times and should be able to prove or disprove my claim.
Your verse, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts..." In Isaiah 55:8 is just an excuse for God to do horrific things and make them acceptable, like murdering the villages. Besides, while his "thoughts" are so much higher than ours, he sure did think like a man back in those days. Women were subjected to excile while menstratting and forced to wash as if they were diseased. He deemed it an abomination. That means God didn't understand something as simple as a women's period, the same thing men didn't understand back in those days. Also, back to the babies, why is it God specially calls for the murder of babies and unborn children? Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God.
They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.
What's your excuse to that? Maybe it's because those children are the reproduction of those sinners, therefore they are apart of those sinners. With that said, you should support abortion if it was done by a rapist, since the rapist is a sinner and the baby will be the result of him. You would also support abortion if done by a couple that was not married, or even a meaningless hook up that ended up with one getting knocked up. This is a sin, as they had sex before marriage, therefore the baby would be the result of sinners so you would support the murdering of the baby. Do you agree with abortion? You shouldn't, that's not the Christian thing to believe and support. However, that's basically what you are saying by supporting God killing the villages and innocent people. Why is it that God allows rape and slavery?
Give me one knowledgeable thing God said in the bible that couldn't be solved by a common man back then(and the fall of those empires you listed above could of been predicted by a man, that's only a matter of time thing).

Does Time exist? Can we physically observe time? We can only see the effects of time....right. Does science support that time exists? Since God is disproved because of the fact that God can not be physically observed, then time should not exist.

In Daniel 4:11, figurative language was used. Some people say skyscrapers "touch" the sky but they do not think the earth is flat...

Some proof of heaven in the bible:
Matthew 5:12

Luke 6:23

Revelation 22:12

Hebrews 11:26

Matthew 16:27

Daniel 12:3

Matthew 25:20-23

Luke 19:15-19

1 Corinthians 3:8

2 Corinthians 9:6

Matthew 5:10-12

Luke 6:22-23

1 Peter 5:4

1 Thessalonians 2:19

2 Timothy 4:8

Ephesians 2:6

Philippians 3:20-21

1 Corinthians 15:42-44

2 Corinthians 5:1-4

I will now use scientific proof:
Many scientists are convinced that our universe began with one enormous explosion of energy and light known as the Big Bang. This was the start to everything that exists: the beginning of the universe, the start of space, and even the initial start of time itself.
Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."
Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."
The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter. In Genesis 1:3, God said"Let there be light". This is a logical explanation for the Big Bang.

God accidentally created evil by creating us humans in a chain reaction. Should Hitler's parents be blamed for the holocaust?

Life on earth is not important, if the children killed was innocent, then heaven will be given to them.

We created time to make it easier to explain when things will occur and date what has already,is, or will happen. We created God to make it easier to explain phenomenons science can't explain like "miracles" (for when they can explain them, what happens to God) and what happens after death.

Daniel 4:11 could be figurative speech, but I doubt it. The reason I doubt it is because Christians actually believe Jesus changes the bread into the body and the wine into blood. It's called transubstantiation. Here's the definition:
Transubstantiation (in Latin, transsubstantiatio, in Greek _6;^9;`4;_9;`5;`3;^3;`9;`3;_3;`2; metousiosis) is the change whereby, according to the teaching of the Catholic Church, the bread and the wine used in the sacrament of the Eucharist become, not merely as by a sign or a figure, but also in actual reality the body and blood of Christ.
You see? "...not merely as by a sign or a figure, but also in reality the body and blood of Christ"
That's illogical! If I were to take crackers, say a few Latin phrases over them, then Jesus's ACTUAL blood and ACTUAL body are suppose to appear? And we're suppose to eat it!?!? Looks like the bible encourages cannibalism too! That also proves my point that Daniel 4:11 is not figurative like you insisted, but they mean it literally just like with the bread and wine. Proving the bible says the Earth is flat.

I like how you went from saying God doesn't creat evil as evil is the absent of good, to agreeing with me, but by now saying he "accidently" did it. He seemed pretty proud of himself and wasn't afraid to say it in Isaiah 45:7.

For your thoughts on God creating the Big Bang:
For many "God caused the big bang" is a perfectly reasonable response. This seems to help many cope with the unsatisfying prospect of an event without a cause.

The problem of course is that one is then immediately forced to ask, "From where did the creator come?"

If the answer is "he always existed" then we have a situation, from a causality standpoint, that is no more satisfying than a universe that springs forth from nothing. A creator that has always existed is an entity that somehow exists without a cause.

So this answer doesn't solve the causality issue whatsoever.

Also, here insist it wasn't an actual "bang"

The Big Bang is not an explosion of matter moving outward to fill an empty universe. Instead, space itself expandswith time everywhere and increases the physical distance between two comoving points. In other words, the Big Bang is not an explosion in space, but rather an expansion of space.[4]

Okay, so there is scriptures in the bible that "prove" there is a heaven. Big deal. A book about HEAVEN should have scriptures about HEAVEN. This doesn't surprise me or interest me the slightest, as neither you nor I have been to heaven, and those people could not understand the complexity of heaven as they couldn't understand something as simple as a women's period.

SPEAKING of that you ignored a few of my questions and points.
1.why is it God didn't understand a women's period, as he called it an abomination and told them to wash as if they were diseased? Is it because the people back then didn't understand it? I believe so...
2. Why does the bible have instances where God encouraged rape and slavery? Doesn't seem so omnibenevolent after all... But I already proved that in my first round!
3. What is one knowledgable thing in the bible that couldn't be solved by a common man back then, let alone today? No answer? Didn't think so.
4.You often talk about free will, but it never says that in the bible. It only talks about predetermination. Therefore people going against their will to choose not to follow God is false If we look at the bible as we have no free will!
You failed to address these points even though I asked you to.
One point you address is the Hosea 13:16 verse with the children. You are saying if the children are innocent,then life doesn't matter and they will have eternity in heaven. Get this through your head:
and if I had to spend an eternity with the person who demanded I'd be killed, I would rather choose not to.

By the way, thanks for the advice, but I think I did a fine job using it, and I'll continue to use it in other debates as it proves my points as much or more than yours. :)
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
Remind me to vote on this tomorrow.
Posted by Imagine300 1 year ago
It's stated in Genesis 2:7 that man was created in the image of God. In this case, it obviously did not mean blood and flesh since God is spirit. It meant that man resembled or had a likeness to God.

The resemblance being morally, mentally and socially. Well, I just call it mind, emotion and will.
Posted by Imagine300 1 year ago
"why would he kill of his evil creations and save the good creations. " iIf God were all-loving, well, He IS love, why would he kill off his creations?
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
Ignore the "Re:" part of my comment. I thought it was Doc's for some dumb reason. Sorry, Doc and DrewMcD.
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
DocPenguin, I actually intended that as a question and I thought, apparently erroneously, that the conclusion would be unanimous. So, to be certain that we're clear, if I created a robot and that robot killed someone, you would hold me in absolutely no way responsible for the person's death?

Your second point "...God sent him to hell to be tortured there."; do you think that *torture* is evil? I would certainly hope so. Then guess what God did by your description! And even if God didn't directly create evil (ignoring he created Satan), he chooses to allow it to exist when he can easily stop it, thus claiming responsibility.

re: your next comment
Well, according to the bible God created man. I don't know if it mentions free will for certain, but I was stating that to preempt that possible argument. If you don't believe that the bible is true (which would be required to deny he created Man), then why are you citing it regarding Satan?
Posted by DrewMcD 1 year ago
No where in the bible does it say we have free will. God didn't creat man, we came to be by evolution.
Posted by DocPenguin 1 year ago
Chaosism you just proved my point by clearly stating that if you created a robot and it killed someone then it would be the robot's fault. God gives us freewill, but we have free choice of the tests he gives us, evil comes in when we choose the wrong decision. God didn't create evil, necessarily\, in the bible it says that Satan was one of God's most trusted angels, but Satan felt envy against God, so God sent him to hell to be tortured there. But, Satan found his way back to Earth and God has to give us tests so he can determine our fate.
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
But God created Man, right? If I made a robot and it killed someone, then it's the robots fault, and not mine? You can argue that the robot lacks free will, but that's irrelevant, since God is also responsible for creating Man's free will.
Posted by DocPenguin 1 year ago
I just want to say that the Contender is clearly stating if God is all good then way are there disease, hunger and other things. Here is the answer, the bad things are not done by the work of God it done by the work of man. Therefore, it is not God's fault it is man's own fault.
Posted by Bible2000 1 year ago
There certainly is evidence for the true God of the Bible, Jehovah:
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Sources go to Pro in this debate for being the only one to use outside sources. In this debate you need to bring up outside sources even if you are the Christian, because you're opponent is probably not going to accept the Bible as a source. Conduct was a tie as it was terrible across the board. Spelling goes to Pro due to several of Con's gramatical errors. Arguments to Pro as Con practically just threw Bible verses and such at Pro without making much of an attempt to refute much of what Pro said outside of Round 3. Thus the debate goes to Pro.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: 1. Conduct was pretty similarly mediocre to poor on both Con and Pro 2. Spelling and grammar also too close to call any significant difference 3. Sources I give to Pro for bringing in the only sources beside the Bible, which was presented by both sides. 4. Arguments I will grade round by round after round 1 simply because Con did not argue round 1. a. Round 2: I give this round to Pro. Con's effort and arguments were lesser to Pro's. b. Round 3: This round Con stepped it up. I give this round to Con for adequately answering the call of Pro and rebutting. Pro had rebuttals that were more or less calls for evidence with some but noticeably less then Con himself. c. Round 4: I give this to Pro. Con did a great job pulling out scriptures but did nothing to expound the reason they had any importance at any length aside from it pertaining to heaven. As a final note, in the future, I would a suggest a more professional tone. This seemed a bit rude, in my opinion. Have a good one, both