Idonotlikepie
sara_ann_dee

God is not real

Idonotlikepie

Idonotlikepie

Pro

1st round acceptance.
Well, you have been challenged. Self explanatory.
sara_ann_dee

Con

Thank you for challenging me!
Idonotlikepie

Pro

Allow me to start, and thank you for accepting my challenge. How could one believe in a god when, every three seconds, there is a dead toddler? Why would god save some, and kill others? Why does god not reveal himself? I was a christian for my entire life before these 3 years. And yet, never did he ever offer a sign. My dog is dead. My Grandparents are dead. I understand that they will "be taken to god's kingdom", but what of my dog? As a "soulless creature", where is he? Nonexistence? I believe that god cannot exist with all of the death and destruction in the world.
sara_ann_dee

Con

(Rebuttal for your paragraph): For every three seconds when there is a dead toddler - six more babies are born. God can not save everyone - especially when people do things like OD from drugs or commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head. He protects us from partial harm and does all he can - but cannot protect you from the consequences of your decisions. He guides you to make the right choices. He reveals himself in many ways - such as answeing prayers and healing miracles. You must have not been looking for signs then - or not be confident in them becaue if you did, you would find them. And if you do not believe in god then you are not a christian. Most of the "destruction" and "violence" in the world is caused by us - humans. God cannot controll all of us like puppets in a play - he can only guide and to make the best decisions we can and help us along the way. He cannot prevent everything bad from happening. Because then we would live in a boring world where we all live forever - become overpopulated - and not learn from any mistakes we have made. Life would pretty much be meaningless.
Idonotlikepie

Pro

Rebuttal: God is supposedly all-powerful. He could prevent all of this. If god knows everything that will happen, everything has a set path, and thus we have no choice. Suicide is often from issues within personal lives that could have been stopped, or mental illness. And for every two of those babies born, 1 old man/woman will die. And in major tragedies we often say one person surviving is a miracle. What of the others who had died? Are there no miracles for them? And I was a Christian, but I am not now. I truly believed everything. But then I thought. And I thought. And I came to my realization, and became an atheist. There was much planning, thinking, and praying. I asked god to give a sign because if he didn't another person would be suffering eternally. If he really existed, he would have cared enough about my existence as a human to tell me.
sara_ann_dee

Con

Counter argument: God can prevent things from nature that are under his control - but he cannot control the damage what humans do because he does not control us like puppets - he can however, lead us in the right direction so we don't mess around with dangerous things and commit bad actions. God prevents numerous health and physical related deaths so people do not have to suffer - he cannot rip the gun out of someone's hand who is trying to kill themselves - he can try and help them to change their minds with signs however. Even god agreed that people have to die - it is a part of the life cycle and if nobody ever dies, the earth would become overpopulated and everyone would be miserable. He cannot tell you directly because he will not speak to you like any ordinary person would. He would give you signs of you prayed to him - and he will give you the strength and realization that you will obtain later in life. Then you will realize the truth and finally have some closure - you need to give him more time because he does truly look out for everyone - but cannot save us from other people because he does not have control of those evil souls.
Idonotlikepie

Pro

Problem: If god is all-powerful, he could do anything , thus making us to not do things with free will still available because he is god. Really, If he is all powerful, he could do this with free will still available, somehow incomprehensible to us. And why doesn't god reveal himself, directly, saying "Hey, I'm god, believe in me", to everyone? Then those who reject have no reason to. Faith shouldn't be necessary.
sara_ann_dee

Con

How is that relevant to this topic? My opponent failed to respond toy arguments in each round - therefore, vote CON.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Tie. Both of you did a poor job. The problem of evil is easy to refute.
Vote Placed by Gondun 1 year ago
Gondun
Idonotlikepiesara_ann_deeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con kept saying that God cannot stop us from doing bad things, but did not refute Pro's point that God is omnipotent.