a2daj14
LogicalVoice

God is not responsible for evil in people

a2daj14

Pro

I believe there needs to be a balance in the world. God is responsible for that but he is not responsible for what someone wants to do. God shows everyone right from wrong but it is the DEVIL that says otherwise. I rest my case.
LogicalVoice

Con

As a starting point for my argument, I will choose the most simple; according to Christian belief, God is the creator of everything in existence. There was nothing before, or after God, and God is omnipotent, eternal, timeless and spaceless, all at the same time. Therefore, as the creator of all things, God must have created evil in some form, otherwise it would not exist. The latter part of this claim is supported by the bible quote "I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known me; that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, who does all these things" (Isa. 45:5-7). This point is further proven by the telling of God creating Lucifer, also known as the Devil to the instigator. This, coupled with the idea of God knowing everything that ever was and ever will be, as part of his ultimate plan, will have known that the fallen angel turned prince of Hell, Lucifer, would have turned evil, and thus spread his influence amongst Man, therefore meaning God created the evil in both Man and the Devil.

As another point, I will add that although it is said that God has given man free will, in order to determine the righteous from the sinners and deliver the righteous to the eternal kingdom of heaven while sending the sinners to the eternal suffering of Hell. Knowing about impending evil due to his ultimate knowledge, God is indirectly sending people to Hell of his own accord, which, to some not of the faith, may be interpreted in God himself being evil. To know ones fate before they are born and to keep them from salvation using free will and instead send them to a place of eternal pain, suffering and torture doesn"t aid the point of the instigator.
a2daj14

Pro

a2daj14 forfeited this round.
LogicalVoice

Con

LogicalVoice forfeited this round.
a2daj14

Pro

a2daj14 forfeited this round.
LogicalVoice

Con

LogicalVoice forfeited this round.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
So if I make a bomb and than just let anyone do whatever they want with it and someone kills thousands of people with it that is not my responsibility?