Dragonclaw
fairandbalancedmyass

God is real(Christianity)

fairandbalancedmyass

Dragonclaw

Pro

I will be for god in the Christian religion being real.
fairandbalancedmyass

Con

There is no proof of a supernatural being that rules our fates and lives. If you have proof of such, by all means, please present it. You are in the position to prove this theory; please go ahead.
Dragonclaw

Pro

If there is not a supernatural being then how is in most timelines they use Jesus Christ who is part of the god head? If god is indeed not real then how was Jesus able to raise the dead. The proof itself can also be found the lives of those who nearly died but reported that as they were unconscious they saw something or someone. You also stated that god controls the fates of our lives but it is not true for in proverbs 16:9 it says "the heart of man plans his way". This means we have free will allowing us to do as we please.
fairandbalancedmyass

Con

We use Jesus' birthday as the basis of our year counting system because he's the basis of a worldwide religion. There is no physical proof that Jesus raised the dead. The proported encounters with spiritual figures when one is on the brink of death has been proven to be the human brain trying to comfort itself; similar reports have involved other spiritual beings and dead family members. I never said that anything controls our fates, because nothing does.
Dragonclaw

Pro

The easiest way to know whether good is real is to look at the lives of those who should not have made but did. There are many people in the 21 first century that have stories about how they had nothing and nearly lost hope. Do you think magic happened then poof they were famous and on top of the world. No they had help from god. You stated in your second argument that there is no physical proof that Jesus raised the dead but the bible itself is physical proof in that it tells you all of its history and the people thereof. In the first argument can you prove that there is a being that rules our fates and lives. Which states that you is there something that has control over our lives and fates. In closing here is a question to think about. Why is it that so many people worship a god if there is no such thing?
fairandbalancedmyass

Con

People quickly gaining wealth and fame is pure luck. For every person who does, there are a thousand who don't; the odds are akin to roulette. The bible doesn't count as physical proof of anything, in the same way no book can. Someone telling you something doesn't make it true. I think you misunderstood my comment about a higher being in my first argument. Finally, billions of people worship their various gods for two reasons: 1) Because they're raised to and are told for their entire lives that such a being exists, and 2) because the idea of eternal life comforts them against the idea of nonexistance postmortem.
Posted by TRUE-ISRAELITE 2 years ago
TRUE-ISRAELITE
I don't know HIM as Jesus. As far as I know, Jesus is Zeus. The Messiah that I know is YAHUSHUAH. If you don't believe in The Messiah, how do you repent?
Posted by c4 2 years ago
c4
The bible is not a reliable source on the life of Jesus. The bible was written around 40 years after Jesus' death. The real Jesus that we know of lead a Jewish rebellion against the Romans to free the Jewish lands, he had nothing to do with Christianity as it did not exist as was he not the Messiah because the concept of god's messenger did not exist.
Posted by TRUE-ISRAELITE 2 years ago
TRUE-ISRAELITE
Religion has nothing at all to do with the Bible. ALAHYM did not give us religion, HE gave us laws/commandments to keep and follow!
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
It's hard to argue with someone against a position in which reason was not used to form it and is not used to maintain it.
Vote Placed by nevedarkwolf 2 years ago
nevedarkwolf
DragonclawfairandbalancedmyassTied
Reasons for voting decision: In most cases, pro has the hard job of burden of proof, however in the final argument he states a compelling question. If it does not exist, why do so many believe in it. This, negs defense I feel was not strong enough to negate such a statement, which is why I give the vote to the affirmative.
Vote Placed by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
DragonclawfairandbalancedmyassTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro never successfully PROVED that god is real
Vote Placed by hayhen13 2 years ago
hayhen13
DragonclawfairandbalancedmyassTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side cited any sources so yeah. Pro asks Con to give proof in the very first round and the proof given was people having dreams and the Bible. No real evidence, did not fulfill their side of argument. If the Bible is proof then if I wrote a book about neon space kittens transcending time then those would be real. Throughout the debate Pro defeated every argument. Not the best debate, but credit to Pro.
Vote Placed by danhep 2 years ago
danhep
DragonclawfairandbalancedmyassTied
Reasons for voting decision: No sources but... although I am not Atheist I sided Con. I pushed away my bias and sided so because he had stronger arguments