Shadow211212
LifeMeansGodIsGood

God is real, and watching over us.

Shadow211212

Shadow211212

Con

So, sparking up another religion question. I would love to have a nice debate with someone who believes in God(s) about his being without truly offending them. So heres how it'll be planned out:

Round 1:
Con's Explanation
Pro's Acceptance

Round 2:
Con's Arguments
Pro's Arguments

Round 3:
Con's Rebuttal
Pro's Rebuttal

Round 4:
Con's Final Words
Pro's Final Words

Voting.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Your challenge is accepted. I hope to persuade you (or viewers) that God is there and He cares about all of us.
Shadow211212

Con

Thank you very much for accepting my debate. Now, to the beliefs of Christians, Earth is the only inhabited planet. So if Earth is the only planet with life beings, why would God make our universe such as it is? Our universe is so expansive, by the time in several millions of years when Earth reaches so close to the sun it burns up (a scientifically confirmed fact), we will barely know what is in our universe, let alone traverse it. Why didn't God just create our galaxy and be finished? Certainly none of us will make it outside this universe. Also, if God were real and despised gays, why would he create them? Why would righteous people like Martin Luther King Jr. be killed? Why would God create cancer and other fatal illnesses to plague those who have done no harm? I dare you, opponent, to ask me one of the questions other atheists supposedly can't think of an answer for, and I will answer them as good a question as any other.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

why would God make our universe such as it is?

God did not make the universe the way it is. It was perfect when He made it. It is broken now. He is going to fix it. He is watching over us.

, if God were real and despised gays, why would he create them?

God does not despise gays. God did not create gays. God created Adam and brought Eve to Adam after He made her from one of Adam's ribs. They were one flesh. The first marriage, created and performed by God. God hates sin, God does not hate gays. All sex outside of marriage is sin. Marriage is when a man and a woman become one flesh.

Why would righteous people like Martin Luther King Jr. be killed?

It's a shame Martin Luther King Jr. had to die the way he died, but we all must die one way or another sooner or later because we have all sinned against God, none of us is righteous. We all deserve to die.........I would prefer to be shot dead and go without suffering like the Reverend King did. His sudden death was a terrible tragedy and an immeasurable loss to humanity, he was a great man, but nobody is righteous so they do not deserve to die and nobody is righteous so they deserve a long life. Time is a gift from God, he gives it or He ends it as He sees fit. God did not want things to be the way they are, God did not want everybody to have to die. It's not God's fault that man chose to rebel against Him. God cannot deny Himself, He must be true to Himself, he must keep His Word and He told man he would die if he rebelled. So here we are, dead in sin, rebels permitted a reprieve temporarily before God's justice is finally executed against our rebellion. Sad it fell on Reverend King so suddenly when the man was such a fine, great example of bravery and leadership.

Why would God create cancer and other fatal illnesses to plague those who have done no harm?

God did not create these problems. These things resulted from man's rebellion and the corruption of man's body caused by man's rebellion.........If God did not allow time for man to go on in the world after man rebelled, none of these diseases would have appeared as none of Adam and Eve's descendants would have been born.

You are trying to blame God for things man caused. As long as you insist God is not real because He is allowing problems to continue for now, you can only hate God or deny God is there. He loves you and He wants you to trust Him so He can fix you, get rid of all of the corruption that is in you and in your body, and give you eternal life. He made a way to make this possible. If you insist is is impossible, you won't come to know God,. God wants you to know Him and He has revealed Himself. He is calling to you........He wants to save you from eternal death and give you eternal life. He can do it. I can tell you how. He did it for me. I know He can do it for you. I know He is real, and I know He is watching over us. He is keeping account of everything and He is going to settle all accounts forever and restore perfection to His creation.

Man messed things up. Don't blame God for man's problems. Thank God He gave mankind enough time for you to be born. I'm glad you are here. God loves you.
Shadow211212

Con

How could God create man and allow such actions to happen? Surely an omnipotent being such as God should be able to stop anything that challenges him, so I believe my point still stands. God created man, therefore, such rebellions are his fault. But, besides the creation of man, isnt it Gods fault we are a separated race? I believe it was the Tower of Babylon (obviously I'm not very religious, so the name might be off) where human race was united. We all spoke one language, and we never fought a war. There were no separate ideals. When mankind tried to create a tower to find God and be devoted to him furthermore by his proof of existence, God feared that they would try to take over his power and punished them for their 'wrongdoings.' And to back up my original statement, we have proven that evolution exists in beings, you can't just deny it. Some Christian scientists use 'micro-evolution' to scurry to find a way to keep Gods existence alive. Species on Earth evolve. Whether its to protect themselves from a predator or to just to a new climate, it still happens. Therefore, it is very possible that humans could evolve from monkeys, and I ask pro to find any historic or scientific proof of God(s).
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

"How could God create man and allow such actions to happen.? How could God create man and allow such actions to happen"..........

God could have destroyed man immediately after man rebelled, but if He did that, you would not be here. God wanted you to be here, and He wants you to be with Him forever. Your point fails, you are still trying to blame God for man's rebellion when it is only God's mercy which allowed man to continue and reproduce so you could be here. Of course He is omnipotent and of course He will put an end to all rebellion, but He wanted you to be here so He waited.......and He wants you to get saved from His wrath which He is storing up against rebellion, and He made the way for you to be saved by taking the punishment of your rebellion on Himself when He died in your place. He died for you while you were still a rebell, and He rose from the grave so you could be forgiven by Him and He remains just in that He executed your death upon Himself. If you believe on Him, turn away from your rebellion and ask Him for mercy believing He took your death and rose from the grave to justify you, in faith call on Him to save you, He will save you from the wrath which will be poured out on His creatures who remain stubborn in their rebellion and try to blame Him for their rebellious condition since He created them.

The problem in the building of the tower of Babbel.....Babyl........not sure of the spelling myself......was that man was trying to ascend into heaven independently of God. God stopped them by dividing the languages because with one language and one focus (to ascend into heaven, make themselves God, make themselves immortal) they would have been able to accomplish their task (to defeat death is always the goal of the ungodly) We are still one race, we all have the same blood. all nations on the face of the earth are one race. Only the languages have been divided.

"' And to back up my original statement, we have proven that evolution exists in beings, you can't just deny it." This is not true. Evolution is still a theory and always will be a theory. Evolution is actually a religion in which it is beleived man will evolve into gods, and the most powerful and most devloped man will be god of the gods. God the Creator of Man who died to be the Saviour of Man will not permit man to replace HIm. He stopped man from doing this at the Tower of Babel, and He will stop man again before man destroys the world while fighting over who is the fittest to survive so they can evolve. God is still waiting for at least one more person to be conceived, or one more person to believe on and receive Jesus Christ as their Saviour to be spared from the wrath to come.....but than maybe he's not. Maybe His wrath will begin being poured out before this debate is over you won't be saved. The debate will go on untill God Himself puts a stop to the rebell. You are debating this from the standpoint of a rebell, trying to blame God for your rebellious acts against Him. He is watching and He wants you to come to him seeking His mercy before He runs out of patience and stops inviting you to come to Him.

This is not a science or history debate. The proof of God's exisence is all around you and in every cell of your body......and in your own conscience. God has written His law on your heart and you have no excuse for denying He is there. If you won't believe God is there and that He is watchng over us, you will believe anything anybody tells you as long as they don't tell you that you are guilty of rebellion and deserve to be punished for it.
Shadow211212

Con

First off, I am sorry for my repetition, I do it without realizing. The first thing I would like to fight against in your rebuttal is that evolution is just a theory. That would be incorrect, Pro, for the scientific definition of theory is much different from the normal usage of the word theory. I would not use scientific definitions for words in a normal debate, however evolution is often known as the Theory of Evolution. According to [www.livescience.com]. a very reliable scientific site, a theory is defined as, "A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon." [http://www.livescience.com...]. Therefore, according to Christian, atheist, or other kinds of scientists, a theory is proven fact supported by multiple tests.

The next part, that God(s) is all around us, in the cells of our bodies and molecules of the nearby air, I believe you are sorely mistaken. If God were able to control every part of our being, as he should be, being an omnipotent being and in the air molecules surrounding us, why would the miracle bringer Jesus be killed and tortured when he had proven himself to God that he was completely devout to him? Surely he would stop the prosecutors of Jesus and punish them as he had punished others? Yet he did not.

For my final words, Pro, it may seem very ludicrous for our argument, but I would like you to solve the Omnipotent Paradox, stated by Wikipedia as "If a being can perform any action, then it should be able to create a task which this being is unable to perform; hence, this being cannot perform all actions. Yet, on the other hand, if this being cannot create a task that it is unable to perform, then there exists something it cannot do."

Thank you for a very nice debate, you made several convincing arguments, however I am still strong in my belief that there is no God(s).
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

If you won't believe God cares about you, you won't believe God cares about you and that means nobody can help you in the end. If you want to believe that way, go ahead and believe in evolution or space aliens or magic or whatever makes you feel better about your fate, and go ahead and blame God forever. God allows you to do that. Evolution has never been observed and is nothing more than a hypothesis; a belief. That's enough for me about evolution in this debate. The debate is not about evolution vx. creation. I will get to the heart of the matter, the heart of God.

Con poses this question which is full of questions: " why would the miracle bringer Jesus be killed and tortured when he had proven himself to God that he was completely devout to him? Surely he would stop the prosecutors of Jesus and punish them as he had punished others? Yet he did not."

Jesus is God. He is not merely "the miracle bringer". He was killed because He gave Himself to pay for your sins so he could be satisfied that your debt to Him was paid in full and He can forgive you if you come to Him, believing on His resurrection, for mercy. Jesus knew He would rise from the grave bodily after He gave His life and allowed Himself to be tortured to death. He did it for you. He is God, He is there, and He is watching over you now. He is holding you up now keeping you out of the fire of hell for now. He will not do this forever if you wil not admit that you are the one who deserves to die when He suffered and died in your place so He could secure God's pardon for you to enter heaven.

Those who thought they had won in killing Jesus actually were defeated because He defeated death when He rose from the grave. You can have victory over death by believing in Him, receiving Him as you rSavour to be your life.

As for the "Omnipotence Arguement". The Parodox you propose would be for God to eliminate Himself. The Parodox proposes that God do something that will make Him less tham omnipotent. He will not do this. He cannot make Himself less them omnipotent. He cannot eliminate Himself from being God.

" All we have done here is arrange certain words into a sentence so that it appears to be something that someone could actually do. But it is just a cleverly disguised "pseudo task." It is just impossible. Asking God to make a stone too heavy for him to lift is much like asking someone to draw a square circle. It is logically impossible. Not even God can draw a square circle " not because he lacks something, but because a "square circle" is no object at all." Thank you to Godsnumberis7 for this excellent quote.

God is there and wathing over you. Believe it.......He loves you and wants to save you and keep you forever in eternal life in the unimaginably wonderful paradice of heaven. Let Him save you. Admit you need to be saved from your sin. Believe He died in your place and rose from the dead and is willing to forgive you. Call on Him to save you, receive Him by faith. He loves you and He wants to change you forever from eternal death to eternal life. He is there and He is watching over you, calling to you pleading with you to trust Him.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Sagey, you are harrassing me and making no end of your insults and I want you to leave me alone.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you're welcome, Shadow.....good questions you have, my pleasure to try to answer in the name of the Lord who is there and wathing over us and loves us.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I don't see why discussion of the definition or lack of definition of "God" should go against me or my opponent in the debate. An observre suggested my opponent define "God", my opponent thought it might be a good idea, and I said it was unnecessary and felt no tension in the debate over the comments.

I really was doing nothing other than trying to convnce my opponent that God is there and is watching over us and wants the best for us. My opponent was gracious in listening and arguing, and in the closing statment. It was a nice debate.
Posted by Shadow211212 2 years ago
Shadow211212
Thank you for the debate, my opponent, it truly was a good one.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I had to save my notes.......didn't mean to argue in the comments section......the arguement in the notes here was used in the debate after i got home from church......I'm not a computer whiz, just had to quickly save what I had for my due argument and saved it the fastest and easiest way i know.....copy and pasted in the comments. I thought it was a good and civil debate with no need to argue in the comments. My opponent here was polite in disagreement.

I won't contest the vote.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
fair enough, wylted, thank you
LifeMeansGodIsGood
If you won't believe God cares about you, you won't believe God cares about you and that means nobody can help you in the end. If you want to believe that way, go ahead and believe in evolution or space aliens or magic or whatever makes you feel better about your fate, and go ahead and blame God forever. God allows you to do that. That's enough for me about evolution in this debate. I will get to the heart of the matter, the heart of God.

saving notes here, time for church
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I understand the definition of "God" and I think Con understands the word becaue Con used the word well in a proper sentence. It's a common English word, somewhere around the third grade level of understanding and does not need to be defined for me in this debate though Con is welcome to try. Con's definition may or may not be debatable: the title of this debate is certainly debateable and that is why I took it. I am fully persuaded that God is there and watching over us, and I am fullly persuaded that everybody reading this knows what I mean by the word, "God". I won't insult anybody's intelligence here by defining "God" for them.
Posted by Ajab 2 years ago
Ajab
Horrible starting by Con, I will give the reasons when the debate ends.
Posted by Shadow211212 2 years ago
Shadow211212
Thank you, Cold-Mind, I fixed the argument thing, but I think defining God could be a perfect part of the debate.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Shadow211212LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave no evidence for a God watching over us, in stead it as an exercise in proselytizing, where Con gave good reasons why there would most probably be no such God watching over all humans at once. There is likely to be an infinite number of planets in the Cosmos bearing life, as all the basic ingredients for life has been found on meteorites so the Cosmos is evidently full of such building blocks for life. Thus a god would have to spread itself thinly throughout the Cosmos watching many living planets in an infinite number of universes.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
Shadow211212LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: I retract my vote. This should end in a tie. Neither party actually argued the resolution well. You need to provide clear concise arguments with actual premises and citations to back them up.