Your_Conscience
Tracker09

God is real.

Tracker09

Your_Conscience

Pro

I will be debating with Tracker09, who will be the Con.
For the purposes of this debate, we shall assume that we will be talking about the Christian a god, since there is more exposure to this divinity than most others.

From my position of the Pro, I must have logical reasons for why God exists.
Tracker09, or the Con, must make logical reasons for why God doesn't exist.
Tracker09

Con

The Christians belief in God is in itself a contradiction. They believe that He is defined by His Good nature, and yet evil things come from His creation. How can something defined as Good create Evil? The answer is that it cannot. Since God Himself conflicts Himself it is illogical to believe He exists.
Your_Conscience

Pro

Many things have been pointed to as the reason for bad in the world.

It could be that God allowed humans to make choices, whether right or wrong.

It could also be that what you see as evil is not truly evil, because it is part of God's plan, and if it is, you as a human have no jurisdiction to call it evil.
Tracker09

Con

Is it right then for God to allow us to make choices if our choices can be evil.

It also seems that if God is real then it would be ideal to not have any evil at all even if it leads to something good.
Your_Conscience

Pro

Perhaps the Con is misunderstanding my points.
I am not saying that the things you call bad actions are not bad actions in the objective sense of God. If God is good, and all things are created by him, so therefore all things have to be good, because they are created by God.

A good response would be giving me examples of horrible events, and asking me if they are good?
Tracker09

Con

Very well if you believe that all is good since it is created by God then I will ask you to give an explanation to how these things are good as you requested. Can you justify these tragedies such as the raping of young children;the genocide of the Jewish people(the holocaust) and terrorism against innocents.
Your_Conscience

Pro

I could explain it in several ways.

People have free Will, and it is their choices that cause these evil events to happen, not God, or that I don't need to justify rape, murder, etc., horrible things in my mind, but perhaps God has a different sense of morality.

I mean, we as mere mortals can't explain the moral beliefs of our Lord Almighty, can we?
Tracker09

Con

As humans we have our own sense of what is moral and if God has a different sense of morality then us then from our human eyes God would seem immoral. This is another contradiction of God who is now moral and immoral at the same time. These contradictions start to line up, so much that we begin to doubt His existence.
Your_Conscience

Pro

Then God created Free Will for people, since it would be pointless to call something good, if it has no choice in the matter.
God must exist, since there is an absolute truth.
This can be proved, since the statement, "There is no absolute truth." is an absolute statement. God is absolute truth.

The universe is also extremely orderly, perhaps too orderly that it requires a creator.
If the Earth was a bit larger, we would not exist.
If the Earth was a bit smaller, we would not exist.
If anything was a bit more different with Earth than we would not survive.

All things have a creator.
Tracker09

Con

I don't believe it is right to simply say that since everything is do orderly it has to be the result of a higher being, all this order can be just as easily explained through science.
Posted by Your_Conscience 2 years ago
Your_Conscience
Okay. Thank you.
Posted by Empiren 2 years ago
Empiren
The principle that every bad thing has a "silver lining", that being a good thing to come out of it.

It's false.
Posted by Your_Conscience 2 years ago
Your_Conscience
Could you explain what silver lining means? Apologies for being ignorant.
Posted by Empiren 2 years ago
Empiren
Why is Pro bothering to debate the "silver lining" principle?
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
Your_ConscienceTracker09Tied
Reasons for voting decision: First sentence of Con in round 4 is good. Pro made wild statements in round 5. Pro subjectively thinks that God's subjective opinion is objective, but it can not be proved or disproved.