Mythman2090
MagicAintReal

God is real.

MagicAintReal

Mythman2090

Con

I believe that the concept of God is false, mainly because of a lack of evidence. Since the pro holds the burden of proof in this argument, I won't be stating any arguments in round one, however pro will be stating their argument in round one.
MagicAintReal

Pro

Ok, thanks Con for this debate.
There were no definitions provided for the terms of the resolution in this debate, so I shall supply my own.

god - a deity.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

real - actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

I affirm that god is real, but I also feel like I should explain the particular god in which I believe, antithetical to what you may read in my profile, because my definition of god was not very expansive.

You see, I'm what people call a heliolater, because I practice heliolatry by worshiping the sun; the sun is in fact the deity in my religion.

heliolotry - worship of the sun.
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Con clearly has some issues with this:
"I believe that the concept of God is false, mainly because of a lack of evidence."

My response:
You may be able to look outside, up into the sky, and see god right now...if not, wait 12 hours or so; he'll come back.
But Con demanded evidence within this debate, so here's what I got.

cutaway_sm.jpg (5490 bytes)
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...

I have felt god's presence and influence, every time I've gone outside on a godly day.
God is observable by anyone/anything on earth that can detect god's radiation; we orbit god, it provides us with light/radiation, and god's radiation allows plants to produce food so that we may eat plants and enjoy their oxygen.

So I affirm that god is real.
Mythman2090

Con

Do you believe that the sun has a mind and is consciously controlling the universe? If yes, then I would ask you to provide evidence of this claim. If no, then this debate is over. We don't have any differing views here, we simply refer to the sun differently, you call it a God and I do not.
MagicAintReal

Pro

Thanks Con for that response.
I maintain that the god of heliolatry is real.

Con has a question for me:
"Do you believe that the sun has a mind and is consciously controlling the universe?"

My response:
I doubt that a mind could exist in such hot temperatures, I mean, even metals on god are gases.
Besides, my deity doesn't have to control the universe.
My deity needs to be the focus of our worship in heliolatry in order to qualify as a god in this debate.

As far as I can tell, Con concedes that god is real.

Con mentions:
"We don't have any differing views here, we simply refer to the sun differently, you call it a God and I do not."

My response:
We don't have any differing views?
Ok, so then god is real, and we don't have any differing views here.

To me, this is a concession that a god, the sun, is real.
Therefore I affirm.
Mythman2090

Con

Mythman2090 forfeited this round.
MagicAintReal

Pro

Praise hydrogen...extend.
Mythman2090

Con

Yep. Debates over. If you merely call the sun God without actually believing it consciously controls the universe, then we believe the same thing but just use different terms.
MagicAintReal

Pro

Yes, but clearly you agree that god, the sun, is real, so one must vote Pro because of Con's concession on this.
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
MagicAintReal
Thanks famous for the vote.
Posted by Mythman2090 7 months ago
Mythman2090
(sigh) I guess...
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
MagicAintReal
Ok, you gonna include definitions next time?
Posted by Mythman2090 7 months ago
Mythman2090
I get that you were trying to prove a point, that not providing a definition would lead to annoyances and complications, but the only complication was that you decided to troll. Not salty btw.
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
MagicAintReal
Yeah, but at the same time, I was pointing out that when you have a fact resolution such as this one, "is god real?" not providing a definition of god has consequences.
Fact debates hinge on definitions.
Posted by Mythman2090 7 months ago
Mythman2090
I meant that in this particular debate you were being a troll.
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
MagicAintReal
I'm not a troll, read my more serious debates.
Posted by Mythman2090 7 months ago
Mythman2090
This Magic Ain't Real guy is so obviously a troll. On his account his religion is "atheist," and he obviously was joking in his "the Sun is God" argument, clearly just using how vague the definition of God is in order to have a little fun. BaconWrappedEnigma, I completely agree with you.
Posted by MagicAintReal 7 months ago
MagicAintReal
Hey @FollowerofChrist1955
I will debate you on any god proposition or any evolution topic you wish...bring it.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 7 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
The God of the Bible IS God!
Vote Placed by famousdebater 7 months ago
famousdebater
Mythman2090MagicAintRealTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presents no definitions. Pro defines a deity as a deity. The Sun falls under this definition. Pro claims that the Sun is real. Con never challenges Pro's definitions nor his argument that the Sun is real. Therefore, Pro's burden is fulfilled due to the fact that Con could never dispute his definition or his argument.