yourhighduke
NickTheDrummer

God is real

yourhighduke

Con

God is not real. Have you met him? Does he really respond when you prey? NO! He does not. Can you describe what God looks like? NO! YOU would only know him by the bible -which THAT is not nonfiction either. If it described all facets of God and Jesus colorfully, how come it can be true? Humans didn't exist after millions of years after earth was created. Also, speaking scientifically, a Goldilocks's Zone IS NOT created in 7 days, according to the bible. That little morally and ethically described book can be handy in life, but it's just an ancient compilation of jokes turned into a book. Here's the next question. How the "hell" people described God. We don't know. Maybe he does exist... Maybe he did come down to speak to humans. But why not today? Why not in the past? It should've been recorded if he was real after all... But we did not. IT cannot be true. This is a very serious funny joke.
NickTheDrummer

Pro

I'll take this debate, but I'm not entirely sure what the con is asking me to prove. Do you want me to give you concrete facts about the story of creation? If so, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed, as you're asking for something that doesn't exist.

"Have you met him? Does he respond to you when you *pray?"
Well, you asked a rhetorical question, seeing as how you answered no directly after, but I believe that I do meet Him through prayer. The whole idea of prayer is, essentially, to have a little chat with God. And I do believe he responds when I pray- not through words, but through actions. Because whenever I pray, some good comes of it, whether it be me asking for the health of a family member or praying for rain during a drought.

"If it described all facets of God and Jesus colorfully, how come it can be true? Humans didn't exist millions of years after the earth was created."
According to Christian beliefs, you're right- humans didn't exist millions of years after the earth was created, they existed days after the earth was created. I'm assuming you're familiar with the creation story, so I'll spare you the details, but God made humans in his image, and that's how we came to be.

"But why not today? Why not in the past?"
It was in the past, but I'll assume you're speaking of the recent past. And according to my beliefs, he does come down to speak to humans through prayer. As to why it's not recorded, those who believe in Him don't feel a need to record him when he's around, as it's very personal, and those who don't believe in him don't notice when He is around.

In conclusion, and as I stated earlier, I really am not sure what you're trying to say. Are you simply arguing that God is not real? If so, then the obvious point to make is that it all comes down to opinion. I can't prove he does, you can't prove he doesn't. It's all about faith, that's the point of a religion. If it was all scientifically proven, there wouldn't be anything to believe in. So I would appreciate it of the con would clarify the topic/purpose of the debate. Thanks!
yourhighduke

Con

yourhighduke forfeited this round.
NickTheDrummer

Pro

Well, you've got one more shot at it!
yourhighduke

Con

yourhighduke forfeited this round.
NickTheDrummer

Pro

NickTheDrummer forfeited this round.
Posted by yourhighduke 2 years ago
yourhighduke
I'm really sorry but I forgot about this debate. Ill have a better one next time
Posted by Theguywhoknowsnothing 2 years ago
Theguywhoknowsnothing
Another one of these?