Samdeman90
Communist_support

God is real

Communist_support

Samdeman90

Pro

The title says it all. I challenge anyone to prove to me that there is no God(an impossible task, as the concept of "God" trumps all forms of empirical evidence)
Communist_support

Con

Hello comrade a nice day to debate,
Now god, what is god? Which god are you talking about? during what context are you reffering god to?
My main problem with god is this, where is the proof? Many people search their whole lives to see him but they die trying, massive gathering to meet god has failed with no god comming down.

Now i can guess you will start asking well where did you come from? which will eventually evolve into where did the earth come from? ending with where did the big bang come from? my answer to you is that is big bang was an anomoly, it was a tear in our universe thus gving it density which as Mr Hawkings has said is anti matter, thus it can also be seen as anti energy. The gravity was so big that to balance our original neutral universe massive amounts of the energy must be emmitted. So in math it can be seen like this, 5=5, -10000=-10000 or 5000=5000, when canceled out it is all zero.
In the end it can all be put back to the original sate of nothing.

And if you decide to ask me, where did that anomely come from, all i can say is that in the vast time of emptiness this was bound to happen sometime.
But if you do not agree with that and persists that something HAD to be before that then i will simply ask you the question that no one is able to yet answer, what was before god?

So i hope i see your reply soon comrade,
Samdeman90

Pro

Hello, it is a very nice day for a debate.

You have posted several interesting arguments against the existence of God, and I will now respond to each of them in turn.

You Said: "Now god, what is god? Which god are you talking about? during what context are you reffering god to?"
My Reply: By God, I refer to a Being that is fully responsible for all of what we humans would call existence. I am talking about any and every version of God, as I believe they are all one and the same.

You Said: "My main problem with god is this, where is the proof? Many people search their whole lives to see him but they die trying, massive gathering to meet god has failed with no god coming down."
My Reply: I agree that there is no "empirical" proof for the existence of God. That does not necessarily mean that God does not exist. What constantly convinces me of God's existence is His undeniable role in shaping my life for the better( since you do not believe He is there, you wouldn't be interested in that)

You Said: "And if you decide to ask me, where did that anomaly come from, all i can say is that in the vast time of emptiness this was bound to happen sometime."
My Reply: I actually think that the Big Bang is a pretty logical theory. However, I don't agree that we have enough proof to rely on it. In my opinion, humankind is not nearly advanced enough to presume to know how the cosmos originated. I don't care how many scientists theorize otherwise.

You Said: "But if you do not agree with that and persists that something HAD to be before that then i will simply ask you the question that no one is able to yet answer, what was before god?"
My Reply: There is actually an easy answer for that; God exists outside of time. All of what we call dimensions(space, time etc...) were created by God for reasons unfathomable. This concept is nearly impossible for us humans to comprehend, as we are defined by the dimensions and can't exist in any other way.
Communist_support

Con

Okay comrade i will say what i think of your points, and i must say they are well said.

You-By God, I refer to a Being that is fully responsible for all of what we humans would call existence. I am talking about any and every version of God, as I believe they are all one and the same.
Reply-Well comrade that is your first flaw there are so many gods with different ideologies with different beliefs thus you cannot say they are all one and the same,

You-That does not necessarily mean that God does not exist. What constantly convinces me of God's existence is His undeniable role in shaping my life for the better( since you do not believe He is there, you wouldn't be interested in that)
Reply- is life really for the better? look at us, the average human beening is only pleased with his life 90% of the time is that shapig life for the better? We are never pleased with what we have, look at all the crime going on everyday all over the news. Thus i fail to believe the fact that he is shaping your life or anyones life for the better.

You- I actually think that the Big Bang is a pretty logical theory. However, I don't agree that we have enough proof to rely on it. In my opinion, humankind is not nearly advanced enough to presume to know how the cosmos originated. I don't care how many scientists theorize otherwise.
Reply- i am sure the proof given is sufficient, also if you say there is not enough proof of the big bang then isn't there less proof of god?

You-There is actually an easy answer for that; God exists outside of time. All of what we call dimensions(space, time etc...) were created by God for reasons unfathomable. This concept is nearly impossible for us humans to comprehend, as we are defined by the dimensions and can't exist in any other way.
Reply-If he does not live in our universe it means that he does not ablige to our rules, if he does not follow the rules in our universe then what are the point of the ten condemments and all the rules he has set for us, if as you said he is from another universe then whatever he said is made up and fake. If he is from our universe than you will need to either proof what is before him or that he does not exist and science has taken us up to the point.

Look forwards to hearing from you again comrade.
Samdeman90

Pro

You Said: "Well comrade that is your first flaw there are so many gods with different ideologies with different beliefs thus you cannot say they are all one and the same."
My Reply: But they are. There is one Creator, and that is the only "god" that i am ever going to refer to.

You Said: "Is life really for the better? look at us, the average human being is only pleased with his life 90% of the time
is that shaping life for the better? We are never pleased with what we have, look at all the crime going on everyday all over the news. Thus I fail to believe the fact that he is shaping your life or anyone's life for the better."
My Reply: If you had read my statement properly, you would have noticed that I cited God's role in shaping MY life for the better. I am not speaking of "the average human being", I am speaking of my own personal experience and the works I see done by God every single day.

You Said: "If he does not live in our universe it means that he does not oblige to our rules, if he does not follow the rules in our universe then what are the point of the ten commandments and all the rules he has set for us, if as you said he is from another universe then whatever he said is made up and fake. If he is from our universe than you will need to either prove what is before him or that he does not exist and science has taken us up to the point."
My Reply: I never said God "does not live in our universe", but yes, He is very much exempt from what we call "scientific laws". God is greater than our universe and He(obviously) doesn't live by our rules
However, you seem to have completely missed my point that GOD CREATED EVERYTHING....... Time, space, thought, matter, antimatter, reason, heaven, hell, all of these come from God. In other words, God IS existence; there is nothing that is outside of Him.

In your reply, you seem to have assumed several things that I haven't said(me being a Christian for one) You are also making some logical connections that just aren't there (i.e. God's existing in another universe means he's fake????) We're having an educated debate here, so I would ask that you please refrain from doing these things in the future... Thank You.
Communist_support

Con

Ah well done comrade but i think we can all agree that i have won this one so i will now reply to you and sum up this debate.

You-If you had read my statement properly, you would have noticed that I cited God's role in shaping MY life for the better. I am not speaking of "the average human being", I am speaking of my own personal experience and the works I see done by God every single day.
Reply-so every good thing that happened to you is because of god? what about the people who do not believe in god, many successful scientists do not believe in god yet has had very succesful lives. Also remember GOD MADE YOUR LIFE BETTER is only your opinion, how do you know it is actually him? You do not have any evidence except the fact that you think God is making your life for the better.

You- I never said God "does not live in our universe", but yes, He is very much exempt from what we call "scientific laws". God is greater than our universe and He(obviously) doesn't live by our rules
Reply-now comrade i'm sorry to say but this is quite childish, where is your proof that he is outside of everything? He cannot be there unless you explain how he came to be there. i have already stated that our universe started from nothing which has a beginning. And how did he create everything? by magic? or some spell? your point has been completly defeated and been put out by my scientific proven facts (in rounds 1 and 2).

I have said outside of the debate in order to stop you from building on those points in the future comrade.
Now to sum, there is no such thing as god, there is pain in the world everyday, god said the wrold was created 5000 years ago, that is just bs we have carbon dating proof and even ancient cave painting that are older, dinosaur bones millions of years old. Science has won this debate, i have given up hard scientific evidence to back up my statements but all my opponent has given are assumptions and unrealistic view points.

Thank you comrade for the debate and to my fellow comrades reading this, i am sure your decision is clear and the winner is obvious :-D
Posted by Freeman 7 years ago
Freeman
I swear to God people make two profiles so that they can debate with themselves.
Posted by runningdeergv 7 years ago
runningdeergv
i think that God doesnt want to be empirically proven as real. he created this world to test people whether they believe in him or not. If there is concrete proof to God's existence then it is no longer a test. however, God made promises in the old testament and kept them (such as his promise never to abandon the jews and they survived through two millennium of exile and persecution. i think that the jewish people is the greatest proof o God's existence
Posted by stew95 7 years ago
stew95
can you prove to me that god IS real?
Posted by mammux 7 years ago
mammux
Don't worry about the beginning of the video, it's a MUST WATCH.
Posted by mammux 7 years ago
mammux
The best optical illusion in the world!

http://www.godisimaginary.com...
Posted by mammux 7 years ago
mammux
We cannot disprove "god" in any factor.

If I said to you, that I believe in Santa Clause, or the boogie monster, obviously, you wouldn't believe me! But then I said, "Ha, you can't prove that their not real!"

It's the same with dragons, the gobbleshnoof, a trazefid, so on... I could make up any creature and just say to you, "Ha, you can't prove it's not real!"

Of course, you wouldn't believe me, you might even call me crazy! But, now, think about "God" sure we cannot prove his existence, but niether can we the tooth faerie.

It's not that we have to disprove "God" it's that people have to prove him. Science has never accepted anything without evidence or proof of it, they may create theories but those are on logical stats and might be changed over time as there is more evidence.
Posted by 106627 7 years ago
106627
The concept of a omnipotent being in itself is flawed. Consider the following scenario.

Q: Can God create a stone he cannot lift?
A1: He can. If he can't lift the stone then he is not omnipotent.
A2: He cannot. Therefore he is not omnipotent.

This creates a paradox, there is no way to answer this question.
Posted by tmf_luvs_debate 7 years ago
tmf_luvs_debate
people, people,. this is a completely pointless argument. Have you ever heard the story about the girl with the blue and yellow hat? half was blue half was yellow. One day two men happened to be standing on either side of her and they both commented on her hat... but one man said they liked her yellow hat and the other said blue. they fought over it each claiming the other was wrong but what they didn't know was that from each of their own perspectives they were both right. so it is not necessary to argue whither god exists because honestly we have no real way to verify either side and so there for arguing will just cause damage. please if your going to debate, find something that is actually possible to prove.
Posted by josh.suyker 7 years ago
josh.suyker
I agree with the pro when he says that the Big Bang theory is logical. We need to get rid of the perception that all christians, or indeed people who believe in God, are in a strict opposition of the big bang. Many christians believe in the big bang, and many more have not ruled it out. Simply using scientific evidence to "disprove" God is nulinvoid, as this is a stalemate argument. Just as you can argue that there is no proof for God, there is then no proof against God either. Let this debate not be about personal belief, but the debating itself. Thank you.
Posted by animea 7 years ago
animea
I voted con mainly because the pro contradicts himself. The instigator is the one obligated to prove a point, but in his paragraphs he tried to say that the con has to disprove God while he does not have to prove him. The pro never provided any evidence of Gods existance, so never met his burden of proof in the round.
Vote Placed by hauki20 7 years ago
hauki20
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by BellaC 7 years ago
BellaC
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by chip 7 years ago
chip
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by Mohrpheus 7 years ago
Mohrpheus
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by baconator 7 years ago
baconator
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by Wii_Master_Nin 7 years ago
Wii_Master_Nin
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by tmf_luvs_debate 7 years ago
tmf_luvs_debate
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by sorc 7 years ago
sorc
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by KyleLumsden 7 years ago
KyleLumsden
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied
Vote Placed by heckler 7 years ago
heckler
Samdeman90Communist_supportTied