Sdgydnhgn
Hematite12

God is real

Hematite12

Sdgydnhgn

Pro

God is real because we have plenty of evidence proving so
Hematite12

Con

I'll assume 1st Round is for acceptance.

BoP by default should be on Pro, but as this is for whatever reason a matter of debate if Pro wants a shared BoP I will accept.
Sdgydnhgn

Pro

Sdgydnhgn forfeited this round.
Hematite12

Con

I still await my opponent's arguments.
Sdgydnhgn

Pro

Sdgydnhgn forfeited this round.
Hematite12

Con

Oh well. :/
Posted by maxtr 2 years ago
maxtr
I as a Christian claim that it inconsistant for a Christian to attempt to prove out our Gods existance. God only reveals Himself to those He pleases. It isnt up to mans desire or effort that one believes but upon the mercy of God.
Thus the God of the Bible doesnt want to be proven out and a Chriistian that attempts to do so is wasting his time working against the very God that they are championing.
Read the Bible from start to finish. God hides Himself to the flesh of a man and only His children to come to faith.
Posted by Hematite12 2 years ago
Hematite12
And why do you believe the Bible?

Because God said it's true?

Your logic: God is real because the bible says, and the bible is true because God said so.

You're right it's a matter of faith, which is why I'm tired of religious people having ANY problem with matters of science, and try and get their views incorporated into politics.
Posted by AthenaMusic10 2 years ago
AthenaMusic10
according to many religions (muslims, Buddhist, christians, etc.) they believe in Gods. If you are asking about the Christian God, yes i think he is real because it says in the bible. This is a matter of belief and if you know and trust what you believe, you would have an answer.
Posted by Hematite12 2 years ago
Hematite12
Well, he clarified in the comments that he meant the Christian god specifically.

It really just makes it easier for me. Proving a specific religion's god is an impossible endeavor.
Posted by mysterious_chick 2 years ago
mysterious_chick
i don't think its fair how you just said god and didnt specify what u really mean't because god can be defined many ways rather than just the bible.
Posted by BblackkBbirdd 2 years ago
BblackkBbirdd
Who has BoP? Pro, Con or both?
Posted by Sdgydnhgn 2 years ago
Sdgydnhgn
When I say God I am refering to the god of te Cristina faith or the holy bible. Sorry for not making this clear
Posted by DocG84 2 years ago
DocG84
How do you define god? I may accept if you can give me a clear definition of what you mean by a God, otherwise you may say something like "god is love and only love" which I believe in love, but just don't call it God.

Which God are you claiming is real? & could your arguments be potentially used for Zeus, Allah or Bigfoot?
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
SdgydnhgnHematite12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Neither made arguments though BOP was on Pro, so i'll give Con points as Pro failed to meet the requirements.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
SdgydnhgnHematite12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeits. Arguments because Pro failed to uphold the BoP. Nobody sourced, and S&G was equal enough, considering how little there was. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.