kellenrh
Ozzyhead

God is real

Ozzyhead

kellenrh

Pro

God is everywhere in life. From the largest galaxies to the glue that holds our cells together in our bodies. he is ever present in our hearts and he is almighty every where. although he cannot be seen or heard we know he is present. That little voice that tells you that you shouldn't do that or to greet that one person on the street for no reason is God.

That is all I have to for my first argument
Ozzyhead

Con

I accept your debate. I look forward to your arguments, and seeing how they differ from the millions of other arguments people have made pro God.
kellenrh

Pro

First I would like to start off with saying that God loves you and he always will, and whoever is reading this, I am going to show the awesome power of God and his glory.
Ever since the beginning of time (creation), God has been there. he created the universe and he has power over everything. We see his glory and power in the world all around us just by looking out into nature. The Hubble Space program found a galaxy with a cross in the middle of it! God is so great and constantly shows us his creativity. Also God created Laminin which is a protein molecule that holds the cell membrane together. How awesome is that!? God is so wonderful in all of his ways.

Some of the greatest scientists and thinkers were Christians and they continually showed the wise dominion of God and his creation. Capernicus, Galileo, Tycho Braher and ect.
Ozzyhead

Con

My opponent, the instigator, has set no structure for this debate, so I will go about this in my own way.
I would first like to point out that my opponent says that God has always been there, from the beginning of time. However, my opponent has supplied no evidence for this claim.
I would also like to point out that my opponent has talked about God's love. However, love does not equate to God and most certainly does not equate to evidence of God.
My opponent also says that God is always present, however, there is no way to sense his presence. There is also no reason to believe God is a male, if he even existed. God cannot be collected for data analysis, tested, seen, felt, heard, or smelt. If we cannot do that, then how can we differentiate from God and something that does not exist?
My opponent has also claimed that God is the voice we hear, however, this statement cannot be supported.
I would like to point out that God does not love any of us, and he does not love the one who does not believe in him. Any god that is willing to send you in to a burning place full of smoke, fire, blackness, and pain is not one that loves you. That is not an example of tough love, that's for sure.
The Founding Fathers of the United States were atheists, agnostic, or deists. They had great minds, too. "scientists" and "great thinkers" are terms that are rather broad. For starters, scientists are not always right. Also, an electrical engineer is a scientist, but that does not mean they understand the spiritual or religious world. I would also like to point out that Hitler claims that some of his motives were Christian in nature. (http://www.evilbible.com...)
I would also like to say that it is well known that Alexander the Great is the reason why so many people are Christians. When he was dominating, he spread and forced Christianity throughout the kingdom. You were supposed to accept it, or suffer the consequences.
For years, it was actually illegal to translate the Bible to English. (http://www.bl.uk...) Many believe this is because if people knew everything it said, it would most likely make them believe the stories are false, and that the bible has no validity.
My opponent's point has mentioned that The Hubble Space program found a galaxy with a cross in the middle of it. However, my opponent has failed to prove how a cross represents God. My opponent also failed to provide a source for any of his claims, although I do know that the last paragraph regarding the scientists is true.
kellenrh

Pro

kellenrh forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Next round
kellenrh

Pro

kellenrh forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

What a waste of time
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
kellenrhOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had BoP, but he failed to provide proof and instead of providing a refutation he forfeited.