Godisreal21
AJosten

God is real

AJosten

Godisreal21

Pro

God is real
AJosten

Con

Truly this is not a question of "God is real or not" but better, a question of "Is God realistic or not, given the current global situation, social standards, etc?" I would say no, God isn't realistic. While it's a possibility, there is hardly any suggestive evidence of an actual God beyond here say of people who believe or people 'turned to God'. The belief of God is also situational person to person. God is not a concrete concept with set rules and agenda. many different religions view God in many different ways, again making it less realistic.- harder to grasp. And while again.... That doesn't mean one or some do not exist, it just means it is not hardy enough to put faith into in my opinion and many others opinions. Some things you cannot argue in black and white terms.
Godisreal21

Pro

Sorry.

It is impossible to disprove the existence of god. He is living beyond our senses, and there is no way to prove otherwise. The evidence that there is a god, is more than there isn't.

For an example, how are there so many religions and have that many interpretations of god? Many of the religious believe in a god, and many things cannot be explained by sciences. That means there is a chance of there being a god, but you cant prove otherwise.
AJosten

Con

The notion of 'if you cannot prove it false, it must be true' does not work and really is not a valid argument, as it has no points really. Find me largely credible sources of scientific background, with no religious affiliation that argue heavily on fact that God exists that has been tested timelessly and has enough backing to be deemed significant data?

God is a concept, made by man- to console, control, and conspire against people. I am assuming you're a true believer, congratulations if you are, you can lead your life wherever you want with that but do not argue that simply because something is not proven false, that it is true. True faith in a God would be, accepting that God may or may not be real and still having faith even with question. Blind faith is believing without question.
Godisreal21

Pro

Okay, god exists mentally, thus proving he's real.
AJosten

Con

Sorry I've been working for past two days. I hate delaying but adults have to do adult stuff so haha.

The immediate point I could relate to this, is a theory by political theorist: Walter Lippmann , stated in his book Public Opinion, I believe- I'm reading too many books this semester! Here is my own account on reality as proposed by Lippmann.

Reality, we construct our own, based upon experiences and beliefs. Inside this reality we are the center focus. People naturally create a world around themselves and base their world views and opinions off this world regardless of its validity. Unless you can 100% prove a concept true in your reality, then it is a false aspect of your constructed reality. You are living in your personal reality inside the REAL reality. So, if you think God is real, and cannot go out and prove specifically that he is with actual fact without regard to your personal faith and expectations.. Then no, God does not exist in the real universal reality but just in your own. And while many people consider that to be sufficient enough to say God does exist, because they believe it in their own personal reality--- it just means you're ignorant to understand there is another layer to the world, actual reality. Simply existing inside your own reality, INSIDE an actual reality doesn't count as proof of God. That's my opinion. . You want God to be real, but it's just not realistic.
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Pro, how do you also disprove this giant pink ethereal and invisible T-Rex by my side that only I can see. He exists beyond all of your senses and I could just as easily follow up with a speculation that there's plenty of proof that he exists, shown by his creation of the colour pink. All things pink are designed in his own image and he holds them all within his heart very much.
Much of this is proven true by how people believe that there were dinosaurs in a far earlier era. Why else would people have so many different interpretations of what a dinosaur looks like without his reptilian existance in the first place? Since there aren't many things about my T-Rex that science can disprove his existence, so that mus mean he has a chance of existing, even to such petty non-believers much like yourself. Therefore, your god does not exist, but rather my Pink T-Rex does.
Vote Placed by NathanDuclos 2 years ago
NathanDuclos
Godisreal21AJostenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sorry, but you gave up a post to try a technicallity that wasn't valid. . . Conduct to con.
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
Godisreal21AJostenTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm a catholic... But Con made a more convincing argument