Theonlyme
tomlangford

God is the one and only lord

Theonlyme

Pro

God has changed me every time i sleep at night prayef will get me through. Butnyou may think all thoes people with a bad life there is one answer. Free will, god gave us free will we are able to choose what we do it may be the persons fault or another persons faughlt but truely you cannot blame it on god. Also you may say you pray ever night for a better life and it does not get better it is because god will grant you your prayer but it comes in time.
tomlangford

Con

Hello, I am an atheist and so I do not belive in God and I will present three of my reasons why.
1: I have seen no evidence to suggest his existence.
I base what I belive on what can be proven, ideally in a science lab. When we look at our universe there is no test than can be done that would give valid results that answer the question of God's existence. Never in my life have I seen anything that cannot be explain explained naturally or needs a God to be made. God is considered non-existant until he has been proven to be real. I do not belive in God for the same reason I do not belive in Santa Claus.
2: We do not need a God to explain our universe
As our knowledge of things such as particle physics and quantum mechanics expands we learn how complex our universe is. Everything we see and observe can be explained by science. We know why it rains, what happens when you keep cutting down a substance, why radiation kills people, where all the species we see come from. Put simply all the things that 2000 years ago we didn't know and needed a God to explain have been explained through valid scientific tests. The God of the gaps idea doesn't work here considering how quickly the gaps are closing
3: Why the Christian God?
Even if you could somehow explain the universe needing a God to exist how do you know it is your God? It could just as easily be Allah or Brahman or Krishna or some God no-one has even thought of.
Theonlyme

Pro

Theonlyme forfeited this round.
tomlangford

Con

tomlangford forfeited this round.
Theonlyme

Pro

Theonlyme forfeited this round.
tomlangford

Con

tomlangford forfeited this round.