LifeMeansGodIsGood
Tapwated

God loves you.

Tapwated

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Con postion for this debate is "God does not love me". "God is not there", or "there is no proof that God is there" are unacceptable arguments for this debate and will be automatic forfeiture. If you cannot argue that God does not love you without saying "there is no God" or "there is no proof of God", Please do not accetpt this challenge. If Con, in the debate or in the comments, says "you can't know God is there" or "God is not there" or "there is no proof of God" or any such denial or negative statement about the existence of God, Con agrees to forfeit the debate and Pro will not be required to supply any further arguments. Con may ask questions, but a rhetorical question that allows only for denial of God's existence is disqualiying and forfeits the debate. Con must argue how he knows God does not love him or her, and not argue that God is not there.

If these guidelines are not clear, please say so in the comments, not after you accept the debate challenge.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your guidelines carefully and will either respect them or forfeit by the rules.

I have to begin by saying that I find the concept of "love" to be quite differently interpreted between different cultures, therefore I'd like you to define what your definition of "love" in theological terms is.

My argument is that God doesn't love me as a human being in particular, because if he did he would have surely helped me more into fulfilling some of my wishes. I'm also sure there's plenty of other human beings that God doesn't love, just think of everyone who is born in miserable conditions and was never given a chance to improve his/her life, or those who have died even before getting to know about any form of religion.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

First, I want to thank you for respecfully arguing within the guidlines so I can enjoy a debate with you. Two other people accepted this debate and forfeited by agreed to rule violation, yet the voters award them a victory. It's a sad victory when you are proving that God does not love you.
I think the definition of love is understood by us both for this debate. A father loves his children, A man loves his wife, a mother loves her children, God loves you. I think the meaning of "love" is clear enough. I'm sorry you feel unloved because you didn't get more help in fullfilling some of your wishes. It could be that God saw the troubles that would come along with the fulfillment of your wishes, and for your best interest He withheld them from you. It could be He has better plans for you. God loves you and knows what is best for you. The question here is not about other people, the question is about you. God loves you, He wants you to know that He loves you.
Tapwated

Con

I understand your point, but I think you're using an argument that can't be considered valid since we can't foresee what my future will be like. I simply pointed out that until now I've never had much proof of being particularly loved by God
Of course I can't debate that any disappointment I've encountered in my life could somehow turn out to be part of a better plan for me, but that kind of reasoning shouldn't be considered in our debate since it's not provable in any way yet.

If I may, I'd like to ask you a question not to divert the conversation, rather to understand better your position. Would you say that God loves any human being? If so does he love everyone the same way?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con's arguments and manners are honest, logical, and gentlemanly here unliike the two kids who took this debate in total disregard of the guidlines and put up all kinds of bizzare arguments and denials of their rule violations before the voted for each other. Ajah or whatever that Muslim kids name is another peanut gallery hater who will vote against me.......I told him Muhammed was a liar, not a prophet. Muslims don't appreciate the truth.
Tapwated

Con

I've read your reply in the comments section, would gladly paste it here but then I'd run out of characters and I feel like making a last statement as well. I'm glad you enjoyed discussing with me, I've recently joined this site with the sole purpose of improving my ability to debate and I have no will to get into useless fights, I'm glad we managed to discuss in a civil manner.

I don't consider myself a believer but regardless of this I don't feel God's love is something that can be proven. I'll be glad to discuss this again in the future though.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
People who wont stop harrassing me and insulting me are punks. I don't mind if bullying punks like the people who won't get off my back in these debates want to attack me in the streets. That's easier to deal with than this incessant hatred and word play games against people who insist God loves them even though they hate being told that God loves them. Punks are punks, there is nothing wrong with calling somebody a punk if they are a punk. I don't have to name the punks. Anybody can see who the punks are. Of course some will say i am being the punk, but I will say to them as well as to the punks......God loves you and He does not like your acting like a punk.
Posted by Raymond_Reddington 2 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
The irony in what LMGIG just said...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Thank you masoni. I'm really trying to stand firm in my beliefs without personally insulting those who disagree. I don't mind if bullies try to attack me on the streets. That's easier than a war of words.....it's too easy for me to act like the people who attack me by throwng insults back at them. I'd rather just walk away.
Posted by Masons_State 2 years ago
Masons_State
Ladies and Gentlemen who are unfortunate enough to be in this comment section, I recommend that we refrain from insulting each other.

The report feature exists for a reason, and this is just a bad road to go down one way or another.

The debate was very interesting, but I do not think that attacking people in the comments is a wise move. It, at the very least, distracts from the debate when you could have made more points instead.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
jjohn, did you think maybe God wanted you to talk to Him before you went on a bender and risked destroying yourself?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
intellectually primitive, if you don't know what love is, I guess you have never loved or felt that you were loved.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Raymond, your vote is obviously the vote of a liar becaue if you agreed with me before and after the debate that God loves my opponent, you could not give him the points for the most convincing argument for arguing that God does not love him. Why do you keep following me around?? Do you think you are justified? Do you think you are making yourself look good? What are you getting out of this?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
aymond, how could you agree with me in this debate that God loves my opponent, but you took the challenge and argued that God does not love you? Did you change your mind? Do you now beleive God loves you the same as you agreed wtih me in your vote here that God loves this opponent?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Raymond, This is my debate and there is nothing wrong with me commening about it. Why don't you limit your comments to this debare or leave me alone?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Con argued withing the guidelines honestly like a gentleman, showing my guidlines were not totally favorable to me making it impossible for me to lose the debate. Con in this debate gave me no reason to declare forfeiture agaisnt him and I did not win the debate. I think I am right, I think God loves my opponent, but I did not convince my opponent of this nor did I convince the voters. The vote shoudl go in favor of Con due to my Round 3 mix up where I posted what I intended as a comment as my final argument. Haste makes waste. Except for my round 3 error, the debate shoudl be a tie on all points......unless a voter was convinced that God loves my opponent.
Vote Placed by Raymond_Reddington 2 years ago
Raymond_Reddington
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a large burden of proof which he did not fulfill. Therefore Con yes the argument points. Pro's comments insulting those of is on the "peanut gallery" cost him conduct. Overall this was a terrible debate. Do better.
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is still trying to stack the deck so he can win, which in debating is unethical, just as that nutjob William Lane Craig keeps trying to poison the well in his debates to win. Any argument that questions the non-existent love of God as destroyed by the Bible will suffice. So Con wins the argument and gets the conduct point for Pro's stacking the deck (confining/restricting the arguments of the opposition). Pro has to definitely be the worst debater on DDO, ever. Conduct also goes against Pro for using DDO to proselytize nonsense. The Bible proves that all God loves is itself, thus the first 4 Commandments.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
ChosenWolff
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters did a terrible job. Unfortunately for PRO. he had a BOP which he did not fill. It is up to him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that god both exists, and that he loves you. He did not, which is why the argument point will go to con. He will also receive conduct for PRO's incredibly slanted guidelines.
Vote Placed by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
LifeMeansGodIsGoodTapwatedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not a debate... This was 2 people gushing and pandering to one another. Still not understanding the purpose of this debate!