Sola.Gratia
FrackJack

God made marriage for a man and a woman

FrackJack

Sola.Gratia

Pro

WE will be discussing the point of marriage, what it was created for and how it should be in today's society.
Whoever wishes to take on this debate, the rules are to be polite, be respectful of the other persons opinions, give insightful thoughts using any resources (if have any at all), be appropriate and have an open-mind. Round 1 is for acceptance or questions about the debate (meaning if you don't understand then ask for clarification on what the topic is for/about). Round 2 and 3 are for rebuttals/ questions and comments. Round 4 is for final thought and closing.
As I wait, Best wishes to my opponent.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate, FrackJack. Looking forward in seeing what your thoughts and opinions will be.

"GOD MADE MARRIAGE FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN". (I'll be using ESV: English Standard Bible)

-->> Genesis 1:27-28,
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

-->> Genesis 2:18-24,
Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit fore him." Now out of the ground the Lord God had formedf every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adamg there was not found a helper fit for him. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he madeh into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said,

"This at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man."

Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

-->>Ephesians 5:22-33
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

-->>Proverbs 18:22,
He who finds a wife finds a good thing
and obtains favor from the Lord.

So as you can see just from these few text of Scriptures there is evidence here that marriage was only meant to be between a man and a woman because God created them to be as such. A man ad a woman can bring forth children, which God commanded for men and women in marriage o be fruitful and multiply on the earth. And as we see today, there is a great number of population now because of the obedience in this commandment from God

Marriage as you read from the verses I posted, is a symbol of Christ and His Church. Christ demonstrates the Husband/Groom and the Church demonstrates the Wife/Bride. Marriage was never meant for anything else but to honor God, show Himself through it and to bring Glory to Himself. Anything outside of a man and a woman marriage is not marriage at all, but instead adultery and sexual immorality.

My question to you FrackJack based on everything I've shared with you is, why do you believe marriage was not designed for a man and a woman by God? What do you think marriage is for? What do you think it symbolizes?

I await for my opponents response.
FrackJack

Con

The BOP is on Sola. If I prove God didn't create marriage for a man and a women, I win.

The Bible

Sola uses the Bible as proof that God created marriage. I find this is bad evidence, but what ever.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husbandand wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc. separation.
b.
a similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage. separation."

-->> Genesis 1:27-28,
So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Ok.

-->> Genesis 2:18-24,
Then the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit fore him." Now out of the ground the Lord God had formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all livestock and to the birds of the heavens and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said,

Irrelevant.

The rest of the verses are way too much and are a waste of space. And I'm way too lazy.
God doesn't exist. If I show how God doesn't exist, I win. Also, arguably marriage appeared outside of Christian influence. There is also some males in the bible who had more than one wife.

I will offically start next turn.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

Sola.Gratia forfeited this round.
FrackJack

Con

Sola forfeits.
Sola.Gratia

Pro

Sola.Gratia forfeited this round.
FrackJack

Con

kfc. 7 points to Con.
Posted by FrackJack 4 years ago
FrackJack
Sure.
Posted by Sola.Gratia 4 years ago
Sola.Gratia
I'm sorry FrackJack... I haven't been able to get back to the next round. If you want we can restart a debate on this topic and further the time span? Idk if your up for that?
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Sola.GratiaFrackJackTied