A_Flying_Toaster
EthicsPhilosopher

God most likely does NOT exist

A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

Good evening reader. As you may know, DDO has been having a lot of debates recently as to the existence of God, usually named "God Most Likely Exists." Personally, I wish we had more of a variety of debates because I am tired of getting on her and seeing yet another debate like this. But I think I have to come to defend the Atheist viewpoint once again although I really hate doing so. This first round is just to say "Hello" to my future opponent. And to let he or she know that I am rather open on however this is debated, but I would prefer something intellectually challenging. Because debating about this is already dull to me but I feel it is my duty. So, good luck, and a pleasure to meet you.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

Hello, I will be neither debate the side that god does, nor doesn't, exist. I will simply be debating the fact that we will nor will ever, on earth at least, have good evidence to back up either claim. I will begin my argument after you present yours, if it would be allowed. Thank you.
A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

A_Flying_Toaster forfeited this round.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

EthicsPhilosopher forfeited this round.
A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

A_Flying_Toaster forfeited this round.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

EthicsPhilosopher forfeited this round.
A_Flying_Toaster

Pro

A_Flying_Toaster forfeited this round.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

EthicsPhilosopher forfeited this round.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Well, technically you can still debate. Just don't expect proof of the non existence, but the likeliness of the non existence.
Posted by EthicsPhilosopher 2 years ago
EthicsPhilosopher
Apologies about the misconception. Gooday' ,everyone.
Posted by A_Flying_Toaster 2 years ago
A_Flying_Toaster
Yeah, don't do that then. I love how people disliked this debate. Maybe because people get grumpy at opposing opinion. How silly.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
I'm actually an atheist so I agree with you lol.
I mean, I could try, but I don't think I would be a good debater for that side.

Btw con. When you debate you have to be sure to understand the resolution. It doesn't matter what the instigator believes. It is about what he claims, and in this resolution, the only claim was the "it was more likely", not that he was sure.

I believe in a lot of crazy sh*t, but I don't go telling people I'm sure. If Pro can work with probabilities, then he can back his claim. He doesn't need to prove the non existence of god.
Posted by A_Flying_Toaster 2 years ago
A_Flying_Toaster
The opposite of this debate is someone who actually supports the theory "God Most Likely DOES exist." I am sorry, but agnosticism is not what this debate was going for. I'll have to start another now, ArcTimes, do you wish to debate?
Posted by EthicsPhilosopher 2 years ago
EthicsPhilosopher
She said 'god most likely does not exist' therefor she believes that he doesn't exist more than he does exist. I am saying that there is no correct or incorrect answer to it, it is simply a paradox of not knowing unless someone DOES know flat out, and then since no one but them knows flat out, we still have no evidence to prove it.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Even if atheists were actually claiming that they can prove the non existence of god, the resolution doesn't say that. So con, you need to change your position a little bit.
Posted by A_Flying_Toaster 2 years ago
A_Flying_Toaster
ArcTimes is correct. Atheists believe just that. It would take a grand amount of knowledge to flat-out make sure that he doesn't exist that no human ever could ever hope to attain. The chance of the God, in the man-made religious since is so small it might as well be zero.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
Con, but the resolution says "most likely". The intention is not to prove the non existence of god, but to show that its less likely that he exists than he doesn't exist.