Bob13
Envisage

God most likely exists.

Bob13

Bob13

Pro

God- a supernatural being with no beginning and no end that exists outside of our physical universe.

Burden of proof is shared. I will be arguing that God most likely exists, and Con will be arguing that he most likely does not.

The rounds will go as follows:

1. Accept the debate and say,"I accept."

2. I will post my argument, then Con will post his without reading mine first.

3. I will respond to Con's round 2 argument, and Con will respond to my round 2 and round 3 arguments.

4. I will respond to Con's round 3 argument, and Con will respond to my round 4 argument.

5. I will conclude all arguments from my perspective, and Con will conclude without reading my conclusion. This will give voters both sides of the argument at the end.

Please accept the debate.
Envisage

Con

Y0L0

I accept. I only pray I have enough time to complete this.
Bob13

Pro

Keep in mind that this argument is not to be read by Con until after he posts his round 2 argument.

Argument from first cause

Any explanation for the beginning of the universe leaves the question,"What caused that?" This means that, according to the logic of the universe, there was no first cause, and as a result, no later events. Since the universe obviously exists, the first cause would have to be unbound by the logic of the universe, so that it can be an uncaused being. That being is God. [1]

Argument from design

The chances of the universe resulting from an explosion are approximately eqiuvalent to the chances of a print shop explosion resulting in a dictionary. [2] This means that the universe was likely created the way it is intentionally. The creator would have to be God.

Envisage

Con

Envisage forfeited this round.
Bob13

Pro

I was hoping for a good debate here.
Envisage

Con

Envisage forfeited this round.
Bob13

Pro

This is very disappointing.
Envisage

Con

Envisage forfeited this round.
Bob13

Pro

This is annoying.
Envisage

Con

Envisage forfeited this round.
Posted by m8 1 year ago
m8
Your definition is too broad. If there are multiple universes, a bagel in another universe is God according to your definition.
Posted by Patrykh 1 year ago
Patrykh
The burden of proof should be on the pro side instead of it being shared?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Some time ago we did not understand thunder and lightning. So every culture made gods for it....
Posted by NateTheFirst 1 year ago
NateTheFirst
Could you clarify if you are arguing for the God of a specific religion or if this is simply a deistic God?
Posted by Illegalcombatant 1 year ago
Illegalcombatant
"God" isn't really defined here accept for something that exists apart from our universe ?You don't even have God defined as something that possess intelligence or takes any interest in human affairs.

Just an idea how about defining God as something like the intelligent cause of our universe ? or something like that.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
I would like to argue that, "likeliness is a redundant article, and that God Does exist."
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Bob13EnvisageTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited and made no arguments... therefore, Pro's arguments were better by default.