God must exist.

Con Tied Pro

I feel like God cannot possibly exist. I say this because we are able to conceive the concept of "God" and for something to be the only all knowing, all powerful, and all loving, it must be the greatest conceivable being. With that said, I feel like a greatest conceivable being (GCB) cannot possibly exist.

I would like to thank my opponent for taking this debate, I would also like to thank the academy, Jesus, and my family, for whom without them, I could not have been where I am today. Except for Jesus, because he doesn't actually directly intervene in our lives because that would just screw up his dad's divine plan.

I will accept this debate but your logic is severely flawed. To the point where It is unclear exactly the point you're trying to make...

Are you saying that God CANNOT exist because we can conceive of him? That doesnt make sense in and of itself.

Are you saying that God CANNOT exist because he must be (as you say) the GCB, and since we can concieve of him than he must not exist. In which instance I would argue that we only can concieve of his existance, not all the aspects that IS God.... since we can't concieve of all the elements that make up God (only a few), I would say by your own definition God COULD exist.

I have like 11 minutes to finish this round lol

I am simply stating that I am against the notion that God MUST exist (as stated in the title of the debate).
One of the many attributes we give God is that He is great. He is all knowing, all powerful, and all loving. As far as being great goes, He is the greatest of all beings that know, love, and have power. I believe that his existence is not a great making characteristic. Being that God is the greatest conceivable being (GCB), most people think that He must exist.

Sorry I did not make enough rounds for this kind of argument. I will post another debate with more rounds and longer answering time. I guess I just worded what I was trying to say wrong. Please let me know what you think and I will re-post and restate a debate that you would like to take on about this subject.

midgetjoe forfeited this round.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

midgetjoe forfeited this round.
Posted by wpfairbanks 6 years ago
I would like to accept this debate. However, based on reading your opening statement, it seems like your argument is that "God cannot exist" which your are PRO to. I would love to debate that.
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago