Samson11
TrustmeImlying

God or No God

Samson11

Pro

Their is a God. Creation proves it
TrustmeImlying

Con

Since this debate was made without context, and gives little direction as to PRO's reason behind creating it, allow me to fill in the assumptions with what I believe are the claims.

PRO claims that a single god is real, and evidence of this god lies in "creation".

If I, CON, can present information that casts doubt upon PRO's points as to the validity of "creation" and it's supposed link to proving a single god exists, than I will have called this god's existence into question, winning the debate.

Points outside of creation should not be considered, as these topics were not mentioned in the initial challenge, and step outside the agreed upon confines of the debate.

Thanks for reading, back to PRO!
Samson11

Pro

Samson11 forfeited this round.
TrustmeImlying

Con

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!
Samson11

Pro

The bible is a creditable source of information, always has been and always will be. In the very first verse it says GOD created the Earth. If Con can prove the bible isn't a credible source then I am wrong. By bible I mean Christian old and new testament bible like this one in the link. http://www.christianbook.com....
* I didn't mean to forfeit the 2nd round. My apologizes good luck. Would like to debate this topic again with you. Could you set up the debate instead. As I said I don't know what to do on this site yet. Thanks! *
TrustmeImlying

Con

"If Con can prove the bible isn't a credible source then I am wrong."

Well let's get to it!

Based on the Bible's chronology, the Earth is, at most, 10,000 years old.

https://answersingenesis.org...

The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

http://www.talkorigins.org...

This point fulfills the challenge issued by PRO, and I have won the debate.

Thanks for reading!
Posted by Samson11 2 years ago
Samson11
Trustmei'mlying????
Posted by TrustmeImlying 2 years ago
TrustmeImlying
Hey Squirrel, you wanna use the other two accounts as well? No sense in holding back!
Posted by Samson11 2 years ago
Samson11
give me no less than 4 rounds. please
Posted by Samson11 2 years ago
Samson11
pick one just do the max time so I can research please. Please don't pick one referring to video games though for example: /if cortana is master chief's sister
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
how would you like the debate to be setup? @samson11 and what topic?
Posted by Samson11 2 years ago
Samson11
elijahhill97 I never said I was part of those religions. set up a debate and I will accept it.
Posted by TrustmeImlying 2 years ago
TrustmeImlying
Samson, your account disappeared, so I apologize for not answering your question as I assumed you deactivated and left.

Please allow me to answer it now:

You definitely didn't do anything wrong, but in the future I'd check out the format and structure of other debates, so that you'll pick up on how to challenge someone, and everyone is clear on the topic, the rules, and what's in and out of bounds.

You're more than welcome to challenge anyone on anything you please, however issuing a confusing debate will likely cause miscommunication and confusion.

Then people like the clown that just voted will choose sides based on preconceived opinions and biases, and simply choose who they agree with already, and disregard the debate.

Without the debate we have anarchy! Blood in the streets! Children crying and puppies starving and all that.

So please, we must all be clear, concise, and careful when challenging and accepting debates.
Posted by TrustmeImlying 2 years ago
TrustmeImlying
Squirrelnuts57 shouldn't vote just because they don't like how the debate went. It's not about who you want to be right, it's about who won the debate.

Dishonor!
Dishonor on your whole family!

Make a note of this: dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow...
Posted by Elijahhill97 2 years ago
Elijahhill97
well 7 points to trustmeimlying. I would love to debate you on this topic. I am a firm Atheist and will gladly disprove the credibility of the bible. It was silly for you to say the bible is a credible source since your religion says differently. In Catholic and Christian schools we are taught that the bible is not a history book and you can't take everything literal in the bible. Christians and Catholics alike do not believe the creation story exactly the way it is told they believe it is more of a metaphor. Only creationist believe that story to be true and they also believe that the Earth is only 6000 years old. Not only does science disprove this but also their fellow believers(Catholics and Christians) claim this to be false. The bible has been translated hundreds of times to different languages and for kings and rulers who fit it to go with their reign.

If anyone wishes to challenge me on this I'd love a good religious debate since I haven't had one in a very long time.
Posted by Lukas8 2 years ago
Lukas8
The god doesnt exists, and it never has.