Stupidape
MWonderWolf

God(s) Exists.

MWonderWolf has forfeited round #1.

Stupidape

Con

Outline.

I. Intro
II. Can't 100% prove a negative, but can get very close
A. Evolutionary psychology
B. Multiverse, big bang theory, etc
III. Do agnostics truly believe there is a 50/50 chance of God existing?
IV. Do you believe the Earth is flat, Elvish is still alive, the sun revolves are the Earth?
V. Conclusion
VI. Sources

I. Intro

I will argue that there are no Gods at all. I left the topic as it is so people that are both monotheistic and polytheistic can argue. The likely hood of God existing is the same that as that of the tooth fairy existing.

Its not possible to prove a negative, but you can get really close to 100%. Think unicorns, the more technology we develop and forests we cut down, the more sure we can be that they don't exist.

A. Evolutionary psychology

Many religious people ask "why is God so pan-human? Surely, God must exist then." I like this theory on why we believe in religion and God. "Yet another explicable feature of religion is signs of expertise in occult knowledge. If you're the one who knows mysterious but important arcane knowledge, then other people will defer to you." [1]

Think about it, if a person has the expertise in occult knowledge gene, that person will have an evolutionary advantage. That person will be more likely to have his/her belly full, mate, and pass on his/her genes.

B. Multiverse, big bang theory, etc

Many question how the universe began. There is the multiverse, big bang theory, primordial soup, and evolution to explain.

I find this a silly question, but an agnostic implies there is a 50/50 chance. I don't think this view gives much credit to science.

To people who still believe in God after reading, I ask you the above questions. Do you think the sun revolves around the Earth? Why or why not?

V. Conclusion

Science has already answered most of the big questions in my opinion. Yet, people still believe in God and murder innocents in the name of God. Thanks for reading and good luck.

VI. Sources
1. http://ffrf.org...
Posted by MWonderWolf 10 months ago
MWonderWolf
How come this doesn't work anymore?