chokerboy12345
Mharman

God says rape is ok

Mharman has forfeited round #3.

chokerboy12345

Pro

Hello and welcome to my debate on whether God thinks rape is ok or not. I am talking about the Abrahamic God. I am a Christian and will be taking the pro side.

Lets have a serious debate.
Mharman

Con

Here we go.
chokerboy12345

Pro

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

You not only get away with rape, you also get a wife. You just have to pay her dad some money, which often happened even in cases of non-rape related marriages.
Mharman

Con

Here is my premise.

If God punishes people for rape, then he says that rape is bad. If God states that rape is bad, then he is not okay with it. Thus, to disprove my opponent's claims, all I need to do is proves that God punishes rapists.

First, let us take a look at Deuteronomy 22:25-29

"If out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her." Verses 25-27

The Lord continues with,

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives." Verses 28-29

Allow me to start with verses 25-27.

The Lord states that if a man rapes an engaged woman, he is to be put to death and the woman is to be left alone. This clearly a punishment, meaning that the Lord is not okay with rape.

Now for verses 28-29.

If a man raped a woman in this case, he would have to marry her and pay a 50 Shekel fine to his father. This fine is the modern-day equivalent of $12,144 US dollars. This is a hefty fine and a clear punishment. Furthermore he now has to marry. At first this may seem cruel the the unengaged woman, but it isn't. In the time period, if a woman did not have a husband, she would either sell herself as a slave or as a prostitute in order to take care of herself. By being married to the man, she is saved form that. Furthermore, by being married with the woman, the rapist is now burdened by having to take care of her, adding to the expenses. This is also a punishment.

Thus, God opposes rape.
chokerboy12345

Pro

A rapist must be put to death only if the girl is already married or engaged. That is not because he is raping her, it is because he is forcing adultery, which is another sin for which you get a death sentence.

So, the only "punishment" is the 50 shekels, or the $12,144 US dollars and he has to take care of the girl. So, if a disgusting man wants to make a wife out of the girl of his dreams but she refuses him, all he has to do is rape her and pay the fine. That is truly not a punishment.

The girl is definitely being punished. Do you think she is getting a good deal being forced to marry a rapist? Do you think rapists are good people? Most likely, they were dirty, disgusting animals. Psychopaths. Sadists. Sadists, who get hot young wives as prizes for raping. God truly loves men more than women.
Posted by Mharman 2 months ago
Mharman
That's your rebuttal?! You're done, son.
Posted by CreationGuy 3 months ago
CreationGuy
@chokerboy12345

Here's another helpful article

https://www.gotquestions.org...
Posted by CreationGuy 3 months ago
CreationGuy
@chokerboy12345

Book, chapter, verse in the Bible plz.....

I think someone is misapplying and using bad hermeneutics..... because the "true" God of the bible will never condone rape.....

http://apologeticspress.org...
Posted by PowerPikachu21 3 months ago
PowerPikachu21
I'm pretty sure that God didn't directly say 'rape is good', but I remember someone bringing up a quote about such.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 months ago
dsjpk5
Would we be debating if God can be quoted from the scriptures saying "Rape is ok"?