Mr.Black
socialpinko

God should be brought into schools more.

socialpinko

Mr.Black

Pro

Since we are talking about God, we are saying God as a person, therefore g on God should be capitalized. There are gods, but we are using God as the creator of Earth. God as in the king of all gods.

Also God comes with Christianity. Therefore letting us pray in school and have certain rights.

Same basic rules, no vulgar language etc etc. but most importantly no attacking my beliefs. You can say he isn't real, just nothing like calling me an idiot for believing it or trying to prove me wrong that he exists.

Definition for Christian: a person that confesses with their mouth and believes in their heart that God is coming back for all of us, and believes in his existence.
socialpinko

Con

As this is a policy debate I am assuming that my opponent is not talking about private schools where God may be incorporated into the curriculum or school activities, and my opponent means that God should be brought into public schools.

My opponent also seems to be specifically advocating schools to incorporate the Christian God specifically into their schools. Now I will start out this debate and show why public schools ought to stay completely secular with no supporting or showing favor to religious ideas(namely the Christian God).

I will first cite the first amendment as it pertains to religion.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

This means that the government legally cannot favor any type of religion or non-religion in a publicly funded school. I believe this is all that is needed to effectively show why bringing God into schools is a gross violation of the Constitution.

Vote Con

Mr.Black

Pro

Yes I realize this. But you have to see that by taking our religion out. Is favoring the other. Allowing us not to pray, is taking our religion OUT of schools....so that makes room for other beliefs. That does not seem fair to me. does it? Public schools don't teach creation, but evolution is.

Vote Pro
socialpinko

Con

//"But you have to see that by taking our religion out. Is favoring the other."//

Taking religion out of school does exactly that, it takes religion our of school so that there is no favoring of any specific religion. My opponent has not shown a single religion which is favored by keeping religion out of school and will not find one.

//"Allowing us not to pray, is taking our religion OUT of schools....so that makes room for other beliefs."//

That is exactly what it does and I will not argue about that. And it does not make room for other beliefs as if it's a religion, it is kept out of school. I challenge my opponent to find one religion which is favored by this.

//"Public schools don't teach creation, but evolution is."//

Public schools do not teach creationism because there is no Bible class in a secular public school. Creationism is not actually science and therefore has no place in a science class. Evolution is a non-religious scientific theory. People of all religions and non-religion accept and deny evolution's validity. If my opponent can show why evolution is inherently connected to any religion then he would be right that it should not be taught in schools. However he will not be able to do this as the theory of evolution was created, tested, and verified independent of any religion.

My opponent has yet to show why favoring the Christian god in schools would not be a violation of the Constitution.

Vote Con.
Mr.Black

Pro

Okay...I will break it down as much as possible.

You have a school, lets say two religions for this example. It's 50/50. Stay with me.
You take one completely out. Now its 50/0. That opens it for the remaining 50 or another belief. Now that makes it unfair. One is completely out. Even one is being taught. How is this not favoring one?

Now do you see what I'm saying?
socialpinko

Con

I don't think I can summarize my opponent's argument in a better wat than simply quoting it below.

//"You have a school, lets say two religions for this example. It's 50/50. Stay with me.
You take one completely out. Now its 50/0. That opens it for the remaining 50 or another belief. Now that makes it unfair. One is completely out. Even one is being taught. How is this not favoring one?"//

I am not suggesting that only one religion be taken out of school. I am suggesting that ALL religions be taken out of school. Here is a quote of me saying this in R1.

"..public schools ought to stay completely secular with no supporting or showing favor to religious ideas"

I do not think that just one religion should be taken out while leaving in another. In order to be in accordance with the law, public schools cannot show favor to ANY religions whatsoever. So my opponent is clearly wrong in saying that one religion would be being favored.

As my opponent brings no new arguments in the last round I will end here. I have completely and utterly refuted my opponent's argument that public schools shouls show favor to the Christian religion by simply citing the 1st amendment. My opponent has absolutely no argument and therefore I urge a Con vote.
Posted by Sonic234 5 years ago
Sonic234
there are certain principles in the bible which promote harmony, theirs no doubt about that, and should be (if not already) encouraged at every school( this is of course assuming that unity is what the majority of schools strive for) but i feel that imposing beliefs upon people will end very badly, since it violates ones sense of freedom .
Posted by Mr.Black 6 years ago
Mr.Black
Okay haha ill admit that sometimes i have a good point but the way i describe it is waayyy off.

But i will say wizkid345, that what you expierenced, is NOT christanity. And im very sorry you had to go through that. I don't like christians like that. I don't try to shove my opinion in peoples faces and neither should other people, thats one of the reasons why it should be brought into schools to realize what it really is. I mainly just did this debate so i could vote on other debates.
Posted by wizkid345 6 years ago
wizkid345
What pro doesn't realize is that christanity is strong in most schools already. I my self have bean told numerous tiimes "Your going to hell" but the one time it hit me the hardest is when it came out of a grade 1th mouth. And the shame of being draged out every morning so they could do there bible studies. Everyone starts asking why, you cant imagine that kind of thing. But then after 8 years of it your in high school and you find out they never even did it legaly. now your probally think why not tell the school board, but you know what they say "that problems must be brought up by the princple". Will that worked out well he's a christian crazy jerk, you would not believe how many times he tried to get me to change
Posted by RDRitchey14 6 years ago
RDRitchey14
The pro , is just an idiot! Disgrace to supporting christianity, you have no logic or reasoning!
Posted by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
"No religion is a religion."

This is the funniest thing I've read all day! That's like saying it's impossible to never eat fruit because not eating fruit is in itself a fruit.

Also you weren't arguing that religion can never be taken out of school. You were arguing that the Christian god should be brought into school more. Read the resolution.
Posted by Mr.Black 6 years ago
Mr.Black
Did I ever say to Favor the Christianity? No. Taking religion out is completely unrealistic.

No religion is a religion.

And as for the other comment, I haven't tried shoving my religion down your throat and say your an 'idiot' so it gives you no right do to that to me. If you don't see that, that you are most definently not mature enough to be on here.

ps- God is very much real. Just because you can't see him, doesn't mean he isn't real. I hope you will see that. I'll be praying for you. God bless
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
Aww don't worry, you aren't an idiot for believing in God. You're just an idiot. :)
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
lol
Vote Placed by Lightkeeper 6 years ago
Lightkeeper
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: My only criticism of Con is that he quited the Establishment Clause. The issue for debate was not whether introducing "God" to schools would require constitutional change (legal issue) but whether "God" ought to be introduced into schools.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: "I don't think I can summarize my opponent's argument in a better wat than simply quoting it below." I hope God does not replace grammar.
Vote Placed by tornshoe92 6 years ago
tornshoe92
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was incoherent and made baseless assumptions about con's arguments.
Vote Placed by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Fish. Barrels.
Vote Placed by XimenBao 6 years ago
XimenBao
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave no advantages to bringing God into schools more, and the entirety of his argument seems to be he personally thinks its unfair that if religion is removed, non religious beliefs can still be taught, although he gave no reason why that was bad. Even if con posted nothing, there's no basis for a pro vote.
Vote Placed by anarcholibertyman 6 years ago
anarcholibertyman
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro began to argue that schools should favor his religion but then got side tracked into arguing that schools had to favor some religion. Sources go to con for citing the 1st amendment.
Vote Placed by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
Mr.BlacksocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had absolutely horrible grammar.