scorpionclone
Issa

God speaks against Gays, Lesbians, and Bi-Sexuals

scorpionclone

Pro

Professing to be a Christian, you must know that the Bible speaks directly against, homosexuality, Gay Marriage and Bi-Sexuals. How do you profess to be both Christian and a Bi-Sexual? Doesn't this represent a hypocritical standpoint in your faith?
Issa

Con

Okay for one thing STOP STALKING ME!!!!

Any ways…

I know the bible does look down on me being bi-sexual but sooner or later I will change. I'm sure I won't be like this forever and when I do change I will try to get right with God. For now I'm living and loving. Kay? Also how am I supposed to know if it's hypocritical?
scorpionclone

Pro

John 8: 31-32

To those who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

"Also how am I supposed to know if it's hypocritical?"

Hypocrite:
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

It's one thing to know that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour.It's an entirely different thing to actually follow his word and do his will.

John 8: 47

He who belongs to God hears what God says.

Being a christian is not just saying "I believe in Jesus, therefore I'm saved."
(Even Satan and his demons beleive in Christ)

When you accepted Christ there should have been a change in your heart. There should have been an uderstanding that you are a sinner, and you need saving from your sins.Accepting Jesus is not a license to sin, or an expectation that because I accepted Christ he is going to allow me to continue in my sins.

If you are saved you should have the holy spirit in your heart that will convict you of the sin that is going against God. Yes God forgives us of our sins when we truly repent of our sin.

REPENT means:

To feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often fol. by of): He repented after his thoughtless act.
2. to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.

The question is have you truly repented for your sin, and made a decision to turn from all sin. This is true salvation. If your answer is "I'm gonna change when I'm ready to change." Then you will never be ready to change. The Devil will keep yo a slave to sin.

Even the devil beleives in Jesus, but a true act of belief is to respond to God and "do" what he says to do.

It's true, again God forgives sin. and if you truly can say that you have repented of the sin and have turned from it, then you are saved from destruction. But please don't say your saved and God's cool with it and I'm going to continue in my sin.

You said yourself you know that it's wrong. But your going to continue in it anyway. It's not my word that is calling you out. It's God's word that demands faithfulness to him. He says if you truly love me. you will do what I command you. Obey my word.

"The chains of habit are too weak to be felt, until they are too strong to be broken." -Unknown

don't take this as an attack. And people will try to justify the sin and say it's alright, that guy is just judgemental and isn't open to accepting open lifestyle.

This is not true. I believe it's wrong no question. But we live in a free country where people are free to choose what they want to for their life. But please don't say your a christian and then say that God is ok with being bi-sexual or gay. God hates the sin but loves the sinner. If you love God, don't continue in this sin.

If you have these feelings, sometimes the first step is just trying not to act on them, pray for strength to overcome the addiction, or sin.

And depend on God to change. Are you really saved, the bible says you will know them by thier fruit, meaning thier actions.

We are saved not by our works, but are saved to do good works.

Are you living up to be everything God has in store for you? Don't miss the blessing that GOd has planned once you are able to conquer this challenge. I am mainly concerned that you may not understand what it takes to be a christian. It's not easy saying no to the flesh and not doing that which our body wants to do. It's the sin that is in our flesh and in the world that wants to rationalize it and say this one sin is ok, but I won't do any other sins.

Perpetual Sin is not the sign of a believer. Think about it
Issa

Con

So are you saying that you think God will turn away someone who truely loves Him with all their heart but is gay? People don't choose to be gay it just happens. No one just wakes up in the morning and says "I think I'll be gay for the rest of my life." You have to grow up with it, you have to feel it. Why do you think the little awkward girly boy you sat behind in second grade is hitting on every guy you know?

Even though someone is gay it doesn't give you the right to look down on them for it. They are who they are. I always encourage my girlfriends to come to church on Sunday and Wednesday, to bible study and mass. I love them enough to try and save them.

I'm almost positive everyone has to have done something gay once in their lives whether you were drunker than a circus monkey on New Years or you did it out of pure will, whether it was an action or just a thought. Everyone has it in them to be gay. You think God doesn't know those things? You think you can hide it? He knows and unless you can remember really clearly what you did and repent for it then by what you're saying you'll end up in hell.

As I have stated earlier I understand that God looks down on it but that doesn't necessarily mean He will condemn you to hell. Also I know it isn't okay and one day I will come to realize that today is just not that day. I understand that you are trying to help me, but I just can't change in half a heartbeat and not feel sexually attracted to women anymore. It's not that simple, it's a long drawn out process that I know will deteriorate over time just not soon.
scorpionclone

Pro

"So are you saying that you think God will turn away someone who truely loves Him with all their heart but is gay? People don't choose to be gay it just happens. No one just wakes up in the morning and says "I think I'll be gay for the rest of my life."

God will not turn anyone away. That's what is truly beautiful about the Christian faith, it's open to all. But you have to actually turn to God for him to forgive you.

I don't agree with the statement that people are born gay. (you for example like both men and women, you are choosing to be bi-sexual. Just as easily as you could choose to like only one sex or the other.) This would mean that God makes mistakes God is perfect. I would more likely agree that environment plays a role in someone choosing to be gay or making the choice to be gay. You have to ask youself, is this truly something that I have given over to God. Am I willing to trust God with my entire life or only the areas of my life that I feel comfortable with.

Your faith in Jesus to accept you in your continual sin is very dangerous.

James 2:14

Faith and Deeds
14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Please don't walk away from this debate thinking I'm judging you, I am only trying to help you understand that the Jesus you claim to know and love, is not the Jesus of the bible. If he were, you would feel convicted of this issue and want to change, not tomorrow, not when your ready, but right now!

The bible says it is by his wounds we are healed, He shed his blood on the cross, a demeaning and desperate death that killed our Lord and Saviour, the creator of the hevens and the earth.

He loved us that much, and if we think that we can continue in our sin, that this does not break the heart of God, we are lost. If you love me, you will obey my word God says.

Do you love him? Are willing to make that change today? Ask God to give you the strngth to change, the desire to change, and you know what? He will because he does love you, he wants you to love and honor him, and the sacrifice he made for you. Please don't put him back up on that cross. He already died and rose. We can conquer sin, because he freed us from the sin. It's a choice we have to make.

Do we mess up? Yes
Do we make mistakes? Yes
Do we repent and try again daily until we conquer the thiing that holds us back? Yes Lord, I am willing

<>

Yes, it's called sin, and this is the why the world is coming under judgement. The old testament speaks out against it as well as the new testament. The argument that "Well that was just the old testament, that condemned homosexuaity" that's like saying God changed his mind and he's cool with it now, even though he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone. doesn't make any logocal sense. the bible says God is the same today tomorrow and forever.

Are you willing to love God not only in word but in deed?

Colossians 3: 5
Rules for Holy Living

5Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator
Issa

Con

Okay good points...

If being gay, bi-sexual, or lesbian was honestly that bad why don't you take a good hard look at the ten commandments?

1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing.

3.Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

4.Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

5.Honour thy father and thy mother.

6.Thou shalt not kill.

7.Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8.Thou shalt not steal.

9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

10.Thou shalt not covet

While God is against being gay He is against these also. Since you say that me repenting but not fully giving it up is pointless, you're talking to everybody. No one can repent and follow all of the ten commandments. Everyone has put something before God at one point, even if you don't realize that you did, and probably still do. Most of us have taken the Lord's name in vain. All of us have forgotten the Sabbath for whatever reason it may be and still do. All of us have been mad at our parents one day if not many more. All of us have killed (no not necessarily murder, but it means to hate). We have all committed adultery with someone rather than their spouse(whether it was lusting or sex). Most of us have stolen something hell my friend once stole a taco and a slush before just for the fun of it. EVERYONE has lied there is no doubt about it at all and we still do. Last but not least we have all wanted something someone else has.

Everyone who does these things think that since they've repented they can still do them so I ask you how is it that much different from being gay??
Posted by Hierocles 3 years ago
Hierocles
@Scorpionclone, speaking of commands of God as revealed in Leviticus, do you eat pork? Do you shave the side of the face? Do you wear clothing of mixed fibers? Do you ever eat a little fat or blood when you eat steak? Do you ever eat seafood?

If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, then according to your logic, you must repent from all of these actions in order to be a Christian. Each of the above mentioned actions is banned in the book of Leviticus.

Do you believe that it is sinful to mix crops in the same field? How about eating fruit from a tree after 3 years of planting it? How about permanently selling land? All of these actions are banned by the book of Leviticus. Why don't you create a debate stating your Christian integrity on whether or not you eat pork?

Do you believe that all of the above mentioned actions are as sinful as being gay? If not, why not, they are banned in the bible. What's the difference?

<http://leviticusbans.tumblr.com...;
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
There are many more regulations than the 10 commandments. See Leviticus.
Posted by HellKat 8 years ago
HellKat
Drugs and homosexuality are not the same thing. Being sexually attracted to somebody of the same sex is not a choice and it isn't really dangerous to your health.

You speak of animals being made male and female for each other. Homosexuality occurs naturally withing the animal kingdom in many species and not simply for sexual gratification, many species enter into life long partnerships with the same sex, some will use a member of the opposite sex to concieve and then when the baby is born they force them away, raising it together as many human homosexual couples do.
Posted by scorpionclone 8 years ago
scorpionclone
I don't think saying something like "If it feels good do it" is the best advice for you. This is the wrong advice if you truly want to know the will of God. Now if you want to go on sinning, for now, and then change when your ready. By all means try, but I promise you that the deeper you get into a lifestyle the harder it is to go back. I know from my own experiences with addictions to drugs and such that knowing someting is wrong and then actually doing something about it are two different things.

In Him
Posted by scorpionclone 8 years ago
scorpionclone
To profess to be a Christian means to "repent" of your sins and turn away from them.

Repent: to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc. (often fol. by of): He repented after his thoughtless act.

Now if you can honestly say that you have repented of your sin, but still choose to be gay, then I think your confused. Jesus does love you, and wants to mold you and change you into what a righteous and holy person modeled after him. To be a Christian is to be Christ Like. Can you truly say that you are changing your ways so that you can be more like him?

Let's be honest here. Obviously you haven't read the bible enough to know that homosexuality is wrong and against the teaching of Christ. think about it, God created each animal male and female, after it's own kind. God created Adam and then Eve for him to have a helpmate, because he was lonely. At no time does the bible ever promote a lifestyle that is homosexual. And if you are truly saved, God will speak to your heart and convict of the sin so that you can then "repent" (turn away) and change your life for God's glory. But please don't tell me that God excuses your bahviour, don't confuse unconditional love with a ticket to sin. Search you heart, ask God and pray if this is truly how he wants you to live. Or is the devil deceiving you and making you think that homosexuality is okay!

In Christ
Posted by Issa 8 years ago
Issa
Thank you!
Posted by HellKat 8 years ago
HellKat
As long as that's what you feel that's all that's important.
Posted by Issa 8 years ago
Issa
I knew when I accepted this I was going to lose, but I wanted to make a point and I'm sure I have. like hellkat said being homosexual is not in the ten comandments, aka the rules we break every day of our lives and I know God looks down on it, but I am comfortable with my sexuality and I know for a fact that Jesus Christ loves me with all His heart, just like I love Him.
Posted by HellKat 8 years ago
HellKat
There is no "Thou shalt not be gay." in the commandments.
Posted by snicker_911 8 years ago
snicker_911
Yeah? Well, you can't just pick and choose part of the religion you like and flush down the part you don't like. If that's the way you want it, being gay and Christian, then I guess your saying if the priest decides knocking off the last two Commandments will benefit his schedule then that's ok too. Well, it's not okay. You can't just pick and choose to follow half the rules of a school, but then disobey the ones you don't like. You'll get in trouble, you'll get expelled, it's also unfair to bring your cellphone to school, but other students have to listen and follow the school's rules. I know I slip up once in a while and chew gum in school, but "somehow" school doesn't seem as important to me as God... anyway, I just used school example, so you can see more clearly what I mean by picking and choosing.
Vote Placed by Hierocles 3 years ago
Hierocles
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Reasons for voting decision: For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:2
Vote Placed by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by SnoopyDaniels 8 years ago
SnoopyDaniels
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by numa 8 years ago
numa
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by Mattowander 8 years ago
Mattowander
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by number5rules 8 years ago
number5rules
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by batmanfr3ak01 8 years ago
batmanfr3ak01
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by scr3amofr3ak 8 years ago
scr3amofr3ak
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by swicksports 8 years ago
swicksports
scorpioncloneIssaTied
Vote Placed by InkSlinger4 8 years ago
InkSlinger4
scorpioncloneIssaTied