God who is the Lord Jesus Christ is is very real and I will prove Jesus Christ is God

God who is the Lord Jesus Christ is is very real

Rules for this debate

Number 1. no abuses

Number 2. no swearing

Number 3. no going off the Topic

I agree to the rules set forth in R1.

I will clarify what position I am taking in this debate. Regarding god, I believe in what I call the 'Verificationist Method'. I do not believe in blanket statements like 'god exists' or 'god does not exists'. Instead, the verificationist method asks two essential questions: what are you defining as god, and what is the evidence that this god exists? Once these two questions have been satisfactorily answered, I will tell you if I believe in 'god' or not. I expect Pro to answer these questions in R2.

We should also pay attention to the burden of proof. The resolution states 'God who is the Lord Jesus Christ is is very real and I will prove Jesus Christ is God'. Pro, by his own admission, has the burden of proof in this debate.

[Underlines are mine.]

This is all I have to say for R1. Good luck to Pro, and I hope we both learn something.

OK I will answer Con questions Con said this to me the verificationist method asks two essential questions: what are you defining as god, and what is the evidence that this god exists?

/ Me Quote Me Saying I will say that God is a Spirit being the Bible proves of God who is a spirit the Bible says in John 4:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

/ Me Quote so define who God is God is a Spirit person who is Eternal being :)

/ Me Quote Me Saying how do I believe God who is Jesus Christ is real is people Testimony's the eye witness accounts there where people who actually seen Jesus Christ there where Matthew Mark Luke and John and many more people who have seen Jesus Christ I have seen Jesus Christ in dreams and visions here is my Proof and Evidence God who is Jesus Christ being very real I had a vision of seeing Jesus Christ, is their where people in the water and they where be tossed around in the waves; then i heard a voice then when i looked i beheld seeing Jesus flying throw the air over to this one ship. where their was a dove their,' it was very grate Jesus looks like he has water within his belly and Jesus looks like me or u. 2ed vision i had of seeing Jesus one night I went to sleep then i was sounded by those mean guys right then they where all pointing at this one part; and they said it is him it is Jesus of Nazareth, then I looked then i sore Jesus Christ it was like yea, then Jesus Christ came to help me Jesus Christ had a bow and he was smiling I could see Jesus smiling. 3 vision i had of seeing Jesus, OK I will tell how i seen Jesus Christ in a vision. OK one night I went to sleep and then I seen this dark person, and this dark person was trying to draw me to it,' I yelled at the dark person i said i am free from the law of sin and death by the blood of Jesus Christ. then suddenly,' I heard this wonderful voice up in the sky started to speak in unknown Tongues, then the grown start to shake then as the grown started to shake i then felt a pulling upwards up into the clouds then as I was going up I felt this grate love, Joy, and Peace, fallowing throw me and I was smiling I can Remember it so clearly and as I went up into the clouds. then as the clouds faded away; then I sore with my very eyes Jesus I sore water within him, his face was side on he was moving and their was thunder in the distances, and when I seen Jesus Christ I heard Jesus say devil take your hands of my children they are mind, so Jesus was very angry with the devil, then all I remember is going back down and this big fire it was like a big fire ball coming down and it was like a protection for me. and then as i went out of the vision I seen where that evil person was it was all fire there is a bible verse in 2 Kings 1:14 2 Kings 1:14
Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 Behold, fire came down from heaven and burned up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties. Therefore let my life now be precious in your sight. Isaiah 24:1
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Isaiah 24

1 BEHOLD, THE Lord will make the land and the [a]earth empty and make it waste and turn it upside down (twist the face of it) and scatter abroad its inhabitants. and that is the vision of what i had of seeing the Lord Jesus Christ

/ Me Quote Me Saying here is proof and Evidence that God who is Jesus Christ is real God who is Jesus Christ dose Miracles here is proof and Evidence of a women who was healed by Jesus

/ Me Quote Me saying here is proof God who is Jesus Christ can talk to me here is Proof and Evidence right here watch this proof and Evidence of God who is Jesus Christ talking through me to speak to Patrick :)

/ Me Quote and no one can prove me wrong :)

Well, that was um...all very interesting.

Pro defines god as a spirit. In all honesty, this definition isn't very helpful. What is a spirit? What does it do? What is its role in my life? What are its plans? I understood Pro's definition, but it didn't lead me any closer to understanding his conception of god.

Pro mentions eye-witness accounts, but are these accounts really eye-witness? What first-hand accounts exist about Jesus Christ? Have we found any writings that say, 'Dear diary, today Jesus came to my village'? Of course that's a joke, but we haven't found any actual first-hand accounts. The youngest accounts come three decades after Jesus was alleged to have existed.

(Note: I'm not arguing for the Jesus myth. Just that the evidence has been overstated.)

I think Pro is severely overestimating the conclusions that one can make from a dream. His argument is more or less, 'I saw Jesus in a dream, therefore he exists'. This is simply a non-sequitur. Something does not exist because you have dreamed about it. Pro gives us no reason to think that his dream is anything more than a dream.

Consider the following:

'I once had a dream where I was traveling to Rivendell with Frodo, Aragorn, Pippin, and Merry. On our way there, we were attacked by five ringwraiths, and Frodo was injured. Aragorn went out and found some leaves to try and treat the wound a little. After I woke up, I decided to re-read The Fellowship of the Ring. As it turns out, my dream was exactly like the events in the book. This led me to believe that Middle-Earth actually exists, and J.R.R. Tokien is a prophet communicating the holy word.'

This is clearly absurd. Yet, this is exactly the type of logic that Pro expects us to accept. If his dream can lead us to believe in god, why can't my dream lead us to believe in LOTRism?

Pro gives us a video of an alleged miracle. This video is very poor in quality, so I was unable to clearly understand what the person's claim was. Furthermore, the description was just a giant run-on, and it did not have a single period. Pro will have to excuse me if I'm a little bit confused.

I'll put forth the following question: why hasn't god healed anybody in a way that could not have happened anyways? Consider the case of ESPN reporter Hannah Storm, who suffered massive third-degree burns from a grilling accident. Her appearance is much different from what it used to be, kindly worded. If god truly performed miracles, why not make it to where Hannah Storm can wake up one morning and look exactly like she did before the accident? The evidence of such an event would be undeniable, considering Mrs. Storm's high public profile. We would have a documented miracle that is completely undeniable and irrefutable. Yet, god decides that it's better for us to rely on anecdotal evidence that cannot be independently verified! Your omniscient god can easily perform an undeniable and irrefutable miracle, and he instead relies on something else? What absurdity!

Perhaps Pro feels that Jesus Christ has spoken to him. Indeed, neuroscience shows that the parts of the brain that control speech are activated when one prays. However, this is true for prayer to any god. Either the people praying are under a delusion, or all of those gods exist as well. Which seems more likely?

In conclusion, Pro has not provided a logical case for belief.

Dale.G forfeited this round.

Dale.G forfeited this round.

Dale.G forfeited this round.

Posted by Aceviper2011 3 years ago
He is right, you know what you have two days before answering, before you post your round, look at his debate history, and read his arguments against the guy below, and me, and also some other people. He will not show BoP, he will only quote the bible, nothing else. Have fun typholchactas, btw nice screen name
Posted by DeusMortisEst 3 years ago
@ Typhlochactas,
If you haven't encountered Dale.G before, get ready for the most hilarious opponent you'll ever face on this site.
Vote Placed by JasonGlenn 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con took the debate in round 2 and,,,, Dale forfeited.