LifeMeansGodIsGood
masterdrave

God will let you go your own way, all of the way to Hell.

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The Challenge title says it all for the first round argument. God will let you go to Hell. If you think God won't let you go to Hell, please tell me why. "God does not exist" is not the debate, the debate is not about the existence of God. This debate is about you going to Hell and God not stopping you if you don't care that you are going there.

This debate is not about "Hell does not exist" or "God does not exist". This debate is about why God should not let you go to Hell or why He should let you go to Hell.

God is God. No "define God" demands. Hell is Hell. real fire where sinners are confined in the heat forever. No "define hell" demands. Let's just have a debate.

Hell is reasonable and fair, it is appropriate justice from God against His creatures who have rebelled against Him and not sought His mercy. You can't say you have sought God's mercy if you never turned away from your favorite sin, be that pride or perversion (or both)

God will let you have and enjoy all of your sin as you go your own way, and He will let you go to Hell. He loves you and does not want you to go to Hell, but He will let you go there.

Anybody who takes this debate and says "you have to prove God is there" or "you have to prove Hell is real" or "define God" or define "Hell" forfeits this debate. If you don't' want to debate the topic, don't accept the challenge. If you violate these requirements, I will repeatedly copy and past these requirements in place of my arguments and declare that you have forfeited as clearly spelled out in these guidelines. You will probably win because a lot of voters have no respect for rules (which by the way, is their problem with God), but I will not argue anything other than within the debate challenge and guidelines, If you do not argue within the guidelines, we won't have a debate, and you are going your own way and you can guess where it will get you. By accepting this challenge, you agree to all terms. First round is for acceptance and argument.
masterdrave

Con

Oh, will He?
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Sure. Why not? I take it you won't believe it as long as you are not in Hell. God loves you and He does not want you to go to Hell and neither do I. Because God loves you, He will allow you to reject Him. The loss you suffer in rejecting Him will be all of His comforts, and there is only one place where you can get what you deserve for rejecting His love and refusing to willfully give your Creator the honor and the glory He is due for creating you. I think you know the name of that place, but I doubt that you want to believe you are going there.

Again, in answer to your brief but loaded question: Why not? Why should God not let you go your own way all the way to Hell?
masterdrave

Con

Yes, I totally agree friend.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

That sounds like a concession, so I guess there is no further need to put up more arguments in support of my position.
masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Apparently, my opponent completely agrees with everything I have said here. God is the God of Justice. He will let you go your own way all of the way to Hell fire if you dn't care about His offer of mercy through the blood He gave to pay for your sins when He took your death on Himself. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. God will let you perish in Hell if you don't care what He did for you by taking your death to save you from Hell. If you are not saved from Hell, A. Admit you are a sinner. B. Beliieve Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave bodily C) Call on God in Jesus's name to save you and Jesus will come in to you and you will be a child of God, born of His Holy Spirit, and heaven will be your home forever.
masterdrave

Con

masterdrave forfeited this round.
Posted by sconifer 2 years ago
sconifer
Oops, sorry. I meant "just," obviously, not "unjust."
Posted by vgrandja 2 years ago
vgrandja
God care about his sheep going to hell. He wants us to follow Him, live as Christians.

I have read the Bible a bit and can say that the things I found in it, God has placed the Commandments to protect us from ourselves (the decisions we make).
Posted by sconifer 2 years ago
sconifer
Being omnibenevolent and letting people go to hell are logically incompatible. If it is given that a mother loves her child, then it follows logically that, no matter how woefully or wantonly that child might sin, she would not subject him to everlasting torture. Since all earthly suffering is temporary and relatively fleeting (in the cosmic scheme of things), and eternal damnation is by definition permanent, eternal damnation is ipso facto an excessive and disproportionate punishment for any finite wrong (of finite manitude and with finie effects). So, if God exists but sends anyone to hell, even the most unrepentant sinner, then he is far less than all-loving. Whether he could still be unjust is a separate question (to which most reasonable and rational people would immediately say "NO!!!"), but since most theists - including that fortunately dwindling lot who also believe in hell - regard God as all-loving, the argument above suffices to answer Pro's challenge and nip the entire debate in the bud.

Yay!
Posted by Mootypotuty 2 years ago
Mootypotuty
I do not believe in fairytales with no proof so I'm going to disagree with everything "god" had ever said
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
i would like to accept but cannot. Could you invite me or lower the acceptance criteria?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
LifeMeansGodIsGoodmasterdraveTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture