God would not incarnate himself

Round 1 - Opening Arguments Only (No rebuttals)
Round 2 - Rebuttals Only
Round 3 - Counter-Rebuttals
Round 4 - Counter-Rebuttals
Round 5 - Closing Arguments and Closing Statements

(One round can be FF if there is not enough time but try your best to avoid it)

Hebrew Bible (tanakh "old" testament) only must be use to prove you argument. This is to see if the New Testament is really inspired or if it contradicts the Hebrew Bible.

Well If i remember correctly, He put his spirit into jesus in the old testament. And jesus is just a piece of god, so what is saying he wouldnt do it again.

Thank you for accepting the debate.

God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Number 23:19

In other words, G-d is not a want, so he does not lie. The purpose of that is not to show that G-d is not a man, but to show that because he is not a man, he does not lie.

Let's now look at Deuteronomy 4

Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live.

So, this is specific for those at Mount Horeb (Sinai). G-d said to not forget what their eyes saw! And what did their eyes saw?

Remember the day you stood before the Lord your God at Horeb, when he said to me, "Assemble the people before me to hear my words so that they may learn to revere me as long as they live in the land and may teach them to their children." 11 You came near and stood at the foot of the mountain while it blazed with fire to the very heavens, with black clouds and deep darkness. 12 Then the Lord spoke to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form; there was only a voice.

So the people at Sinai saw No form, no body, only a form.

You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt.

Here He repeats it twice. The people who stood at the feet of the mountain saw no form. Thus G-d said be care not to worship

And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

Here we have the word "host". This specific word includes people...

So, Because G-d does not lie and the people of Israel were ask not to worship anything they have not see at mount Horeb, thus G-d would not decide to become a man. If not, he would have lied to His People, the children of Israel.

SacredBread forfeited this round.

I will wait for my opponent rebuttal.

Well i cant argue with the bible, but, God already has incarnated himself, Jesus was god, His spirit was in the child, he was a human at this time. I believe that he would do it again. if the fate of man depended on it i believe he would incarnate himself and help save us, unless he intended for it.

"Well i cant argue with the bible"

Which Bible? The Jewish Bible , The Christian Bible ((old new testament), the Mormon Bible (old new testament book of mormons)

The New Testament can be true only if it does not contradict the "old" testament. I have shown why I believe it does. Thus, if G-d would not incarnate himself and HE is not a liar nor a man then we can be sure that Jesus was not G-d, and we can be sure that we should throw the non (new) testament in the garbage...

It is my belief that the only inspire word of G-d is found in the Hebrew Bible for that reason and thus because the new testament is totally in opposition to the Hebrew Bible, we should no consider it as inspired.

I Meant the christian bible, But I guess i cant rebuttal that all i could say is my Theory i have recently developed. God is From a highly advanced race from a distant galaxy. He will come back in our time of need and save the world. I know from the churches ive been to and Bibles ive read that he will come back.

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God." "You have said so," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place"" (Mark 13:26-30)

Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away." (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

I think it's clear that Jesus was supposed to come back in the first century.

I know from the churches ive been to and Bibles ive read that he will come back.
Blessed are those who believe without seeing.

Jesus is not G-d as per the Hebrew scriptures. G-d would not come an be a man.

Since this is the last round i want to say thx for a good debate on my first one, And I cant remember which book or verse but it says, that you must be baptized in the name of the father, the son, and the holyghost notice it says name not names.
Posted by CapAhab 8 months ago
Posted by SacredBread 8 months ago
Just to be sure you're saying that he wouldnt?
Vote Placed by U.n 8 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited turn.