Started: 12/11/2013 Category: Arts

HI. I believe in god. Gog is the one who made us all. And I ask whoevr con is supposed to be:

If god isn't real, then whre'd you think you came from?

Only one round. Please don't make another.
12.. Must use logic!

Thank you. I'll try my best to read your arguments, but your grammar may make it difficult!

"If god is not real, where do you think you came from?"
My parents.

Pro's argument* is refuted.

He made more than one round, meaning he has broken his own rule already.

I must say, I find it to be a large stroke of luck that I found this debate before anyone else did. I thank pro for the debate, I'm not exactly sure if he's planning on posting new arguments in round two or not...

Vote Con.

Okay con. Thanks for insulting me.

Where'd your parents come from than sherlock homes?

1. I apologize if you're offended, but your grammar truly has been terrible. It has made your cases very hard to read. Let's look at this sentence, or his "new" arguments...

"Where'd your parents come from than sherlock homes?)
a) Forgets to capitalize the S and the H in Sherlock Holmes
b) Spells Holmes incorrectly
C) He put "Than" in the place of "Then"
d) The joke is bad
e) My grandparents.

Refuted. Horrible arguments made by pro.

SuperAwsomeMathDebator forfeited this round.
Posted by CIM96 2 years ago
The fact that imperfection in the world exists, the fact that there is evil in this world, constitutes the fact that there is a God. If the world was perfection, then God would be the world. As Sir Isaac Newton put it, "To every action (force applied) there is an equal but opposite reaction (equal force applied in the opposite direction)," therefore to counter supreme evil, there must be supreme good-God.
Posted by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
Honestly, although I do believe in God, the Instigator is getting PWNed.
@SuperAwesomeMathDebator-say "How was the galaxy created in the first place? Who or what created the Big Bang, then?"
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
Or these would work to:

Non-sentient force

Why can't the cause be an immaterial, causeless, eternal, powerful, spaceless, timeless, uncaused, non-sentient force that randomly creates things? Since this force was eternally creating things, one day the inevitable happened, energy, space, and time was created in a powerful reaction destroying everything including this force to create the two. The rest is history

Ekpyrotic Universe

This model says

"...our current universe arose from a collision of two three-dimensional worlds (branes) in a space with an extra (fourth) spatial dimension." []

The cause could have been just a collision of two universes in a cyclic way.

Three states of the universe come into being at the same time, State A causes B, which causes state C, which causes state A; all at the same time. The cause and effect exist simultaneously, all having causal explanations.

LA Mitchell's work ^ (Simultaneous causation)
Posted by Surrealism 2 years ago
So the way I see it, this is the way the argument will progress.

Pro: Where'd you come from?
Con: My parents.
Pro: Where'd your parents come from?
Con: My grandparents.
Pro: Where'd all of humanity come from?
Con: Slow process of evolution from bacteria.
Pro: Where'd the bacteria come from?
Con: Primordial soup.

And so on and so forth until...

Pro: Where'd the entire universe come from?

At which point, if I were the Con, I would respond with the Oscillating Universe Theory. Or we could skip this whole back and forth by simply pointing out Carl Sagan settled this whole "where'd everything come from" thing in the 70s.

"People would ask where did the universe come from. Some conclude that a God created the universe. If so, the logical next step is to ask where did a God come from. Some conclude that God is simply eternal. If so, why not save a step and simply conclude that the universe is eternal? Some conclude that God is the being that can exist without a creator. If so, why not save a step and conclude that the universe can exist without a creator?"