Debate_King1475
1Credo

God

1Credo

Debate_King1475

Con

I will be taking the side that God does not exist in the universe because the universe does not fit the requirements of a God existing in it. There are others reasons that God existing in the universe is unlikely but those are just a few.
1Credo

Pro

I accept. I'll have to be brief as each round has a 500 character limit.

P1) Everything that begins to exist has a cause
P2) The universe began to exist
C) Therefore, the universe has a cause

There is both scientific and philosophical evidence to think the universe had a beginning, including the Big Bang theory, the rate of expansion of the universe, and Hilbert's Hotel.

In order to win this debate, my opponent must (1) knock down my arguments (2) put forth at least 1 argument in favor of atheism.
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
1Credo

Pro

Vote Pro!
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
1Credo

Pro

Vote Pro!
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
1Credo

Pro

Vote Pro!
Debate_King1475

Con

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
1Credo

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the entire debate. Vote Pro!
Posted by sgiuggio 2 years ago
sgiuggio
Well thats good
Posted by sgiuggio 2 years ago
sgiuggio
I hope someone can be saved.
Posted by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
I did not make a "side account". You can take a look at all of my debates, as well as my opponent's debates (he has debated others besides me).
Posted by sgiuggio 2 years ago
sgiuggio
Well I thats to bad. I hope it can still help someone or him if he has doubts about God.
Posted by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
He made a side account to get an easy win.
Posted by sgiuggio 2 years ago
sgiuggio
Here are just a few examples of facts about the universe that provide evidence that God exist and show our universe fits the requirements of a God creating it. I would like to know a bit more about what you mean when you say the universe doesn't fit the requirements of him existing in it so I can help you see why it does.

The laws of physics are one example of evidence that God exist because they show there is an order and laws that govern the universe. If there are laws how did they come to be? Did they come from a random event? Doesn't it make more sense that laws would come form something els with order rather than from randomness? If the big bang theory is true there must be an intelligent designer behind it because randomness cant create a working order. If there is structure to the universe there is some intelligence creating it with structure. Also in biology so many things have complicated and intricate systems that allow them to function and live. The way all of life functions indicates there was careful and intelligent designer to make it all, not random events, its to complex and every system is so dependent on a certain factor working the way it does. All things in the universe are so dependent on everything els that random events could not explain there existence a random event should have made a mistake that would cause the system to fail. The very nature of the universe and the life in it show God was needed to create it. The fact that the universe has law and order plus the complexity of life point more toward an intentional creator rather than random creation.

I will have more if this doesn't help you just tell me. If you don't understand I can try and explain better. I hope this helps you see that God really did create everything so you can come to know him.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
What requirements does the universe have to have for God to exist or not to exist.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Debate_King14751CredoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
Debate_King14751CredoTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.