Sys
Giaramita

God

Sys has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Sys

Con

According to me there is existence of god
Giaramita

Pro

First of all, you chose the con side, you should be arguing against God's existence.

I would like to instigate the burden of proof. The burden of proof is the idea that one who is making a claim must prove the claim to be true, rather than the opposition to prove this as false. As you are making the claim that a God exists, you must provide evidence that this is so. You have only made a claim, so I haven't much to talk about.

In place of refuting your arguments I will rebut those of others. Some people who believe in God argue that everything has a cause and God is the 'cause' of the universe. This however is flawed reasoning, If everything has a cause, then what is the cause of God? If God can cause himself why can't the universe cause itself. God causing himself is impossible anyways. God didn't exist when he created himself so how did he create himself?

They also argue that somehow life started and, since science has no explanation for this, God must exist. This is flawed reasoning. If something is currently inexplicable, you still may not assert that it must be supernatural. Not being to explain something does NOT mean that the cause is supernatural.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 month ago
dsjpk5
Except you're con