God's Existence (Christian)

In this debate, intend to discuss the God of the Christian origin. As Con, I will be arguing that God does not exist. Thus my opponent will be arguing that God does exist. I wish to take this debate seriously, anyone that can prove that God is real, should accept.

God: A divine, supernatural, omniscient, omnipotent, personal, supreme being that is thought to have created life, moral values, and the universe.

Theist: Having the belief in a god/gods.

Atheist: Lacking the belief in god/gods.

Creationism: the belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.

Evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

Omniscient: All-knowing, knows past, present, future.

Omnipotent: having unlimited power; able to do anything.

Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

First round is acceptance only. Second round will be for arguments only. Third round and on is for arguments and rebuttals.

A forfeit is an automatic loss.

My accepting the debate, you accept all the definitions and rules. If you would like to question a rule or definition, please specify in the first round.

Do not limit your duties. Many religious debaters limit their task to proving that there is a possibility that God exists. This is obviously unfair, for I am arguing God does not exist, my opponent is arguing that God does exist.

Merriam Webster

I guess I'll just post this for my first round.

Thank you for accepting this debate Pro, and I look forward to its outcome.

“As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.”

Psalm 18:30

“You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

Matthew 5:48

“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; “

Psalm 19:7

From this evidence we can conclude without a doubt that God is deemed perfect. Something is deemed ‘perfect’ when it fits completely to an ideal standard of that thing, which entails that it cannot be any better. Therefore a perfect thing will have no flaws, defects, lacks, weaknesses, disadvantages; it will not possess any negative feature or lack of a positive feature that pushes it away from the ideal perfection. Since God is perfect, it cannot create imperfect things thus losing its perfection.

Things that we call "perfect" are usually exaggerations of real things. For example, you might wonder what a "perfect friend" might be like, yet no one has a perfect friend in real life. Anyone who says that they do is probably exaggerating. The same goes for intimate partners, children, pets, parents, bosses and employees, teachers, students, schools, jobs, and so on. Perfection in any of these categories tends to be an idealization of real things, where the good aspects are preserved and perfected while the bad aspects are eliminated. We can infer something said to be "perfect" is unlikely to exist because perfect things tend to be nonexistent idealizations of real things. Since perfect things are unlikely to exist and God is a perfect thing, it follows that it is unlikely that God exists.

• God is a perfect being that created the universe.

• If God exists, then the world is perfect before the creation of the universe.

• God would not make the world worse in virtue of his moral perfection.

• If God exists, then the world is perfect during and after the creation of the universe.

• If God exists, then the world is perfect.

• The world is imperfect.

• Therefore, God does not exist.

Now onto my second point.

People seem to believe that God is the most moral being in the universe. Part of this belief is that God does not have certain kinds of feelings. Although God may have the feeling of anger, God does not have the feelings of lust or envy. Moreover, part of this ordinary concept of God is that God knows more than anyone else. In particular the ordinary man supposes that God knows (at least) all that men know. However these two beliefs, once correctly understood, are logically incompatible.

A person who knows lust and envy has at least had the feeling of lust or envy. Since God has all of men's knowledge and more, he must know lust and envy. But to say God has known lust and envy is to say that God has had the feelings of lust and envy. But this is incompatible with God's moral goodness. Hence God does not exist.

• If God exists, God has not had the feelings of lust or envy therefore not intruding on his moral existence.

• If God exists, God exists as a being who knows at least everything man knows and more.

• If God exists as a being who knows at least everything man knows, God knows lust and envy.

• If God knows lust and envy, God has had the feelings of lust and envy.

• God does not exist.

Now onto my last point.

The Christian God is defined as a personal being that is all-knowing. According to Christians, personal beings have free will.

In order to have free will, you must have more than one option, each of which is choice. This means that before you make a choice, there must be a state of uncertainty during a period of potential: you cannot know the future. Even if you think you can predict your decision, you can never know with entire certainty what the future holds since you have free-will.

A being who knows everything can have no "state of uncertainty." It knows its choices in advance. This means that it has no potential to avoid its choices, and therefore lacks free will. Since a being that lacks free will is not a personal being, a personal being who knows everything cannot exist. Therefore, the Christian God does not exist.

I would like to thank my opponent very much for accepting this debate. This is the end of my response as I have stated my three arguments. It is now time to hear my opponent’s arguments. I look forward to the next round and wish my opponent the best of luck.

The Holy Bible

PalasLucia forfeited this round.

hayhen13 forfeited this round.

PalasLucia forfeited this round.

hayhen13 forfeited this round.

PalasLucia forfeited this round.
Posted by Atheism_Debater 1 year ago
Posted by dandwhit 1 year ago
EDIT: Ignore "me way t" in my previous comment.
Posted by dandwhit 1 year ago
@Bible-Prophecyme way t
"Ditto" to everything @hayhen13 said.
But just to summarise and reiterate:
You can't use the bible as evidence for the exist of a Christian God because your entire religion is based upon that one book...
If I wrote a book about how a magical teapot, so small it is invisible to any technology we have access to at the moment, is rotating around the earth. If I then went around telling people about this theory I had, the vast vast majority of them would say I was on crack or something along those lines. But the book says: "There is a magical teapot, so small it is invisible to any technology we have access to at the moment, is rotating around the earth." So it must be true right? The book says it so, although there is absolutely no other "evidence" for the existence of this teapot, it must exist.
It's the same situation.

There's an invisible man in the sky. That's a crazy, illogical thought. But there's this book, this magical book and it says that there is so it must be true. No...

The reason I have a problem with religion is because of literalists. Religions were created to teach us how to live our lives morally not to delay our scientific development.
Posted by hayhen13 1 year ago
Bible Prophecy,
You are unbelievably stupid.
I just wrote a book about your boogers. Its called the Book of @Bible-Prophecie's Boogers, in this holy book it says, "I exist, The Booger God exists!" Look at that evidence! It says loud and clear that the Booger God exists! How can you deny that evidence! It also says, "All that do not believe in me are fools!" Well it looks like you are a fool if you don't believe in the Bible of Boogers.

You are so stupid.
Posted by Bible-Prophecy 1 year ago

The Holy Bible says,

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." (Psalm 14:1).

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,... (1 Cor.1:18).

You fools, when will you become wise? (Psalm 94:8).
Posted by Bible-Prophecy 1 year ago

The Holy Bible says,

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities"

his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen,

being understood from what has been made,

so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:20).

Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:

Who created all these things? (Isaiah 40:26).