DrAnomaly
judaism

God's Existence (Part 2)

DrAnomaly has forfeited round #4.

DrAnomaly

Con

(Everything below is in reference to judaism's argument in part 1)

"Have you ever read Genesis 1:1? Tell me, is there a co-creator involved? Perhaps a creator before G-d, or anything else?

None of the sort. G-d is the ONLY creator.

"You alone are the L-RD; You made the heavens, the heavens of the heavens and all their host, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and all that is in them, and You give life to them all, and the heavenly host bow down before You." (Nehemiah 9:6)

"'To whom will then you liken Me, that I should be his equal?' says the Holy One." (Isaiah 40:25)

"I am the L-RD, that is My name, and My glory will I not give to another. Neither My praise to graven images!" (42:8)

"This is what the L-RD says, Israel"s King and Redeemer, the L-RD Almighty, 'I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no G-d! Who then is like Me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before Me. . . Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are My witnesses. Is there any G-d besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.'" (44:6-8)

"So said the L-RD, your Redeemer, the One who formed you from the womb, 'I am the L-RD Who makes everything, Who stretched forth the heavens alone, Who spread out the earth by Myself.'" (44:24)

"I am the L-RD, and there is no other; besides Me there is no G-d. . . I will strengthen you. . . I order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the L-RD and there is no other!" (45:5-6)

". . . who announced this before, who declared it from the distant past? Is it not I, the L-RD, and there is no G-d apart from Me, a righteous G-d and Savior; there is none but Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am G-d, and there is no other!" (45:21-22)

Why can't you people get this through your head? G-d is the sole creator, there is no other!

Yes, G-d can be complex, why not, He's the creator after all!" - How do you know that the scripture is valid.
judaism

Pro

I haven't had time to write a full response yet, please give me some more time because I DO have a solid answer and will present it tomorrow once finished. For now, don't ask me anymore questions because that will only cost me more time. I am again willing to add more rounds to this debate if need be, at least until you run out of ammunition, and G-d, proven to our readers.
DrAnomaly

Con

Alright, I waited the almost maximum amount of time so you'd have a while to prepare, (22hrs)
judaism

Pro

Again, I can't post an argument now, life just got in the way. I will try again for the next round, if you feel cheated in any way or form, then we can stop this. I however don't see the necessity for that.

Perhaps I should do the invites in the future, as I always like to give the maximum time possible, 72 hours, there's nothing wrong with that and it gives you time to do research, think over what you're going to write, and then actually do it. For the future, I advise you to do the same.

Shabbat will be here soon and I won't be able to respond nor see your arguments until Sunday.
DrAnomaly

Con

I waited almost the maximum once again (23hrs)
judaism

Pro

Again, didn't have time. I'll notify you when its finished, it will answer your question as to why the Torah is a divine book.

I know everyone's waiting. . . great! The anticipation is high - I'm not stating this arrogantly, I'm just roaming around with words.
Posted by judaism 6 months ago
judaism
DrAnomaly, I haven't been on this site enough to know for sure if you've closed the debate or not. If so, please allow me however to send you a copy of my argument either on here, or via email, so that you can at least read it, and perhaps start another round. The same for you Kasmic, I'll send you it when its finished.
Posted by judaism 6 months ago
judaism
Kasmic, honestly, you can think what you want. If DrAnomaly thinks me a troll, we can end this debate right now. As I see it, me and him are planning to do whatever it takes, if we have to do five more of these debates, then that is what it will be. The reason I'm taking so long is because life, as usual, gets in the way. This is why I like to make rounds 72 hours instead of 24. Perhaps you're retired or something, but I'm not. Some people work - now perhaps you'll advise me not to debate in the future if I'm so busy - and maybe you're right!

The point is, I'm trying my best to get my arguments done - it is a lot to prove HaShem and that His Torah is divine. I'd honestly feel embarrassed if my answer to his response had been: I believe in the Bible because it tells me to. That's a terrible answer. It's not objective and takes a leap of faith and I won't be made fun of here because he could screw me very easily had I made such a mistake.

Yes, I may "appear" like a troll promising more time and wasting it, but believe me, the answer will come and when it does, you'll be surprised.

If you'd like, you can also take me answer apart and try to refute it piece by piece and we'll see what happens.

Again Kasmic, I promise you, I hate trolls. I'm not one. I'm trying to summarize my answer because it is pretty long, that's what's taking time.

Simply put, I have no more proof to offer you that I'm not a troll. You have to right to believe as you please.
Posted by kasmic 6 months ago
kasmic
I"m becoming more and more convinced that Judaism is simply a troll.