What50
DefenderofBacon

God's action is similar to Hitler's actions

DefenderofBacon has forfeited round #2.

What50

Pro

A short debate whether God's action is similar to Adolf Hitler
You may start debating round 1.
No ad hominem keep this debate civil guys.

The flooding of the earth killed at least 10 million people. God justified his actions saying that humans corrupted. He even stated "'The wickedness of man was great in the earth" as stated in the bible. They were corrupting the earth and therefore ruining god's plan for a "perfect world".

Now how is this relevant? Over 6 million Jews were killed in the holocaust. That is pretty close to 10 million people. Hitler blame the Jews for the problems of Germany. His political message by banishing the Jews or killing the Jews. With this plan Germany will become large,and economically powerful country. This is dangerously close for God's plan for a perfect world and Hitlers plan for a perfect Germany.

In conclusion the flooding of the Earth was dangerously close to Hitlers holocaust.

Sources and cites:
http://creation.com...
http://www.annefrank.org...
http://www.projetaladin.org...
DefenderofBacon

Con

I choose to accept this debate. However, I would like to clarify something. Since you are bringing God into this debate and you recognize that he did in fact cause the flood, I am assuming that you believe God is omniscient and omnipotent, correct?

I will begin my debate by refuting what my opponent has said and in the next round I will post my main arguments.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them (Genesis 6: 5-7).

God already had a perfect world with the Garden of Eden. If He had truly wanted to keep that perfect world, He wouldn't have let humans have free will. "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord" (Genesis 6:8). Noah wasn't chosen on his race rather his good deeds and devotion to the Lord. This is strikingly different from Hitler, who killed based on race and actions such as homosexuality and being a gypsy. Also, God wanted the people to be spared from their fate. This is why He instructed that Noah build it in front of everyone, so they could see it and ask for forgiveness. However, none of them did this. Again, the flood was based on actions and not race.

God didn't just limit the flood to a single race. He sent it across the whole world. God chose Noah because of his actions and not because of his skin color. Again, if God wanted to keep the world perfect, He wouldn't have let Adam and Eve come in and ruin things. Remember: God is omniscient and omnipotent.

The Holy Bible, King James Version.

What50

Pro

I wanna thank Con for accepting this debate. Sorry I didn't make how if God is omniscient and omnipotent I am merely going by the story's in the bible.

"Noah wasn't chosen on his race rather his good deeds and devotion to the Lord. This is strikingly different from Hitler, who killed based on race and actions such as homosexuality and being a gypsy. Also, God wanted the people to be spared from their fate. This is why He instructed that Noah build it in front of everyone, so they could see it and ask for forgiveness. However, none of them did this. Again, the flood was based on actions and not race."

My argument is that god killed people because they were evil and corrupted. Hitler blamed the Jews for Germany's problems and even called them the symbol of evil. "...the personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew."-Hitler

As I explained Hitler's Nazi ideology was not based on individuality but peoples racial collectivist. God flooded the earth based on collective reasons and not on individual reasons. This is similar reasons on why Hitler killed the Jews for collective reasons and not on individual reasons.

Sources and sites:
http://www.simpletoremember.com...
https://www.ushmm.org...
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
So what makes a physical life and a physical existence different?

Existence: "Is the state of being alive or being real. "
Source: ttps://www.vocabulary.com...

Life: "the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual"
Source: http://www.dictionary.com...

The 2 definitions are pretty similar.

Skisaweirdo why must you call me a moron. That is a insult and is not tolerated here in this website.
Posted by skipsaweirdo 10 months ago
skipsaweirdo
The problem with morons is they can't understand a very simple concept.
Killing to humans-ending physical life of said person(s)
Killing to God--ending the physical existence AND ending the spiritual existence
So just show in the word of God where it states what God did with the souls of those killed in the flood and then it would be logical to say "God killed". You people are simply stupid.
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
Why is this on color an race? I am saying that their reasons for killing them were very similar.
Posted by Hawksblood1 10 months ago
Hawksblood1
Remember - the US was taken over by mass killers. 50 million Native people were killed by The British and the Spanish. They are the same people still living here thinking they are spiritual. God created many things for many reason. It is man's ego that thinks he is better then, what a ant. a Dog or even a dolphin?
Killing is man's creation because they don't talk about Atlantis. What kind of people that were here that were also mostly KILLED> But it was not by God. People that have to use someone else's writing to say what they are trying to say is not a aware person. Aliens were mention a few times in the Bible and that gets no recognition from any religion. People rather blame God. Read Adam and Eve again and listen to a suppose God. IT talks about OUR KIND which means what? Even the animals of OUR KIND. God as a KIND? People can talk all they want but without truth they will never see what God really created. Jesus was the only one to teach that and sadly that is not even in the Bible. Then you need to understand how the Bible was created it and what was used for that.
Posted by Hawksblood1 10 months ago
Hawksblood1
First off you have to accept the Bible as fact. Then you have to accept what God thinks is right to human thinking. Then you cannot say HE for then you think you know a real God what IT really is. The numbers who was counting them?
If you try to compare good people with bad people again you would have to know God. Do you really think God killed people because of color or race? If you talk about Noah you need to understand a little bit of science. The planet is always 67 % water. If land goes down land has to come up. His ark only had a little over a hundred pairs of animals. Even then the God they talk about said to Noah the good take seven the bad take two. Even at that time The God of the Bible had a view of that. Then understanding about death which they did not soul doesn't die. Soul creates karma. The word wasn't used but it was there. The Bible doesn't talk about the races here before all the stories except the stories of Enochs.
Only one relationship to that in the Bible. Killing is man's words for letting go of the human body or even animal body. Killing in the BIBLE says that is one sin that cannot be forgiven. There are two others. People never read that the same as they don't read the words of the suppose God of Adam and Eve. For anyone talking like they know God should have something important to back it up other then someone else's words.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 10 months ago
CosmoJarvis
"Also, God wanted the people to be spared from their fate. This is why He instructed that Noah build it in front of everyone, so they could see it and ask for forgiveness."

I have read the story of Noah's Ark straight from the Bible and have found no indications showing that God wanted to "spare" others, nor give people a second chance before the Great Flood.
Posted by Masterful 10 months ago
Masterful
God indiscriminately killed millions of humans.
At least Hitler had a stopping point, where he wouldn't kill certain races. He had some humanity.

God hates every race.
Hitler only really hates Jews, gypsies, disabled people and gays. Who doesn't?

Who has more hate?
Posted by What50 10 months ago
What50
No it'd be great if you'd explain it to me right here.
Posted by tomjazzy 10 months ago
tomjazzy
Ever heard of god-win's law.
https://en.wikipedia.org...'s_law