Kostakv
doomswatter

Gods existance

doomswatter

Kostakv

Con

Convince me that your so called God exists...
doomswatter

Pro

OK, well, I never thought I'd have to prove this, but here goes.

My opponent wishes me to convince him/her that my so-called God exists. As Pro, I guess the BoP is on me. Well, there is so much proof, I don't know where to begin. I guess I'll start with God's website: http://www.richardsimmons.com...

As you can see, God has a very tasteful and cutting-edge website with which he reaches the masses of internet zombies with the truth. There is a link to a "bio" page, where you can learn all about God's work. [1] As I'm sure you will agree, my god could not create a website if he didn't exist. "But," you may object, "someone else could have made it and claimed to be God." Fine, I will show you more proof.

According to Wikipedia, God was born on July 12. 1948, and has not died yet, so you can't use the "death = not existing" argument. [2]

Here is video documentation of God himself helping people party off the pounds.-->

Still not convinced? Biography.com, a very reliable source for info about God, says this: "Today, Simmons continues to promote health. Recently, he supported a bill mandating non-competitive physical education in public schools."[3] See? God wants our brain-dead public school rugrats to be healthy.

Need I go on? Have I not shined the blessed light of the truth on your bosom yet?

----------------

[1] http://www.richardsimmons.com...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[3] http://www.biography.com...
Kostakv

Con

Maybe I need to be more specific, I'm talking about Main religions Gods
example... Christianity Judaism Muslim
doomswatter

Pro

My opponent is attempting to change the resolution mid-debate. In R1 he specifically asked for proof of the existence of MY SO-CALLED God. That is what I have supplied, and Con can not expect me to now completely alter my purpose here and prove the existence of OTHER PEOPLE'S SO-CALLED GODS. That is unacceptable.

I like to call Richard Simmons "God". I know some people may think I'm weird, but I will gladly suffer persecution. It is my cross to bear. Proof, as if it were needed:

[1]

My opponent has conceded the debate by refusing to rebut my arguments, and instead attempted to pull a fast one and change the resolution. I did not fall for it, however, because I exercise my brain as well as my body. It is God's way.

Vote Pro.

---------------

[1] http://www.debate.org...;
Kostakv

Con

Kostakv forfeited this round.
doomswatter

Pro

My opponent's silence speaks louder than words. He has seen the light, and no longer has time for petty interwebs. He is too busy basking in the glory of the fro. I am just grateful for the chance to bring one more lost lamb into the fold.

Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 3 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Yeah that's why I thought! I get what you were saying in this argument though. It made a lot more sense than what happened in mine.
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
Are you referring to your Spiderman/Batman debate? Yeah, your opponent is wrong. A battle can happen between fictional characters as long as the battle is fictional. Every comic book is evidence for that.
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 3 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Alright, I will just have to be more specific in my next argument. I also think there should be a fiction section on debates, so you can have who would win? Battles without a complicated mess.
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
It's a valuable lesson in being explicit and specific in your resolution and opening. You will never win a serious debate with an intelligent debater if you are not careful with your opening. Since Kostakv said "your" and "so called", he was inviting debate about anyone that his opponent called "God". This could have been Jehovah, Allah, Vishnu, Barack Obama, Michael Jackson, or whoever. In my case, it just happened to be Richard Simmons.

And I disagree. Richard Simmons always makes everything MORE fun!
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 3 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
Dooms water I get your point, but I don't think this dude was talking about that God. I understand if you started arguing about a God like the Roman Gods and what not, but when you bring some random dude in an call him god, it just gets stupid. Smart Alecs are one of my top pet peeves, and you should look at my first debate to see what I am talking about. Any sane and normal human would know what he, or I, am talking about, but when people take it a different way, not being serious, but on purpose just to mess with the person, it takes all of the fun out of it.
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
Nerd, if you're not specific, how is your opponent supposed to know what to debate, or even if they want to debate you at all? If Pro had said, "Prove the existence of the Christian god", I would not have accepted, because that is impossible. Being specific is important.
Posted by TheRealNerdyBoy 3 years ago
TheRealNerdyBoy
I hate how specific you have to be. Its stupid and non-fun
Posted by joning.78 3 years ago
joning.78
Here is the relations,
If i say am nothing, you cannot see me, i proven that i am exist.
If you said God is not exist. Thus you already prove the existent of God.
If not exist why bother? Because exist, thus we bother to proven.
But, do not need to proof anymore. It is useless, because the system is absolute already. The debate is absolute yes, already when we debate it. That is God, we can not deny it existence.
Posted by Jjjohn 3 years ago
Jjjohn
Pro is kicking butt!
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
Lol, nice job demonstrating the need to be specific Pro!
Vote Placed by neutral 3 years ago
neutral
KostakvdoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Okay, I though this would be one thing, and it was another. Full points for solid humor.
Vote Placed by SebUK 3 years ago
SebUK
KostakvdoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very successful troll
Vote Placed by Ajab 3 years ago
Ajab
KostakvdoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and this was a proper troll good job doom.