legodude123
Jay-D

Goku vs Superman proog goku won

Jay-D
Started: 1/9/2014 Category: TV

legodude123

Pro

Round 1 acceptance I will show you who wins
Jay-D

Con

I accept. Before we begin, I hope that "proog" doesn't mean an extra clause in the resolution or anything, and that it was just a typo. Possibly my opponent meant "proof".

In any case, I will be taking Superman's side (Con), whereas my opponent (Pro) will try to prove that Goku is the better superhero. For combat purposes and comparisons of power, both myself and my opponent must have the liberty to choose any form of Superman or Goku (even SSJ 4) as they wish.

I look forward to a well-contested debate.
legodude123

Pro

Just to point out my computer goes slow and when I type something there is a spelling mistake so if I make a mistake please correct me.
I will be using all forms of Goku which are SSJ 1, 2 , 3 and 4
My opponents will use any other Superman but not a Superman where there's instant K.O which I know Superman has some versions of him that are too invincible shall we begin.
Goku
A proud saiyin born on the planet Vegeta and was raised on earth
Superman
A man from Krypton who was sent to earth because his home planet was being destroyed
As we can see both warriors are strong but I have evidence Goku wins this. I am not being asserted but I am giving my proof.
Goku has the advantage
Lets face it Goku has the advantages over Superman and this is a fact not an opinion. I would like to say Superman is mainly a guy who would rely basically with his fist. Basically even though his punches are strong Goku has endured punches the same as Superman strength and ability and Superman's punches are faster then speed of light but here I found that Goku has been proven to get to places in within seconds and is able to move at light speed giving Goku the advantages of dodge Superman's brute force.
Goku can sense Ki from miles away and I am stating the truth about this. Lets face it Goku has instant transmission and we all know Goku needs complete focus. Yes he does but lets say of course Superman cant handle Goku at a certain stage and Superman has to fly to the sun and it only takes him less then 2 minutes. Goku will be able to sense Superman's ki because Superman is away from Goku and Goku would have complete seconds to teleport and be able to strike at Superman. Just look it takes at least a minute for Superman to get to the Sun and Goku can get to a place in a blink of an eye. Also if Goku finds out that his energy from the sun Goku could destroy the sun and yes he is capable of destroying a planet. That source of energy from the sun will be gone and I heard that's where Superman gets all his strength from. Goku is able to find Ki of any person.
Goku has deflected Ki blast that are as big as a planet. Superman has lifted planets but that does not mean his punches are able to punch someone in instant K.O to back this up w=of what I said when Goku was in the Buu saga. Majin Buu could destroyed a planet but it ends up that Goku pounds Buu and like I said just because Superman can lift a planet does not really mean Goku will lose like Goku defeated Majin Buu and made Majin Buu go to his full point and almost beat him and Buu was able to destroy a planet. So all you guys out there saying Superman can lift a planet and then later on you guys add that since he can lift one he can punch someone in instant K.O and many people say it. Those people are wrong and Goku has the ability to defeat massive foes that are toe to toe with Superman's strength

Experience
Goku has experienced great opponents more powerful then Superman's opponents. Let me just show you in a video right here

https://www.youtube.com...

Goku was able to hold his strength against Buu currently the video wont respond you may have to click on the link but see how Goku was able to at least hold Buu off. Yes during the Doomsday vs Superman battle Superman couldn't even match up with Dooms day he was running out of stamina and Superman had to go in the air just to kill him. If that was Goku he would have just ended it. Even Buu is stronger then Doomsday and yet he managed to win Superman had to struggle to beat Doomsday. And if the hulk lost to Goku what makes you think Goku will have a hard time fighting Doomsday.
Goku has faced tough villains stronger then Superman's foes.

Superman is not invincible
He is not stop saying he is. This is why he is not invincible. If he was invincible
1) He would have never died from the crashing fall during his fight with Doomsday.
2) He has his own weakness that is kryptonite so he is basically not invincible in that case.
3) He struggled to face mere humans such as the following
- Lex Luther
- Darkseid
- Batman
I know Batman cheated but Superman should have been able to finish him yet he struggled
- Doomsday
You see how he is basically not invincible

Conclude
In conclusion Goku has the skills and there is proof
I will state my sources later on and I will add more reasons in the next round but Jay- D will go next
Jay-D

Con

I shall now post my arguments. To begin with, Pro says he got his PC back (hardly relevant) and so there will be lesser spelling mistakes.

But I would like to point out, that right off the bat, Pro has spelled "saiyan" wrong.
http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Introduction

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opponent has already given a brief overview about both the individuals as well. I shall state the basic powers and abilities of Superman and Goku.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Superman

-His skin cells allow him to absorb yellow sun radiation, which greatly enhance his strength and speed. This absorbed radiation is the only nutrition he requires. Thus, Superman does not need to eat or sleep.

-He is practically ageless, and immune to diseases.

-He is immune to fatigue, unless exposed to krytonite. This means he can work at 100% efficiency as long as he has enough energy.

-Superman is capable of flying faster than light (FTL). His flight speed ranges between his numerous forms, from mach 10 to instant teleportation (as Superman Prime).

-Superman can hear sound of any volume or pitch, and also see at extremely long distances and sub-atomic levels.

-Superman can survive in space. He can hold his breath for an indefinite amount of time.

-Superman has a highly accelerated healing factor. He can heal most wounds almost instantaneously.

-Contrary to popular belief, Superman is NOT a fighter who relies on brute force. He is well-trained in many forms of martial arts by various people, including Batman himself.

-Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite, and steadily loses his powers in its presence.

-Superman also has no added resistance to magic i.e. it affects him to the same extent as it would a normal human.

Source: http://www.superherodb.com...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Goku
-His strength has grown with time. He reaches his limit as a Super Saiyan 4 (SS4), in which he is 4000 times stronger than his normal form.

-Like all Saiyans, Goku ages slowly.

-Goku is capable of manipulating energy and channeling it for offense, defense, flight, and other purposes.

-He has been trained to sense power levels from afar.

-Goku CANNOT survive in space. An example is the fact that he needed a ship to escape namek.

-Goku needs to feed to subsist. His hunger level is, at best, a little above an average human.

-Goku has a resilient body due to his enormous strength, but only a slight acceleration in his healing factor. He takes considerably long to heal from serious injuries.

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org...

Rebuttals

Initially, Pro stated: I know Superman has some versions of him that are too invincible

I see this as partial concession. By saying that some forms of Superman are invincible, my opponent has implied that at his best, Superman is undisputedly stronger than Goku.

I believe I have made my point. But just for the sake of fair contest, I shall abide by Pro's request to give Superman a handicap, and to not use some of his forms in my rebuttals.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am giving my proof..... Lets face it Goku has the advantages over Superman

I hardly believe "lets face it" counts as proof. Even the subsequent statements made by my opponent are quite vague. For example, if Goku has "advantages of dodge Superman's brute force" because he can move faster than light, why does Superman not get the same advantage? After all, he can move faster than light as well.

I would like to say Superman is mainly a guy who would rely basically with his fist.

I'm afraid my opponent has made an inaccurate statement. As I have stated earlier, Superman is an extremely proficient martial artist. He is a master of many martial arts disciplines, whereas Goku has only learned Kame Sennin style from Roshi and Kaio Ken style from North Kai.

As such, it is more than likely that Superman's knowledge of martial arts far exceeds that of Goku himself.

Just look it takes at least a minute for Superman to get to the Sun and Goku can get to a place in a blink of an eye

That is irrelevant. Goku cannot survive in space. And it is impossible to say that Goku can defeat Superman in mere seconds and get back to earth before he runs out of breath.
This is because just by exiting earth's atmosphere, Superman's absorption of solar radiation dramatically increases.

Even if we assume that Superman begins fighting Goku at minimum strength, his power would increase exponentially (and not linearly) as he approaches the sun.

The entire scenario provided by Pro rests on the assumption that neither fighters have any time to prepare for a fight. What my opponent has failed to notice is that this would have a negative effect, not only on Superman but on Goku as well. Since Superman is 100% efficient and immune to fatigue, he can directly engage and kill Goku, who would be no match for FTL speed and mountain-level strength in base form.

If both fighters start at average strength, Goku is at a disadvantage of speed, durability, and possibly physical power as well.

If both start at full strength, Goku is at a complete disadvantage, because not only would Superman be almost as fast as the Flash (whose speed is LITERALLY infinite), but he would be nearly immune to all of Goku's energy attacks as well.

Goku has deflected Ki blast that are as big as a planet

I highly doubt it. Never in the Dragon Ball Z/GT series have I seen any ki blasts that are as large as a planet. The largest ever shown was the universal Spirit Bomb, and that wasn't even as big as a city.

I request Pro to refrain from making such overly exaggerated statements.

just because Superman can lift a planet does not really mean Goku will lose

Superman didn't just lift a planet. He pushed the earth back into orbit AGAINST Starbreaker, who was pushing it towards the sun. This fact is specified in the source I supplied for Superman's powers.
I believe that such a feat is surely enough to defeat Goku.

He would have never died from the crashing fall during his fight with Doomsday

Another common misconception. HE DIDN'T DIE. He awoke after receiving sufficient solar radiation. Later, Superman even defeated Doomsday.

Goku has faced tougher villains than SOME of Superman's foes. Unfortuantely, the enemies my opponent is referring to are those from the WEAKEST versions of Superman.

People like Darkseid, Imperiex and Mxyzptlk are individually far greater than Kid Buu and Omega Shenron combined.

He struggled to face mere humans such as the following
- Lex Luther

Luthor had kryptonite almost every time, and Superman doesn't kill, UNLIKE GOKU.

-Darkseid

DARKSEID IS HUMAN??? Darkseid is a god! I would advise Pro to check again.

-Batman

Again, Superman doesn't kill. Besides, he was weakned from a kryptonite arrow PLUS a nuclear blast, and all Batman managed was ONE PUNCH.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the end of this round, we can say that the "proof" provided by Pro is clearly not enough. I eagerly await his subsequent arguments and closing statements in the final round.
legodude123

Pro

I am not going to disrespect you but I just want to say some points of your argument is
' I know superman has some versions that are invincible '
First of all I am not admitting I am saying you cant use versions of Superman that are invincible like Superman prime because there is no contest
The Superman your saying could die and is a more better contest. What if for example and this is example, what if naruto had different versions and one of them could kill and your comparing him to Anng to avatar is that a fair fight? No, so you cant say you can use Superman prime cause it wouldn't be fair and this fight has to be evenly matched. So you did not refute my statement properly.
' Superman relies on his fist'
http://www.screwattack.com...
That's one link

If the video is not showing click the link but that's my proof I will share

Now going to refute the second rebuttal your trying to put against me
Yes its true he mainly relies in his fist and brute force.
As showed in the Doomsday battle Superman didn't really use his heat vision or any sort he had to punch and punch until Doomsday would have gotten beaten. But to end it he had to fly up into the air and kill him. If Superman doesn't usually use his long range attacks how do you expect him to be able to get his advantages.

Also where is your proof that he knows lots of martial arts skills when the last time I checked Superman basically knew boxing and fist fight and a few fight styles of Kyrtonian. Your basically making a false statement about Goku and you said he only knows two as the ones you listed. Goku is known as the worlds Martial artist and you cant be telling me that Goku only knows two fight styles when he has trained with
- son gohan hyperbolic chamber
- turtle hermit
- King Kai
- Trained himself in 100 times Earth gravity
- He has trained with his grandfather Gohan( yes he had a grandfather Gohan and he named his son after him)
- He has trained himself past the limits
- He has trained and was able to posses new powers such as super strength
And the list goes on and on. You cant tell me Superman is master of martial arts because you did not give me evidence
http://en.wikipedia.org...(Dragon_Ball)
http://www.animemegaverse.com...

' Goku cant survive in space'
Another false statement and who told you that?
Want to know why you are all wrong just look I will show you and if you look it up you will know I am right the reason you think that is because during the Frieza saga Frieza said that saiyans cannot breathe in space I wont blame you for thinking that Goku cannot. Frieza said that saiyans cannot breathe in space because
1) he wanted to keep Goku so when he was able to destroy the planet he wanted to Goku to stay
2) He said that so he can leave Goku without options
Proof Goku can breathe in space
- Vegeta and Goku are full blooded saiyans and clearly Vegeta managed to breathe in space so you cant say Goku cannot
- Bardock fought Frieza in space you cant be telling me if Bardock can breathe in space why cant Goku cant. There is no clear evidence.
- You guys saying Goku cant breathe in space is a big misunderstanding.
- Nappa has went through space without space pods
- The only reason he used a space ship because he thought Frieza was telling the truth

Look at the link.

You are wrong that he didn't die on Doomsday and again where's the proof why not provide a video or link?
You could read that and as finding and researching I have seen nothing to saying of how Superman survived. He died of his crashing fall. So if there is no proof to cover it up which I cant find you are wrong

' Darkseid could beat Buu'
Nope wrong again no evidence. I just looked it up when fighting Buu you fight him in Super Buu form first then Buu has an advantage of absorbing a person once that's triggered there is no way to dodge it and he does it on surprise
http://wiki.answers.com...
Once you get inside of Super Buu's body you have to face Kid Buu or get wrapped up in a cocoon. If you want to see them fight heres e fight Buu would be able to win in
Buu vs Darkseid
Buu is able to absorb people and just because Darkseid is a God will not mean he will win. According to my research he Buu can absorb others. So even if Darkseid tries to win Buu will just absorb him like that enough said

' My statement you countered'
Like I said you said Superman can take Gods with no sweat but it looks as if your supporting that Superman struggled and yet again your must be saying that Darkseid is a God so you must be putting a excuse on why Superman was being pounded.

' I said batman cheated but wait I thought you people said he can sense things coming how come he didn't react quick when he was sensing it by the way ' isn't he fast as light'( sarcasm) yeah I thought so

And I saw the fight Batman was pounding Superman and Superman was struggling as said. Basically Superman struggled while fight Batman but if he can beat mere humans how come he was struggling fighting Batman and you are wrong Batman landed more then one punch during the fight.

To conclude
Goku is more capable of defeating Superman and has more advantages and more power then Superman. As from now I am forward to my opponents rebuttals
Jay-D

Con

I believe my opponent has misunderstood some of my statements. Also, many of his statements are false, and he has used extremely questionable sources. I shall describe all this in detail in my rebuttals, which will be followed by my concluding statements.

Rebuttals

So you did not refute my statement properly.

To begin with, I was never trying to refute THAT particular statement. I was just bringing a point to notice. In case it isn't clear, I'll state it again:
Goku has no contest against the strongest versions of Superman, and a fair fight can only be one in which Superman is given a handicap. But I also explicitly specified that this point has no effect to the outcome of this particular debate. I only stated it so that there's no dispute about that outside of this debate.

-------------------------------------------------------------

'Superman relies on his fist'
http://www.screwattack.com...

Unfortunately, the source provided by Pro has little reliability. It is posted by a user called "UltimateSaiyan". The name of this user itself should be enough to conclude that his opinion would be biased, and hence cannot be relied upon.

On the other hand, the original screwattack video was NOT made by any Superman fans, but by a neutral team. Even if it may not be believable, it's at least more credible than UltimateSaiyan's conclusions.

------------------------------------------------------------

As showed in the Doomsday battle...

My opponent is basing his conclusion entirely on the Doomsday fight. Superman didn't use heat vision or freeze breath because it would have practically no effect on someone of Doomsday's body structure.
I don't see how Pro didn't understand that.

Also where is your proof that he knows lots of martial arts skills

Here it is: http://www.comicvine.com...

He learned Torquasm Rao and Torquasm Vo, and other advanced styles from Batman. Now, Batman knows 127 different disciplines of martial arts, so I'm making a pretty reasonable assumption when I say Superman has learned many disciplines of martial arts.
I don't really understand Pro's statement "basically knew boxing and fist fight and a few fight styles of Kyrtonian". Doesn't that mean he knows more than Goku, who knows only TWO?

Yes, Goku knows only TWO styles of martial arts, namely Kaio Ken and Kame Sennin style. This is in complete contradiction to Pro's assertions, which I shall now prove.

Pro's statements:

-----

you cant be telling me that Goku only knows two fight styles when he has trained with

- son gohan hyperbolic chamber

So what exactly is Pro trying to say? That Gohan taught Goku a new martial arts style? I hardly believe it.

-----

- turtle hermit
- King Kai

I agree. Those two are the only persons who have taught him new styles. One each.

-----

I'm sorry, but I can't help saying that this is an outrageous statement. Does one automatically learn a new martial arts style by training under high gravity? I really don't see what Pro is trying to insinuate.
TRAINING IS HONING ONE'S EXISTING SKILLS, NOT LEARNING NEW ONES. Goku did train with many people, but all they did was help increase his strength.
It is NEVER shown that he learned more martial arts skills.

-----

- He has trained with his grandfather Gohan

Even if he did, and he was taught a new style, that makes it THREE at most.

-----

Again, I fail to see how this means Goku has learned NEW disciplines. This argument simply defies logic.

' Goku cant survive in space'

- Bardock fought Frieza in space you cant be telling me if Bardock can breathe in space why cant Goku cant. There is no clear evidence

Frieza wasn't lying. This contradiction is nothing but a PLOT HOLE in the manga. It is one of the many accuracies in the Dragon Ball series.
http://dragonball.wikia.com...

I hardly believe that a youtube video can account for a plot hole. Such a mistake is commonplace in manga, and I don't blame my opponent for not realizing that.

You are wrong that he didn't die on Doomsday....

I'm not. Although there is no official statement about this, the most plausible theory is that Superman simply entered a comatose state. The title "Death of Superman" isn't exactly literal. In fact, a testament to this exists in the source provided by Pro himself:

If Superman returned after receiving enough energy, doesn't it mean that his consciousness never left his body? Then how can that be classified as "death"? Even in the DB series, when one dies, his soul leaves his body. Superman's didn't. So, he didn't die.

'Darkseid could beat Buu'
Nope wrong again no evidence.

http://wiki.answers.com...

Once again, Pro has provided a COMPLETELY unreliable source. For all we know, Pro himself provided the answer to that question. What credibility does this source have?

I would like to provide a bit more reliable source:
http://www.superherodb.com...

Goku is class 18. Darkseid is class 20. Goku is obviously higher than Buu. Therefore Darkseid is at a higher level than Buu. I hope that's enough to convince my opponent.

NOTE: Superman is class 19, which is ALSO above Goku. And this doesn't even consider Superman Prime.

As goes for the first youtube video given by my opponent, it says that Superman at his peak can lift 100 tons. That is honestly one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen.
This source was supplied by Pro himself:

On this page, however, it says that Superman can easily lift a quintillion (10^18) tons. A classic example of Pro's inconsistency. That's all I would like to say in this matter.

I shall now summarize and conclude the debate.

----------------------------------------------------------

Superman, being able to survive in space (undisputedly), and not needing any food, has far better vitality than Goku.

Goku's toughest enemies are far weaker than those face by Superman, such as Darkseid and Imperiex.

Superman's knowledge of martial arts is almost certainly greater than Goku's.

---------------------------------------------------------

My opponent has provided highly unreliable sources. Even in those, he has failed to closely examine and check the consistency of statistics such as Superman's strength.

Pro has made over-exaggerations, such as Goku deflecting ki blasts as large as planets, and Goku learning martial arts by training under increased gravity.

Pro has also made gross understatements, the best example of which would be his first video of round 3 which says Superman can lift only 100 tons.

I rest my case. I believe I have adequately proved that Superman is far superior to Goku.
The rest is up to the voters. Vote Con!
Posted by the_ultimate_creation 1 year ago
the_ultimate_creation
@Spiderman12345 goku wins by a landslide
Posted by Poiesis 3 years ago
Poiesis
By the way, both of these characters are known to be extremely overpowered. Also, they are both EXTREME good guys so they would always be on the same side. If they did fight, it would likely be a friendly exhibition or training bout. If they kept sparing though, Goku would eventually surpass Superman forever (assuming that he already hadn't). Superman doesn't display the same ridiculous and (presumably) infinite capacity for improvement as Goku does. Even if he has that capacity, the speed of those improvements is nowhere near the same.

It's impossible to determine who the stronger actually is though because (as we all know) when comic characters collide it always ends in a draw.

Superman was the first hero I ever loved when I was a kid. Goku was second. I've seen/read all of the Dragon Ball material. I haven't read a Superman comic since about 2002, but I was well read up until then. I quit both (along with my other comic/manga/animation interests) because it was eating up too much of my time. I have no bias for either of these character. This is just the only logical conclusion in my opinion.

Now... I am deeply ashamed of myself. I never thought I'd hear myself having a nerd debate. :)
Posted by Poiesis 3 years ago
Poiesis
I would like to point out a few things...

Goku trained with his grandfather first who taught him multiple styles. You can see this in the first few tournaments when he was a child. He switches style while fighting Roshi/Jackie Chun multiple times. Master Roshi then taught him additional styles. These are based off of Chinese martial arts (Wushu or Kung Fu in english) which encompass multiple styles. A master of Chinese martial arts rarely knows only a single style.

He then trained with Kami and Popo, who taught him a completely new way of fighting. Before that Goku could not fly or sense Ki. Then King Kai taught him more. After the fight on Namek, Goku trained on another planet where he learned instant transmission. He also trained with an unknown amount of dead warriors in Other World and learned more skills there. The fusion technique is evidence of that.

He's also demonstrated the ability to reproduce the techniques of opponents he has faced. He's incorporated the styles of Tien, Piccolo, Krillin, Yamcha etc. He uses their techniques throughout the story after he encounters them.

Also, keep in mind that while Goku may not be able to breathe in space, he doesn't have to. He can dematerialize and travel as light across it to any location he desires. Therefore, he could destroy the sun and use instant transmission to flee to a safe place.

Keep in mind that neither Goku, or Superman would kill his opponent unless he was forced to. Goku is willing to give up a fight unless others are in danger. So even if Superman wins the first time, he won't kill Goku who would then become stronger. Later, he would challenge Superman again. Eventually Goku would surpass Superman because of his Saiyan ability to grow stronger after battle.

Goku has an innate fighting sense which allows him to adapt to any situation. His Saiyan body quickly becomes immune to attacks if they are repeated. This innate fighting sense and adaptability would eventually catch up with Supe
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
I cant vote but Mr. Jay-D wins
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
@legodude123 knows nothing about Darkseid and that he cant die and Goku has been beaten by Bill in two punches while Superman has beaten his enemies but it wont change the fact I hate Superman
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
And it look like legodude123 is using multiple accounts just by the link me I just started and know a little bit about debating and I suck at debating and I got hacked on this site.
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
See why I think Bronze age Superman would be a more better fight
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
Superman would beat the living hell out of Goku but still we need to compare the right Superman Goku cant handle Superman.

Superman of course will win
Goku does not suck he is still good but he lost and lost and admit but I don't want to be a instigator like him but just to say I don't think Goku is evenly matched with Superman and if he is not why are they comparing someone that's not on the same level as Goku I don't think there's a challenge
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
Superman is going to win of course we should all know and Pro had bad sources
Posted by spiderman12345 3 years ago
spiderman12345
@Jay D superman can rip off a galaxy and more tons anyone who thinks Goku will win needs to check the facts.
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
legodude123Jay-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
legodude123Jay-DTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made better arguments. Pro's sources weren't very good. Con had better grammar. Its clear superman is stronger and can indisputably survive indefinitely in space.