laxi
stevekav

Google has ruined YouTube! Am I right?

Started: 11/7/2013 Category: Technology

laxi

Pro

YouTube used to be a fun place to socialize and watch videos on.
Google took that away.
I will not go back until they have undone what they ruined.
I will not sign up on Google+.
I will simply not use YouTube.
Please share your opinions here.
stevekav

Con

I don't think google have made very much negative change to youtube at all. You can still watch videos and socialize in the same way as you always could on the site, the only bad thing is that you have to watch 5 seconds of an advertisement sometimes before the video starts to play, it's only fair for them to make some money from advertising since they are offering us a free service. They have added many positive changes such as the ability to link in with your emails and social networks thus vastly improving the social aspect of the site but you have still stated that it's not a fun place to socialize anymore even though you have offered no supporting arguement or explanation why it is no longer a fun place to socialize. It is still a fun place to socialize and watch videos on and I would like to hear more substance to your statement that it isn't.
laxi

Pro

A lot of people have trouble with the new YouTube.
I don't get why Google made changes to YouTube at all, when everyone liked it just the way it was.
Now you have to have Gmail and Google+, which is just a stupid ripoff of Facebook and Twitter anyway.
You can't even COMMENT if you haven't connected your account to Google+.
There are even people who still can't comment after that.
And if you don't care about not being able to comment, you get a daily popup from Google asking if you want to use your full name.
Google is just using YouTube to get more users on Google+.
stevekav

Con

stevekav forfeited this round.
laxi

Pro

laxi forfeited this round.
stevekav

Con

stevekav forfeited this round.
Posted by YoYo-the-toy 11 months ago
YoYo-the-toy
My opinion is that you are watching YouYube now.
If you thought about what YouTube is for more than the attention span it has trained you to, you would realize that the service costs for a website of that magnitude is beyond ubsurd. Last I checked 24 hours of content is uploaded every hour, demanding more and more servers and server space. On top of that is supplying content to millions of people around the world. Youtube is a bottomless money pit that Google can't escape because of its popularity. Your argument smells of arogence. You somehow think you have the right to complain about something that is free. I hope that someone intelegent has the time to knock you down a notch. Fyi, don't start with the ads = revinue bull. Most of the money from ads go to the youtuber and even then the ads must actually be watched for anyone to be paid a penny.