rosstheboss
tennis47

Google is better than Bing.

tennis47
Started: 12/18/2012 Category: Technology

rosstheboss

Pro

The resolution that stands before the house today is, "Google is better than Bing"

Google: The search engine created by Google inc.
Better: Of a more excellent or effective quality.
Bing: The search engine created by Microsoft Corporation.

Con may choose whether to use the first round for his constructive argument, or to use it only for acceptance.

Good luck!
tennis47

Con

Hi! Firstly, I want to say than Bing! sounds better than Gooooooooooooogle!
Here are the statistics after a survey for google users..........

Apparently 64% of respondents were surprised at how good Bing's search results were. A further 50% stated that their opinion of Bing had improved after seeing their results alongside Google, with another 33% of Google users saying they'd be using Bing more often after taking part in the tests.

So, good luck! :)
rosstheboss

Pro

I'd like to start with a couple refutations. Con said "33% of Google users saying they'd be using Bing more often after taking part in the tests." This actually bolsters my case, because it shows that 67% of people would not ever use bing instead of google. This clearly shows that google is better. As for Bing sounding better than Google, i'm going to have to disagree ;).

Google gets an average of 188 Million visitors a day. Bing gets a measly 60 million a day. If Bing is better than Google, how come Google gets more visitors?

Well, I'm out of material. I will use next round for refutations and for reiterating my constructive argument.
tennis47

Con

"Google gets an average of 188 Million visitors a day. Bing gets a measly 60 million a day. If Bing is better than Google, how come Google gets more visitors?"

Just because Google gets more visitors, that doesn't mean it's necessarily better! Google has just been around longer, so Bing is starting to catch up.

"As for Bing sounding better than Google, I'm going to have to disagree ;)."

Think about it. The word Bing! sounds all happy and jumpy while Gooooooooooogle sounds more like an echo in a cemetery.

"Con said "33% of Google users saying they'd be using Bing more often after taking part in the tests." This actually bolsters my case, because it shows that 67% of people would not ever use Bing instead of Google."

It doesn't show that 67% of people will never ever use Bing instead of Google, on the website where I got my info, it didn't say anything about the rest of the people liking Google better than Bing. For all I know, the rest of them might only use Bing now!

rosstheboss

Pro

rosstheboss forfeited this round.
tennis47

Con

Bing! sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than goooooooooooooooooooogle.

Merry Christmas everyone! ;)
Posted by Blacksnake 3 years ago
Blacksnake
lol
Posted by Blacksnake 3 years ago
Blacksnake
lol
Posted by tennis47 3 years ago
tennis47
kk
Posted by rosstheboss 3 years ago
rosstheboss
nvrmind I changed mine
Posted by tennis47 3 years ago
tennis47
What icon?
Posted by rosstheboss 3 years ago
rosstheboss
wow way to copy my icon ;)
Vote Placed by richarddong 3 years ago
richarddong
rossthebosstennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: sigh*