zardrell
CrimsonStar16

Goto College or follow your dreams( when your family deems you a failure and closeminded.)

zardrell

Pro

Life is short, and you want to follow your dreams. your family especially your parents want you to go and get your degree. you choose to follow your dreams, even if your parents called you close minded, a failure, a disgrace to your own family, they even go to the point of using race as a way to justify their-selves. Is it still worth following your dream? Remember, life is too short, and to become an obedient drone for society is just wasting life. Its your will or your family's will.
CrimsonStar16

Con

I say that you must follow your dreams. Your parents as parents should not prioritize the career they picked out for you over your happiness. If they are, then they should have a good reason to and it has to be discussed for the child to understand. If they don't, then maybe they just want the money you'll get out of an expensive career. I mean, would you want to work a job that you never wanted to have in the first place every day of your working life?
zardrell

Pro

I totally agree man, I put pro for following your dreams, and parents shouldnt live through their children like that. its just plain wrong. and life is too short to do that. now, if i goto college, im going to go because i want to go, not because i have to.
CrimsonStar16

Con

Yep. It doesn't have to be high-paying unless you want to get rich, but if you really don't want to go through boredom every day of your life, pick something you want to do.
My mistake, I assumed we were on different sides.
zardrell

Pro

i totally agree, but what you think about parents who do this to their children
CrimsonStar16

Con

CrimsonStar16 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
zardrellCrimsonStar16Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, it looks like both debaters were on the same side. Since Con forfeited the final round, I award conduct to Pro. This is because forfeiting is rarely acceptable behavior in any debate setting. In this case, it would have been better to just type in "pass" instead of forfeiting. However, I am awarding spelling to Con since Pro had several errors in his spelling throughout the debate including words that weren't capitalized when they should have been.