Jaxs
Stirling

Government in any form is inherently in opposition to freedom

Jaxs

Pro

Government in any form exists to suppress freedom and swindle resources from those who are not part of that government. Government also destroys natural mechanisms that promote balance in humanity. In general government is a self fulfilling construct that only exists because of an unfounded assumption that it is necessary.
Stirling

Con

Firstly, the pretense of this argument depends on the kind of government you mean. I will assume you mean -all- forms of government. Government is a governing body that makes decisions for the state or body of people. Those decisions will not always be well liked and perhaps does not cater to the tastes of a single person but may in fact cater to those of a larger group. Government is not an unfounded assumption. Let us take Somalia, shall we? Somalia has been in a perpetual state of violence, piracy and inhumane acts of aggression. This, of course, is not true for all Somalian people but at the same time, this behavior is due to the lack of government and therefore the lack of economic, political and social stability. Without a governing body, however unpopular, Somalia split into clans/factions. Government, in nature, can only exist with people in the positions of power. They are, of course, paid like any other worker. Their payment, however, is, as I understand, an issue of concern with you. Congressional salary is 174,000 per year which, I admit, is a sky high payment for the typical American. However, we must keep in mind they are indeed making choices every day that may potentially affect our lives forever.

Government, however you look at it, is a necessary"evil." Government keeps the checks and balances of society. If you do not like government, I cordially invite you to visit Somalia when it was in a perpetual anarchist revolution.

I look forward to your reply
Jaxs

Pro

Jaxs forfeited this round.
Stirling

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round and so I will give him a chance if he is busy to present arguments in the next round.
Jaxs

Pro

Jaxs forfeited this round.
Stirling

Con

Stirling forfeited this round.
Jaxs

Pro

Jaxs forfeited this round.
Stirling

Con

Stirling forfeited this round.
Posted by zestog3 3 years ago
zestog3
If you are born free, you should not be forced to do anything against your will, as long as you are not harming anyone else.