majesta6
AbandonedSpring

Government is bad?

AbandonedSpring

majesta6

Pro

The government is proving to be a wrong to us all. They like to spy on us through google, our phone conversations, and verizon etc. Now lets talk about the gun debate. The reason the government wants to ban guns is so when when they want to fire out against there own people we will be helpless. Like rats in a cage. Soon the government will burst through your doors and look around your house for guns. Is that really what you want our future to be like? Because I sure don't.
AbandonedSpring

Con

Alright, thanks for starting this debate!

The debate topic is, "Government is bad", therefore I will be proving that government is not bad.

I am hoping you understand basic government, but I will go ahead and assume you don't. Do you know what the point of a government is? A government's inherent job is to allow the people to develop in a safe environment. Luckily, the American government has a constitution, which prevents the government from stepping out of line (for the most part). There is a system of checks an balances that ensures we will not end up like "rats in a cage". Also, who would call for the military to attack it's own people? I'm assuming congress, since the legislative branch is the only branch that can declare war. But that would be impossible. There is no way 2/3 of the branch would vote to wipe out an entire country.

Government is not bad. Government is what allows us to walk the streets knowing there is at least a lower risk of getting mugged. What would you rather us do? Switch to an anarchy?

Thanks
majesta6

Pro

Thanks for being my opponent.

It is not true that only congress could call a war against us because the president is in charge. Also the government would and could start a war against it's own people. They would because the government could be corrupted to easy. If its people get stronger then they are then they will get worried. They are also killing us slowly they can do this by first drugging a person up, then the government kills some people, then they make it look like the person they drugged up is the one who did it, and in the end they make people scared of random people, guns, and there safety. So then ,if enough people get scared, nobody will want guns around. Just look at this article about the shooting in Colorado at the movie theater.
Source: www.westernjournalism.com/was-colorado-shooting-staged-by-the-government/
AbandonedSpring

Con

"It is not true that only congress could call a war against us because the president is in charge. Also the government would and could start a war against it's own people. "

Please cite where in the constitution is says the president has the power to declare war. It's strange, I have read the constitution many times, but the only branch that can declare war is the legislative branch.

"They would because the government could be corrupted to easy. If its people get stronger then they are then they will get worried. They are also killing us slowly they can do this by first drugging a person up, then the government kills some people, then they make it look like the person they drugged up is the one who did it, and in the end they make people scared of random people, guns, and there safety."

Any government could/is somewhat corrupt. Mainly, it's just people being greedy. This got so bad that another amendment had to be passed that prevented congress from upping their pay. That's pitiful, but no-one is being killed. I'm also not even sure what the second sentence said. I'm assuming that was your attempt to prove the government is killing us. That makes no sense. How would the government 'drug' us? If a government kills it's population, then it's not a government anymore! Government is meant to ensure the safety of a body of people. Also, if America did kill all of it's citizens and become a dictatorship, America would lose all foreign deals. People would actually respect us less.

"So then ,if enough people get scared, nobody will want guns around. Just look at this article about the shooting in Colorado at the movie theater."

Oh, believe you me, I did, and I'm about to go to town. This article is garbage, and I find it hard to believe this website is not similar to websites like "The Onion". I will leave a link to my favorite part of this website:

http://www.westernjournalism.com...

Also, let's please keep it to .org only. .com sources are to unreliable for both sides of the argument.

The website also says things like, "His behavior doesn"t add up", "Staged just in time for a vote on the UN small arms treaty?", and "Governments routinely murder millions".

The last one is my favorite, because then it only talks about nations that are not democracies/republics. Ex: USSR, Rwanda, and Afghanistan.

The website doesn't prove anything. It doesn't have any facts, it just talks about things that are "questionable", yet a person with a reasonable mind does not have a hard time seeing through it.

Government is necessary.

Do you not think so? Do you think government is bad, and therefore unnecessary?

Thanks
majesta6

Pro

majesta6 forfeited this round.
majesta6

Pro

majesta6 forfeited this round.
majesta6

Pro

The president can SUGGEST to the congress about starting a war. Just saying, most of the time they (congress) approve. I do think we could live without a BIG government. I'm fine with a little government.
Do like wars? Do you like how the U.S Government is killing people who didn't do anything to us?
I will also assume that you believe that the U.S Government did not plan 9/11. The U.S Government knew that 9/11 was going to happen but they stood by to let it happen. Osama Bin Laden was not behind it. Also the passport that was found near the WTC was staged.
Please tell me if you argue with any of these statements.
AbandonedSpring

Con

"The president can SUGGEST to the congress about starting a war. Just saying, most of the time they (congress) approve."

Keyword? SUGGEST! The president does not declare war, nor would he ever have the power to deface war on American citizens.

"I do think we could live without a BIG government. I'm fine with a little government."

That' irrelevant. You believe that government is bad. Size does not matter in this instance.

"Do like wars? Do you like how the U.S Government is killing people who didn't do anything to us?"

1. I'm assuming you meant "Do I like wars?". The answer to that is, it depends. Some wars are justified. Some are not. When a bomb was dropped on Pearl Harbor, we were forced into war.

2. Of course not. I hate that, I never said I liked it. I would like to bring awareness that sometimes a government has to get involved in a situation.

"I will also assume that you believe that the U.S Government did not plan 9/11. The U.S Government knew that 9/11 was going to happen but they stood by to let it happen. Osama Bin Laden was not behind it."

Yes, you would be correct in saying that. The U.S. government was not behind 9/11, and until you bring further proof, I stand affirmed in my opinion.

"Also the passport that was found near the WTC was staged.
Please tell me if you argue with any of these statements."

I literally argue with all of your arguments, mainly because you have no proof. You cited no evidence, so I must assume you have none.

Voting Issues:

My opponent clearly failed to how government is bad. He also supported his entire argument based on fiction, which was never fully supported. Thanks
Posted by AbandonedSpring 2 years ago
AbandonedSpring
What about programs like medicare and medicaid? Obama didn't create those, but they are essentially the same thing.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Government has always had to be restrained. That is what the constitution was to do. But The politicians just ignored the constitution and what we have today is a shell of what America was founded under. The biggest problem we have today is welfare of all kinds. Over half of the government would be gone if it was not for them creating a freeloader society.Obama would have been laughed out of even running if people had not wanted to give up our freedom for welfare .
Vote Placed by QTAY21 2 years ago
QTAY21
majesta6AbandonedSpringTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although I believe we should have less government, it would be a very bad idea to not have one altogether. Pro obviously does not know enough about how the government works, and did not provide any actual proof for his arguments.